Bowel adhesions removed at time of TAH - recovery time? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bowel adhesions removed at time of TAH - recovery time? Bowel adhesions removed at time of TAH - recovery time?

Unread 03-13-2005, 10:35 AM
Feeling bad....

You know, reading all of these posts from others with such hormone problems makes me feel bad I don't feel any worse than I do, which is most of the reason I haven't posted or visited the boards lately. It wasn't till I got my 3 month checkup email that I thought about it!

I had my surgery on Dec. 13, 2004 and I, for the most part, feel better than I did before my surgery. Just now am I noticing a few symptoms of menopause. I kept my ovaries and tubes and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it or not. I don't see too many posts from women that have kept their ovaries.

My sex life actually improved, I have no dryness to speak of (actually the opposite!), I'm sleeping well at night (I'm sick right now so NOW I'm not, but I was before I got sick....but it did take me going back to work to sleep well!), my hair has gotten a little drier (which is something that I've just noticed), and I think it's thinned a little more than usual, my mood swings seem to come about the time that I should be having my period so I don't think much of them. I'd ask if this is all normal, but everyone is so different that it very well could be normal.

I haven't started exercising yet though...at least, not really exercising. My lower abs feel like they are really, really straining when I do reverse crunches and that worries me, but I'm thinking that I should be able to start to do something here soon (got a free 30 day membership to a gym this last week so I'm going to put it to good use!). I have gained some weight, but it seem to have more to do with water gain than actual weight gain. I've also noticed that my breasts aren't as full as they used to be. It seems like any weight I have lost, has been in my breasts, they seem to sag in places that I don't remember! LOL

The one thing that does bother me is that I'm still having bowel problems. I know I had bowel adhesions that were removed, so I chalk it up to that, but this is getting a little much. Having gas has a tendency to hurt and just recently, even when I relax to pee it feels the same way. How long will it take bowels to heal from having adhesions removed? I guess you could say that was my only real complaint. Of course, I feel bad even mentioning it when so many others have it so much worse than I do.

Thoughts and prayers to those who have it worse than I do!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-20-2005, 11:33 AM
Bowel adhesions removed at time of TAH - recovery time?

Hi Cerisse!

I'm sorry that you aren't feeling as well as you would like. I've moved your post from the Hormone Jungle here to the Post-Op forum so you can get some input about your TAH and adhesion recovery from other recent post-op Sisters as that seems to be your main concern.

As to the ovaries and hormone issues, are you keeping a journal of symptoms you are having? Sometimes the ovaries take a while to get back to capacity. Some doctors will prescribe a low dose of estrogen to help even things out if needed, so don't hesitate to contact your doctor for help.

I hope you feel better soon!

s

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register