Dumbest commercials on TV - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dumbest commercials on TV Dumbest commercials on TV

Unread 03-14-2005, 12:55 PM
Dumbest commercials on TV

Any of those erectile dysfunction drug commercials where they mention the "rare" possiblity of an erection lasting more than four hours, and if it does, the owner of the erection should seek immediate medical help.

Oh yeah, I'm sold on that product.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2005, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Martinis4Me
Any of those erectile dysfunction drug commercials where they mention the "rare" possiblity of an erection lasting more than four hours, and if it does, the owner of the erection should seek immediate medical help.

Oh yeah, I'm sold on that product.

My goodness do they really advertise stuff like that on television? At any hour, or only late at night?

Here there are lots of radio ads for that kind of thing (+ clinics) but I don't think I ever saw such an ad on TV.

Those ads for tampons with gals wearing white drive me crazy.

Russian Roulette, anyone?
Unread 03-15-2005, 06:33 AM

I can't think of any commercials I hate, but there's one I LOVE!

It's the one where you see this man in the minivan with the kids...and he's running errands - to the dry cleaners, to the gas station, to the grocery store, to dance lessons for the kid, etc...and the kids in the back seat are getting more and more antsy by the minute...until the man is totally exhausted. THen he pulls up into the driveway of his house, and his wife comes out of the front door. And he says to her: "OK... NOW I know what you do all day!"

I don't even know what it's advertising. I just love it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2005, 12:26 PM

Here's a stupid one I just saw on the Spike channel (the channel for men, of course!)

There's a nice-dressed guy at a urinal in a public bathroom, and a scruffy looking guy comes in, sidles up to him at the next urinal and proceeds to have a pi** contest! This is a commercial for gauges! It's disgusting, it's stupid, and why the heck would I ever buy a gauge anyway! What IS this world coming to?

I also hate the TBS commercials where a person calls in to ask if a situation is funny. I think it's very demeaning to the general public, as if we don't have enough sense to know when something is funny and we have to call and ask someone else! Sheesh!
Unread 03-15-2005, 12:31 PM

Ok Shashi, I just know Im gonna regret askin, but what kind of guage are they selling?? Or do I really wanna know??

Ford has a new winner out also. They made a new sparkplug, and they just had to create a motor to go with it. My kid just laughs every time, meanwhile Im thinking, yeah thats just dumb....Mind you, I guess the name Ford says it all.....

Hugs
Kat
Unread 03-15-2005, 01:36 PM

Hello

I also hate the erectile dysfunction commercials. How in the heck would a man have a four hour erection? Poor guy!!
I used to get embarrassed when the tampax commercials came on. I guess because I used to have to use at least 2 boxes of 40 every period, not to mention all of the pads.My family was so used to seeing them sitting in the bathroom all of the time, not to mention the emergency trips to the store. How those women felt so wonderful and could be jumping around while using a tampon is above me. Now I just laugh to myself when they come on and think to myself how glad I am not to be bothered with those anymore.

Peggy
Unread 03-15-2005, 02:03 PM

Kat, I'm not sure what kind of gauge it was, it just looked like the kind you'd attach to an airpump or a gas storage tank or something. It was saying how, if you needed a way to measure something, you could do it with their gauges. Stupidest thing I've seen in a long, long time!
Unread 03-15-2005, 02:19 PM

I don't know about you all, but if I have to hear that dork ask "CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?" one more time, I'm gonna throw my cell phone at the TV. I can't believe their advertising hasn't changed in so long.

I also can't stand watching Jerod (the guy who lost all that weight eating Subway's). If you read the small print during those commercials you'll realize that you can't add any of the good stuff to your sandwich if you want to lose weight like Jerod did. Hello? What's the point in eating a sub without a ton of mayo slopped on the bread???
Unread 03-15-2005, 05:05 PM

I hate the Geico commercial with the caveman. That is sooooo NOT funny!
Unread 03-16-2005, 09:04 AM

I hate the Ditech commercials for mortgages. But that's probably because as a banker I know they're engaged in serious bait-and-switch tactics. (They advertise a great rate but when you apply, of course you don't qualify for that one. You qualify for something much higher.)

I hate most of the prescription drug ads. They list side effects which are much worse than whatever they are supposed to be curing (serious heart problems, liver disease.....yep -- sign me up for this one!).

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register