help me im falling through the cracks | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

help me im falling through the cracks help me im falling through the cracks

Unread 03-14-2005, 11:07 AM
help me im falling through the cracks

total hyst 1 yr ago feb 10, went back to work in sept. dec. started having pain, n felt like things were going to fall out between my legs.

ruled out , its not bladder infection
pain has ben increasingly worse

stopped working jan. 19
ultra sound mentioned sernoma
cat scan didnt find one, but did mention this

"multiple segmental areas of colonic wall-thickening are seen which are of unclear etiology. a small periumbilical hernia is seen with omental fat in the hernial sac."

please anyone who has any idea,help!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2005, 02:44 PM

(((Cindy)))

I don't really have any advice/answers for you, but wanted to send some in your direction. I have had on-going problems from my hyst and know how frustrating this can be. Keep us posted on what you find out!
Unread 03-14-2005, 03:17 PM
also

also, i forgot to mention the student doc doesnt think its gyn related, i know all to well it sure haunts feelings of the past i think shes wrong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2005, 05:48 PM
HI

Hi Cindy,
when you say everything was taken out, you mean a TAH/BSO?? Was your surgery for endo?? Are you taking any HRT? I know I am a year and a half out from my surgery, and I had a TAH/BSO and am not taking any HRT and not a day goes by that I don't have some sort of pain!!! I have been to a total of 7 doctors since all this happened, and I just get pushed of to the next like some piece of garbage. It is unbelievable the way we get treated. I would have never in a million years thought I would end up like this physically, and have such a deep distrust for doctors, but that is where I'm at now. Maybe if you give some more info, some of the sisters can offer you some insight. I believe my problems are adhesion related, and since I won't have more surgery, there is no way to be sure. My CT scan shows nothing, and I doubt it ever really was endo, so that seems to be the opinion. Not that it helps me feel better, but at least it's an answer for now. Good Luck to you in your quest for answers, I know how tough this is.
Unread 03-14-2005, 09:58 PM

since all this happened, and I just get pushed of to the next like some piece of garbage. It is unbelievable the way we get treated.
I would have never in a million years thought I would end up like this physically

yep thats it, i think that says it, and yes i am taking prempro hrt, w/o constant crying depression, and killer migranes

even w/ percocet the pain is becoming unbearable ?that isnt right is it

i taught dancing up until about 7 yrs ago,i know my body n theres something wrong

(i ouit teaching after my divorce, worked still very active at 7/11untl diag . w/ fibroids,endo,ovarian cysts...went back to work 9/04 and now this this is no life
Unread 03-15-2005, 12:27 AM

You may be having problems with that hernia. What it means is that there's a weakness in the abdominal wall, and part of the fat layer that lines the intestines (the omentum) is poking through. That can be pretty painful!

Bowel thickening can be due to any number of factors, including IBS. They may need to do a colonoscopy to be sure nothing is going on there. A seroma is a cyst, which can be left over from surgery, or possibly a cyst arising from an ovarian "scrap" or remnant (rare, but it happens). It could also have ruptured, but that's less likely.

That hernia should be fixed. You could do some damage if it gets any bigger -- and it could be a huge source of your pain! My DD had a very similar scenario three years after major intestinal surgery (at birth). She was complaining of pain, and that's what it was. It was a 45-minute surgery, or less, and the pain was gone.

You might want to ask about bladder prolapse. What you describe could well be, and if they examine you while you're lying on your back, then they may not find it.

I sure hope you get a plan of action, at least for that hernia!

Audrey
Unread 03-15-2005, 01:36 AM

thanx so much for the input, now who,which kind of doc should be fixing this
???
Unread 03-16-2005, 03:46 PM

Cindy:

Just wanted to offer you a hug and bump this back up to the top where someone will see your question. I am thinking you would want a good surgeon that has a lot of experience with hernia repair. That's the kind of doc that fixed my mom's hernia.

Unread 03-23-2005, 04:05 AM
AND SO....

ST.PATRICKSB DAY ....EMERGENCY ROOM OFCORCE

FOOT RED , PURPLE ,FIREY, THOUGHT MIGHT BE A SPIDER BITE

DOC SAID CELLULITIS, BUT DURING EXAM IN ER, RECTAL EXAM, FELT POLYP OR ?

HOW DID MY GYN MISS IT?, WHY DIDNT IT SHOW ON CT SCAN? GOT APPT W/ GI CLINIC MONDAY THE 29
Unread 03-23-2005, 05:26 AM

Hang in there Cindy. I don't really know what to tell you except "You are your best doctor, because you know your body the best." Inform yourself, research your symptoms, and make them give you answers. I hope that the GI finds out what is going on.

Take care,
Shannon

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register