Fake nails, etc | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fake nails, etc Fake nails, etc

Unread 03-10-2005, 07:47 PM
Fake nails, etc

I know this is so stupid, but I am fake nails, and I DID want to have a pedicure before I went to my "Castle" My feet are so fugly!!! They say NO nail polish.........I Taint takin this off, I can't take my nails off ......what do I do Sisters??

No One answered that horrible question of ...........I have ::blushin:: hemorrhoids......frm my children
should I ask Dr. to remove them also?? they been there sum 17 yrs AND they are a pain in the &^#..

Thank You again for such a GREAT site, unbelievable!! Im done the "Hyster Sister" book now and I recommend it to every body!

I love the line " Panthose two sizes too small" LMAOO

Bless YOU! xo May Wee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2005, 08:14 PM
Fake nails, etc

Dear MayWee- I too am a high maint person!! In fact,no lie-I have called into work before because my nails weren"t done.That is SAD,right??My supervisors had a ball with it and will never let me live it down..anyway,I had "trigger finger" surgery last year and fretted also prior to the pre-op meeting and was so relieved when the admin told me that artificial nails were so common any more that if I had a light base or french tips that it would not be a issue.every hosp policy is different so you have to check it out.And YEEEEEESSSSSSSS I went in the day before surgery and had a airbrushed french manicure and pedicure.That way I did not need a fill/retouch for 2 weeks!!I may have been in a cast for a couple weeks ,but my nails looked GOOOOOOOOD!!!!I plan on doing the same for this surgery also...
Unread 03-10-2005, 08:20 PM
Fake nails, etc

thats what I was thinkin,,,,,,,,,,,two weeks and MY nails still looked good, plus we can't get out too soon lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-10-2005, 08:20 PM
Fake nails, etc

oops MayWee- Im Not supposed to double post but I forgot about the hemmoroide part of your post!! ;( Sorry,cant help you on that one.Sorry you have so much to deal with at one time.How bout it out there?? Any one know anything??
Unread 03-10-2005, 08:22 PM
Fake nails, etc

I speak from some experience as I care for patients under anaesthesia.

If your nail polish is clear and it is only French Tips then you will be able to keep it. But if there is colour/design then you will have to remove it. This is because the device which measures oxygen in your blood does it through a clear fingernail. I promise it is truly for your safety - believe me, you want this machine to be able to work.

Also, I personally would speak to your gyn about the haemorrhoids, but my own feeling is not to do it at the same time. The haemorrhoids will have to be done my another surgeon (not the gyn) and it may actually be harder to recover from the two at once. But you may find your gyn is happy to organise this for you.

Perhaps other women have had haemorrhoids done at the same time?

Good luck with your op.
Unread 03-10-2005, 08:25 PM
Fake nails, etc

what does double post mean, writin twice, oh chit I'm doin that! sorry
Unread 03-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Fake nails, etc

Dang!!! I wish I had known that. I had just had my nails done for the first time ever for my sons wedding just 2 weeks before surgery. I was not ready to take them off, but thought I had to. I was really disappointed because it made me feel so good about myself The up side is that my teaching partner knew how great it made me feel and gave me gift certificate to have a whole new set put on. Isn't she wonderful?

Wish I had known!
Unread 03-10-2005, 08:33 PM
Fake nails, etc

TY Nell.............I think I knew that, for that reason

I will get the clear so many things, so many every things
been cleanin out closets, drawers writin notes oh Lordie
Unread 03-10-2005, 10:59 PM
Fake nails, etc

My Dr. said I could have my acrylic nails on and I did not need to change the color of them. I had a fill and pedicure 2 days before surgery and timed it to have another one 2 1/2 weeks after. Didnt miss it fortunately.

I also was able to wear make up, as well. All of this sounds quite silly, but I never leave the house without makeup and the anest said he had no problem with me wearing it. I had an epidural and it wasnt an issue for him.
Unread 03-11-2005, 12:34 AM
Fake nails, etc

I'm with you on the nails! I've had mine so long they are a part of me. I'm having a new set put on Saturday but am getting pink and white that way I can go almost 3 1/2 weeks between fills. Having my toes done too! I never even thought about make-up. I'll have to ask at my pre-op on monday. Just asssumed I could.

Tracy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register