Got the greenlight but concerned! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Got the greenlight but concerned! Got the greenlight but concerned!

Unread 03-10-2005, 12:00 PM
Got the greenlight but concerned!

Just got back from 4 week checkup and Dr. gave me the greenlight to do just about anything! But I'm confused because my friend who had the same procedure(TVH with bladder repair)was told by her Dr. that she could never lift more than 15# the rest of her life!And my Dr. says just nothing extremely heavy.Who do you listen to??I don't want anything to fall down again!! I'm trying to stay away from HRT too,so far so good.I was post menopausel when I had this surgery and did it without HRT and want to keep it that way if I can.
Just curious how many are being told what I am or what my friend was!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2005, 07:01 PM
Got the greenlight but concerned!

Hi devilraysfan,

Generally speaking you should listen to your own dr. Your dr knows you and your physical condition. It seems drs differ greatly in what they think we should be able to do though. I have seen some on here who released patients to do anything at 2 weeks.
The way I look at it we all need to be our own advocates and be sensitive to what we feel we are able to do. My dr told me to start adding activities back into my life a little at a time at my 5 week checkup. He didn't give me any instructions on how much I could lift and I had pretty much the same operation as you both did. I have found for myself I have to be very careful what I lift or try to move. I have hurt myself several times. So I have learned to go slowly and carefully with each new activity.
It would be nice if there was a book that just said what we could do when, but we would need a book for each of us. Hope this helps.

's, Rita

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register