sooooo bloated... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

sooooo bloated... sooooo bloated...

Unread 03-07-2005, 07:36 AM
sooooo bloated...

hello ladies. feeling a little blah this morning and i think its a real bad case of PMS (brief history: aub; 3 fibroids, 2 tennis balls and one smaller located intramural; using progesterone cream; d&c; wait & see) . thus far, this has been a good month as far as bleeding is concerned. me and my sig other have been intimate for 2 whole weeks and i havent started to spot/bleed yet!!! ...anyway, looked in the mirror this morning and my abdomen looks so swollen. i feel really bloated around my mid-section and the scale seems to have taken a drastic leap in just a couple of days. my normal cycle is due next week. pls, pls, tell me that someone else is experiencing this or has experienced it in the past. do fibroids grow bigger during the weeks prior to your period?? i hope they are not growing bigger otherwise. also i had really bad lower back pain on friday to the point where i had to leave work. i use the computer all day and sitting upright wasnt helping my back pain at all. looking forward to some feedback and i hope all is well with everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2005, 09:40 AM
sooooo bloated...

Hi Slhicks,

Sounds like fibroid pressure. In reading your post, I had the same symptoms. I had pelvic pressure 24/7, my periods started to become heavier, I had bladder incontinence and I felt bloated. I noticed I had to wear clothing that was loose and stockings really became a no-no. Any pressure on my stomach bothered me.

I do not know when the "best" time is for fibroid growth. From what I understand, fibroids feed off estrogen and they basically leech off the blood supply in the uterus.

Best wishes. I can emphasize with your fibroid pain. You hang in there!! We Hyster Sisters are here to help if we can.

Mary
Unread 03-07-2005, 10:11 AM
sooooo bloated...

I wanted to say thank you for posting your concern. I thought that I was the only one who was bloated so much that everyone is starting to ask if I am pregant. My answers are usually no I am just fat. But I even questioned my gyn and my medical physicians was that normal for me to be gaining so much weight from the fibroids. Of course the answer was probably not. I do have a followup appt with my gyn tomorrow to discuss my options now as it seems the endometrial ablation helped with the bleeding but not with the pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-07-2005, 11:02 AM
sooooo bloated...

hey retta34, thanks for your post. i dont feel fat any place else except there. i look at my abdomen and, yes, one could think i was pregnant. if i didnt suck it in, wear tummy control pantyhose, or just let it hang out, i would probably be asked the same question. spring will be here soon and i m almost dreading it b/c of this. spring and summer are my favorite seasons, but this year it was winter and fall b/c i got to cover up my bulge. i have been exercising and dieting so i will see what happens. i almost passed out this morning when i saw the scale. makes me feel like my dieting efforts are useless. :cry: thanks again for your post. sad to say, it makes you feel better to hear others are experiencing the same thing.
Unread 03-07-2005, 02:21 PM
sooooo bloated...

Hi Schlicks
Historylady is right...it does sound like fibroid pressure that you're experiencing. On top of that, it could also be gas. Because the fibroids crowd things, the intestines can get pretty squished.
I can tell you from my own experience that I had so much bloating from gas and the fibroids that I was always being asked how far along my pregnancy was.

After my myomectomy three months ago, I really noticed a HUGE difference: no more bloating, no more gas, and no more distended belly. I also found that I lost about 3 lbs. I figure those pounds were probably the combined weight of the 8 fibroids which ranged in size from a marble to a couple of handballs.
My doctor told me later that he was amazed at how much space those things occupied.
I hope this helped a little.

I wish you the best!

And you too, Retta34! ! hope you feel better.
Unread 03-07-2005, 02:38 PM
same here!

Thanks for sharing that message slhicks. I am in exactly the same boat! I too looked at the mirror this weekend and saw what looked like major bloating. "Oh my gosh is that me!" And I have had increasingly constant back pain/pressure. And my waist, where did it go? And I'm certain that all these symptoms get worse right before I start. I'm wearing elastic waist pants
and they are getting harder to tug up past my middle. I just get so down when that happens. So I want to thank you for sharing.
I'm certain that it's not ALL about gaining midlife weight. I can't even hold my stomach in because there's no room to pull 'in' to.
I just want you to know that youare not alone!
Unread 03-08-2005, 07:09 AM
sooooo bloated...

hi ladies...thank u for your posts! i need to make a correction to my original post: i have 2 fibroids the size of a golf ball, not a tennis ball. they may have grown since october to the size of a tennis ball, who's to say!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register