My dilemma - HRT | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My dilemma - HRT My dilemma - HRT

Unread 03-09-2005, 10:42 AM
My dilemma - HRT

Here's my dilemma:

Estradiol patch vs. Estrace 1mg.

Have you had experience with both? I have been on the Climara (.05) patch since my surgery (Aug 30 05) and have had no side effects EXCEPT... I am allergic to the adhesive. (What a pretty site .... a scar from just below my belly button down and then a round circle on either side!) The rash is worse in front than on my back. And basically I find the patch to be kind of a pain. But otherwise, there are no side effects.

I told my doctor about the skin problem and she gave me a perscription for Estrace 1 mg. I saw the article with the side effects for both and am wondering if it is worth changing to the pill.

I would appreciate any advice. THANKS!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2005, 12:00 PM
My dilemma - HRT

I take estrace 1mg .... At first I took it every morning like the Dr said but I noticed that I was feeling sick all day, like a morning sickness feeling. Now I take it between 5 and 6pm and I have been fine. Other than having to change the time of day I take it I have had no problems with estrace.
Unread 03-09-2005, 04:44 PM
My dilemma - HRT

Hi,

I have used both. The vivelle patch first and I loved it, but the itching from the patch got old. I ended up taking Estrace. The delivery is different in that I had to go up to feel the same as before . I believe the pill form has to go through the liver first before it gets in the blood stream and the estrodial from the patch is released directly into the blood stream.

You might need to give it some time for your body adjust before you decide you need to change dosage. Always check with dr if you need to change dosage.

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-09-2005, 05:15 PM
My dilemma - HRT

I have used Estradiol in pill form since the day of my surgery. I have been taking 2mg, upped it to 3mg yesterday to see if it makes a difference in sleeping (as I am not sleeping AT ALL). I have had absolutely no side effects whatsoever. Good luck.

Paula
Unread 03-09-2005, 05:19 PM
My dilemma - HRT

I have never used a patch but have been on Estrace 2 mg. since my surgery almost 2 years ago. I am doing great on it. No menopausal symptoms at all! I take it at bedtime. I love it! I just hope I continue for many more years to come doing this well on it! Good Luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register