Wow! Am I moody! What GIVES?! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Wow! Am I moody! What GIVES?! Wow! Am I moody! What GIVES?!

Unread 03-11-2005, 12:29 PM
This is all helpful

Hey there,
This is all very helpful and I appreciate the replies. I am going to go buy some so products today. I have an ovary left so, maybe I can help it along a little. I think I will call my doctor on Monday and see what else can be done. I had one h*ll of a crying fit last night and woke up with a terrible headache from it. So... we'll see.

- KLZ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Wow! Am I moody! What GIVES?!

Hi, KLZ, if you'd like to PM me I can get you the web address of the soy products I am using. They are medical grade quality, and this company is involved in much research and clinical trials for using soy for many purposes.
Unread 03-11-2005, 02:51 PM

I experienced all the symptoms described... and still for the most part. I met with my doctor and we tried Climara, but then I got the worst breast tenderness ever in my life, so we figured that I had too much estrogen. I was and still am moody and easily frustrated. My doctor recommended that I try Wellbutrin XL, because she felt I was exhibiting depression. I begged her to make sure this was not going to make me gain weight... years ago I went on Zoloft and gained 30 pounds, which is not good when you are depressed. I am starting back to my pre-surgery exercise routine, but gradually. Today I chose to ride my bike to work instead of walking (about 2 miles). I still get hot flashes and deal with them when they happen. I have to keep reminding myself it is a long recovery process... because patience is not one of my stronger values.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2005, 02:58 PM

Oh God how well I know how you feel! I am only a little over 2 weeks post-op and I have some of the same symptoms you have, but no hot flashes yet. I don't have my ovaries anymore and from the great help I've received on here, I've learned that the crying jags and feeling down at times is perfectly normal. Hang in there, babe - better days are definitely ahead for us!

s
Marianne
Unread 03-11-2005, 10:09 PM

One thing is certain: It does get better with time. My hot flashes were being somewhat controlled by Effexor and soy vitamins, but they are creeping back again.
On the bright side, thank goodness I am not married because I am not sure what man in Iowa would want to sleep with me when it is 20 below out and I have a fan AND a ceiling fan blowing on me!!

6 weeks post-op. Return to work next week. Wish me luck!

Does anyone at 6 weeks post-op still get really sore in their abdomen when they try and do a "normal" day??
Unread 03-12-2005, 01:01 AM

I too am experiencing hightened emotions. I cry over the least little thing. Believe me, I'm not a cryer so this is quite a change for me. MD never told me this might happen. I kept both ovaries and I discussed their health but he never mentioned that I might have some difficulties. I've got an appt. with reg. MD to see what's going on but can't get in for a month. I've also experienced the coldness/hotness at times. I just wish that my surgeon had spent a bit of time discussing this hormone thing. He didn't say a word to me. My reg. MD told me that depression is very common after surgery. I haven't experienced that but find myself being very empathetic and crying at the drop of a hat if something touches me emotionally. I'm crying less because I am recognizing what might trigger the teary flood and avoiding situations that could cause me to tear up. It's been one fun recovery. As I said, I was clueless about this and would have appreciated knowing what might occur.

Songtch
SAH/12-23-04/kept cervix and ovaries/age45
Unread 03-12-2005, 03:07 AM

I'm only 4 days post-op, but am having a LOT of problems with surgical menopause... The hot flashes leave me SOAKED in sweat, and the crying comes on so suddenly it scares me. I just burst into tears and the floodgates swing open, and I can't stop it!! Dr. says "no HRT" if I can stand it, because of the excessive endo, and honestly, I DON't want to give that ANY chance to grow back. She warned me of the hot flashes, but not the crying jags. I sob so hard that it hurts my belly, which in turn causes me to cry even more! My family (especially DH) has been helpful and supportive, but I don't know how long this may go on... It's only been 4 days... Please tell me it gets better...
Unread 03-12-2005, 06:00 PM

Songtch. Isn't it something that our Dr.s didn't see fit to tell us about this emotional thing? I was so shocked about it because I am always in control and NEVER cry. I completely agree that it would have been a good idea to tell us this stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had surgery in a beautiful women's hospital I am going to write them and suggest having a counselor talk to every hystorectomy patient so they will have a clue when this stuff starts happening to them!
Unread 03-12-2005, 07:48 PM

I'm 3.5 weeks post op and am feeling the same - depressed, moody, irritable, and very emotional. I made myself put on jeans today instead of sweats to try to feel normal again. It's not at all comfortable but I feel more like me. I feel like I'm going crazy! I never used to cry or atleast not easily over nothing. Part of the problem is I look normal except for swollen belly - people don't understand why I say I don't feel great when they ask. Also the help is gone - I finally cleaned my bathrooms today because it hasn't been done since I did it the weekend prior to surgery (4 weeks ago). I know this is a no-no but GROSS! I'm exahusted and I'm sure I'll pay for it tomorrow. Anyway - just wanted to vent. This site has kept me sane! Thank you!
Unread 03-13-2005, 11:44 AM
Phytoestrogen Cream

I decided to experiment and use a phytoestogen cream. It's a plant base with Dong Quai and Black Cohesh. Now whether it is all in my head or it was real, I actually feel better. It's called Emerita Phytoestrogen Body Cream. You can get it at your local health food store in the herbal section where they have all the menopause stuff. Also, I know that hystersisters store sells a progesterone cream that is very similar. I just didn't want to wait for the delivery.

Well, it's helped me so far. Maybe someone else can see if it works for them.

Thanks for everyone's input. I hope this is helping all of us.

KLZ:dance2:

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register