getting scared surgery tomorrow | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

getting scared surgery tomorrow getting scared surgery tomorrow

Unread 03-13-2005, 07:03 AM
getting scared surgery tomorrow

Well I thought this day would never get here and now that it is here I am wondering if I am doing the right thing. It's kind of like having a baby, while you are in labor the pain is so terrible that you swear that you will never do this again, and as soon as the baby is born and it is all over you forget the pain. Well I'm kind of the same way with my periods, when they are here the bleeding and pain are so bad I have to miss a couple days of work and here lately I end up in the emergency room. Then when it is over and I feel better I think that maybe it is not so bad after all. I know that I am doing the right thing everyone keeps telling me how much better things are after it is all over. I am having a TAH/BSO, fibroids, thicking of the uterine wall, 18 wk cervix and endo. D day is tomorrow and I am really scared. I have bought everthing that anyone has suggested, pillow, sleep mask, grabber, and I make quilts I am thinking about taking one of those to the hospital with me. I love quilts. Does it seem that I am rambling. I wish all the other sisters that are scheduled next week, THE BEST OF LUCK TOO. I can't tell you how much I love the support system here. No one should feel alone with the love at hystersisters:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2005, 07:20 AM

Hi,
Just letting you know you will be thought about on your crowning day. Keep us posted on how you are doing when you get home.

HUGS YOUR WAY,
Diana
Unread 03-13-2005, 07:20 AM

You sound pretty normal to me. A good many of us second guess our decisions when we are facing this surgery. I was kind of numb the day before my hyst , I was soooo nervous. But, the morning of my surgery - I was surprisingly calm. I'll pray that you can relax a bit and be calm also.

Taking one of your quilts sounds nice to me. I took my favorite bed pillow. I just hate skimpy hospital pillows. It helped me a lot to have my own there.

Best wishes, do something nice for yourself today- something that you really enjoy. Maybe that will help pass the last day easier for you

s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2005, 08:19 AM
It will be oveer in no time.

I'm just back from the castle yesterday--a very short visit,25 hrs. Once you are there, they speed you through,and before you know it,you're going home minus your demon parts. The day before is the worst. I had to wait until 4:30 PM for my surgery because I got bumped, but it turned out well because I had wonderful night nurses who let me sleep and were there when I needed them. Pain was minimal. Hang in there. You are in the final stretch.
T.
Unread 03-13-2005, 08:30 AM

25hours! blimey! What procedure did you have?

BlueAngel... I find i ramble too - i shall talk non stop to the medics once i get to hospital on saturday, i always do when I'm nervous, bet they'll be glad to put me under anaesthetic! The quilt sounds a lovely idea, a little bit of home from home... I think i'm going to have a wander around to see what i can take to hug too.

Take care

Chicky
Unread 03-13-2005, 08:57 AM
Good luck to you,it's not so bad.

Hi,
Had mine done last week, everyone was so nice,I like you was a wreck,everyone said don't worry it's not going to be that bad, but being human it's normal to worry, let's face it's not something we do everyday, you will be fine and when you wake up you feel so releived that it is all behind you, when I woke up, I thought boy I feel pretty good, where's the chanderleirs to swing from LOL.
I was a little sick from the anesthetic, but they soon gave me some med to releive those symptoms.
The most wonderful thing of all was that my bladder wasn't hanging down to my knees, my retum was back in place, it was such a positive experience. I will be thinking of you and I will prey for you, take deep breaths and it will be over in no time, you are in the best of hands. God bless.
Maree.
Unread 03-13-2005, 02:48 PM

Good luck with your surgery. you will be in everyones thoughts and prayers. It is normal to be nervous, its the way our bodies react to this kind of thing. Then once the problem is resolved, our bodies relax.

I hope to find out this week when I can have my surgery, but I know that I was a little nervous when it was set the first time, probably will be the second time around too,,,,,,,,,,but I will be okay.

You will be okay,,,,,,,,,,God bless you and think positive.
Unread 03-13-2005, 03:44 PM

I felt the same way right before my surgery. "Oh, my periods aren't so bad, I can put up with them"..... but they were that bad and I can't say I miss them at all.
I had my TAH on 1/5/05 and I'm feeling great. I haven't had 2 periods already and I can't even explain the amount of relief I feel. I was so worried about recovery and it really wasn't that bad. After 4 weeks I was feeling pretty good and by 6 weeks I went back to work full-time. I can't even express how happy I am to have finally had the surgery.
Surgery is scary, but it will be over with tomorrow and then you'll be recovery and starting the next phase of your life.
GOOD LUCK!
Unread 03-13-2005, 05:02 PM
25 hours

I had a LAVH/BSO. General anesthesia. PCA using Dilaudin was great. Peppermints worked great. Some nausea. But overall, piece of cake. I drank a lot of water to get out early.

T.
Unread 03-13-2005, 05:51 PM

Hi Blue

Good luck and i will say a little prayer for you, mine is in 2 weeks
and with the support from the sisters here you will be just fine, like they said the waiting is the worst, just know down the road it will be something that will be just a memory and no more pain.
take care
Carmen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register