Dumbest commercials on TV | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dumbest commercials on TV Dumbest commercials on TV

Unread 03-13-2005, 09:24 AM
Dumbest commercials on TV

Hello Ladies,
DS and i were watching tv last night, and he is getting to the point where he questions 'why' commercials are on, actually he questions everything...Anyways they had a Dairy Queen commercial on for this moolatta. It is a coffee shake. They had a lady hooked up to electrical wires on her head and body and when she grabbed the cup she got zapped. So she tried again, and again, and finally just grabbed it, started spazin out so the guys went and grabbed her to stop her, while she threw milkshake all over....At the end she burps.

My poor son thought that was probly the stupidest thing he ever saw....I have to agree with him on that one.

What is the dumbest commercial you have seen or that is on now?

Hugs
Kat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2005, 10:27 AM

I have one that is both dumb and disgusting! Almost any commercial for Carl's Jr. hamburgers. I honestly have never tried one and I probably never will because of the commercials. They usually have some guy eating one, making a mess, stuff dripping down his hand, and, worst of all (to me) they make the sounds of chewing and smacking and slurping so loud....yuucckkk! I can't stand it! Even my DD gives a look of disgust when she sees them, like she is thinking "boys are so gross".
Unread 03-13-2005, 11:07 AM

I can not stand the Tampax commercials!!! The one where the girl and the guy are sitting in the boat and the boat springs a leak so the girl whips out her tampon and plugs up the hole. they show the commerical all hours of the day. I was watching t.v. with my grandpa who had no idea what tampons were and he asked what the heck is tampax? Really uncomfortably I told him and we were both embarrassed. I just didn't want him going to store for his next fishing trip and ask for "those Tampax boat plugs". LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-13-2005, 01:15 PM

Another set of commercials that really tick me are those Herbal Essence ones...Ahhhh, ohhhhh, ooooohhhhhh. Puhleeeze, no shampoo ever gave me that kind of response, and if it did I am sure DH would throw it out!! They just make me gag. And BTW, I dont and wont use that stuff.

Hugs
Kat
Unread 03-13-2005, 02:01 PM

The new Burger King commercial for the chicken bacon ranch sandwich DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! I think it's the guy from Hootie and the Blowfish singing and he's dressed in western style, STUPID clothes and there's girls dancing and then at the end this girl says in a FAKE southern accent..."Come an' get it".

It so dumb...I cringe every time it comes on!
Unread 03-13-2005, 02:11 PM
Dumb commercials

SnoSpud -

I'm with you. That commercial was one of the first things I remember watching while I was visiting the castle. I hated it then (even with the morphine) and I dislike it even more now!!

Denise
TAH, 2/15/05, large fibroid, cysts, adenomyosis
Unread 03-13-2005, 03:09 PM

OMG! I had forgotten about that one! (Gee...thanks for reminding me.) When my DD saw that one (she is only 12) she turned to me and said "Geez, what are they selling, 'cause it isn't a hamburger!". I think she is right and so are all of you. It is extremely annoying!!
Unread 03-13-2005, 06:56 PM

I can't stand the new Jenny Craig commercials with Kirstie Alley!!!

I have to change the channel.....
Unread 03-14-2005, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by tanner413
I can not stand the Tampax commercials!!! The one where the girl and the guy are sitting in the boat and the boat springs a leak so the girl whips out her tampon and plugs up the hole. they show the commerical all hours of the day. I was watching t.v. with my grandpa who had no idea what tampons were and he asked what the heck is tampax? Really uncomfortably I told him and we were both embarrassed. I just didn't want him going to store for his next fishing trip and ask for "those Tampax boat plugs". LOL

You know, a few months back there was a long, pardon the pun, string about this commercial, but most of the gals loved it!

They import tampax here, but we don't have that commercial.
Unread 03-14-2005, 09:32 AM

I hate the Visa check card commercial where the lady starts yelling "help, somebdoy helpt me" after she's been robbed then all the super heros swoop down. The sounds of this commercial just annoy me and I always mute the tv when this thing comes on.

Judging from the new clealiness report, Burger King needs to spend more time on improvement of sanitary conditions and worry less about selling t & a.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register