Silly Question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Silly Question Silly Question

Unread 03-09-2005, 07:37 AM
Silly Question

Hi Ladies,

I'm scheduled for LAVH on 3/16. I've been posting on the pre-op board. But I have a question that I forgot to ask my Dr and don't really want to call because it's not a major issue. How long can I expect me surgery to take? I know everyone is different, but I was just wondering?

Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2005, 07:42 AM
Silly Question

mine took about 45 min. I didn't have any endo or any other surprises. Good Luck
Unread 03-09-2005, 07:58 AM
Silly Question

Mine was supposed to be 2 hours, but ended up being 4+ hours. Fortunately, I was "asleep" all this time (general anesthesia), so I didn't know the difference ! The answer, as usual, is "It depends." They don't know for sure until they get in there.

Barbara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2005, 08:16 AM
Silly Question

mine took 11/2 hours or so but was suppose to be a little over an hour. I had a spinal/sedation (epimorphine). Good luck!

Pookeybear

Vaginal Hyst with repairs done to bowel and bladder prolapses (kept ovaries)
Unread 03-09-2005, 08:19 AM
Silly Question

My surgery took about 3 hours. But like someone else said I was asleep and it felt like about 3 seconds! I believe your dr will tell you before your surgery. Good luck to you!
Unread 03-09-2005, 08:26 AM
Silly Question

I had a LAVH-BSO and it took 2 hours. I did have endo that had to be taken care of. I had surgery 1 week ago and can't believe how great I feel. I expected to have a lot of pain but that never happened. Best wishes for 3/16
Unread 03-09-2005, 08:29 AM
Silly Question

I don't know how long the actually surgery took - I went into the pre-op area around 1:30 p.m. and was in my room at 7:30 p.m. - but that included getting changed, getting the IVs done and getting put under, the surgery of course, and then waking up. I was held in the recovery room for a long time (I think - that morphone pump was great!!!!) because the nurses where changing shifts and they don't bring on new patients until the shift change was done. My parents were in my room for 2 hours waiting for me to come up - and they didn't go to the room until after the doctor told them everything was okay and I was in recovery.

It was a long wait for them, but I didn't care how long it took - I was very happy when I got to the room - again the morphine pump was great!!!!

Cat
Unread 03-09-2005, 08:42 AM
Silly Question

I went in at 1:30 p.m. and was told I should be in my room by 6:00. Low and behold when I came to in recovery it was 9:45 p.m. and I had just gotten out of surgery...they really don't know much of anything until they actually get in there and see. I had so many adhesions and organs stuck together that they had to have a urologist and a bowel doctor in during the operation. My poor DH was just waiting and wondering what was going on.

Good luck to you on your journey...once its done and revcovery begins, you'll feel like a new woman.
Unread 03-09-2005, 08:55 AM
Silly Question

My Dr. told my DH to expect at least 2 - 2.5 hrs for my LAVH, but ended up being over 5 hrs. because of severe adhesions and endo.

Unread 03-09-2005, 09:04 AM
Mine took

about 1-1/2 hrs. No complications.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register