Changes? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-10-2005, 02:38 PM
Changes?

hey y'all!
i am 4 months post op & feel great! i am on the hormone patch & so far, so good. (moodswings but taking something for that too)
i have noticed that i am having some vision problems. have any of had your eyes change since surgery? sometimes mine get blurry & one even feels like it gets "stuck" in my head. i know that sounds weird. just wondering...my eye appt is in april & didn't know if i should try to be seen before.
thanks everyone
mel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2005, 07:42 PM
Changes?

Hi Mel,

I haven't really experienced this,but there have been several discussions from women who have. I'm really not sure about that feeling that one eye feels stuck. Are your eyes dry?
Here are links to a couple of the discussions on this. I hope it helps.

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...light=eyesight

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...ghlight=eyesig

's, Rita
Unread 03-10-2005, 08:33 PM
Changes?

Hi Mel,

I’ve had vision changes too. My first week I had a bizarre problem with 1 pupil that dilated for no apparent reason. Then, I was back at the eye Dr. again as soon as I was able to drive because my eyes watered so badly and my vision seemed to be worse. He felt the sudden menopause had a lot to do with the deterioration of my vision and my dry eyes. (I say *dry* but they watered all the time to try to compensate for the dryness.) Although I needed stronger glasses, he advised that I might want to wait a little to see how things adjusted with my HRT and with using rewetting drops for my dry eyes. I’m now 6mo. Post-op and haven’t had any improvement yet, so I’m ready for the new Rx.

You can see from the great discussion links that ((Rita)) provided that many women do have vision changes that might be related to hormones &/or sudden menopause. I hope that’s all yours is, but if you have that *something is wrong* feeling, then you should get to your eye doctor. Our vision is so precious and it’s better to err on the side of caution. Let us know what you find out, ok?

s
Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2005, 09:19 PM
Vision changes

I'm almost three months post-op and I notice some changes in my vision too. I had just attributed the changes to age (almost 47), but I'll read the posts that "precious peral" posted to see what's happening to me!

I'm having trouble reading small print. I've been nearsighted all my life, so this is a new one for me.

Other than that, everything is fine!
Unread 03-10-2005, 09:26 PM
Changes?

I've never worn glasses (so far) but at 42 years old I'm about due... And in the week of tv watching since my castle visit I've noticed the onscreen guide seems a bit blurry, and it didn't before. I wasn't sure if it was related to anything, or just dry eyes, or what. Nice to know I'm not alone!
Unread 03-11-2005, 06:24 AM
Changes?

Thank you all for the info. Now i don't feel so "weird". i never thought it could be just temporary. that makes me feel sooo much better. i will keep y'all posted
have a great day ladies!
mel
Unread 03-16-2005, 04:44 PM
Changes?

Hi!

This board comes through again! I was about to post my own weird question and then found that I'm not alone.

I have noticed this week that I have needed my reading glasses to read almost anything (computer, newspaper, etc) since my surgery. While this process has been ongoing for a while, it's accelerated rapidly since the surgery.

I was wondering if it was due to the surgery or just to the fact that I hadn't done any close reading in a week and maybe my eyes were just reacting to the longer focal . Hadn't given any thought to the Vivelle dot I have started wearing.....all possiblilities.

In any case, glad to know that this is another one of those "normal" things.

Nancy-Anne
Unread 03-16-2005, 05:41 PM
Changes?

I mentioned above that I didn't fill the new vision Rx in September because it was so close to my surgery/& new HRT. I went back to the eye Dr. yesterday & in 6 months my Rx has changed by 3 more powers! Ugh! I keep joking I've aged a decade this year, and my eyes are no exception. I guess I'm glad I didn't get different glasses in September, these bifocals are expensive. Oh well, things could always be worse so just have to count my blessings. (Just wanted to update you that my change wasn't temporary afterall. )

Best wishes & s to you guys,
Beth

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register