help me im falling through the cracks - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

help me im falling through the cracks help me im falling through the cracks

Unread 03-23-2005, 06:36 AM
Pain Hang in Their

organge Cinday, Hangmin their and go to a good Dr. that will listen to you. I had to go to Three GYN before one listen and found out my problem. I will pray for you hope you find a great dr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2005, 08:52 AM
help me im falling through the cracks

(((Cindy))): What the ER doctor could have felt was a large, "stemmed" hemorrhoid, too; they can be internal and very large! It would not show up on C-T, probably better with sigmoidoscopy or colonoscopy (which, with the observation of "bowel thickening," should be done anyway, for biopsy purposes).

Just out of curiosity, but why did they do the exam if you went in with cellulitis? Spider bites can cause a nasty cellulitis; I hope they sent you home with a good, long dose of antibiotics! Had your other symptoms worsened? Most ER doctors try to stay away from GYN and colo-rectal stuff if they can .

You keep that foot up and keep taking your antibiotics. Hope you get some answers next week!

Audrey
Unread 03-23-2005, 11:05 AM

thanks for all your support sometimes i think its the only thing that has kept me going. n yes they sent me home w/ bactrim antibiotics....i told the ER DOC i had been waiting 3 weeks for a referral to a gi doc n that my gyn office was lagggin , AND THAT I WAS SCARED
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-29-2005, 11:20 PM
update

ok saw gyn doc last friday, to make ie short "since all my female organs are gone ,she doesnt think its gyn related" washed her hands of me and sent me on my way......ssooooo frustrated....but just left gi doc today w/ better news got a colonostomy schedulled for 4/19, areferral for general surgery. two gi s checked me out n they think it might be a lingual hernia they also gave me a referral for an internal med to manage pain. ive never met my appointed primary doc so im hoping this will turn out for the best. still no pain med yet ouch but a little light at the end of the long tunnel
Unread 04-09-2005, 05:18 AM

OK, THANKS TO THE GI CLINIC DR., I DO SEE A GERNERAL SURGEON NEXT WED. FOR POSSABLE HERNIAS, MY COLONOSCOPY HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED FOR MAY 3, BUT IVE FINALLY PAIN MEDS,PAIN MANAGMENT HAS STEPPED BACK IN TO HANDLE IT TILL I SEE MY NEW PRIMARY CARE DR. MAY 11. THANK GOD AND THANKS FOR THIS WEDSITE.

NOW, THIS MAY SEEM STRANGE BUT, DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR TO ANYONE ? MY ANKLES ARE REAL SWOLLEN N STIFF, AND I HAVE BLISTERSON BOTH FEET AND MY HAND. ONCE AROUND THE BLOCK, 5 MIN. W THE BROOM IN MY HAND....BLISTERS THE SIZE OF A PEA, AND THEY ALREADY POPPED. .....COULD IT BE RELATED TO THE CELLULITUS I HAD 2 WEEKS AGO???? DOES ANYONE HAVE ANYTHOUGHTS HELP?
Unread 04-09-2005, 10:07 PM

Quote:
MY ANKLES ARE REAL SWOLLEN N STIFF, AND I HAVE BLISTERSON BOTH FEET AND MY HAND. ONCE AROUND THE BLOCK, 5 MIN. W THE BROOM IN MY HAND....BLISTERS THE SIZE OF A PEA, AND THEY ALREADY POPPED. .....COULD IT BE RELATED TO THE CELLULITUS I HAD 2 WEEKS AGO????
Yes, it very well could be. Staph infections can be stubborn to get rid of, and just one course of antibiotics may not be enough. Also, you may have problems with the circulation in your legs from either lymphedema (sometimes happens after surgeries) or due to other vein problems.

Either way, it requires immediate attention -- again. A trip to the emergency room is in order once more, since this sort of infection is NOTHING to mess with! Especially if it's one of the antibiotic-resistant strains of staph, you MUST get attention for it, OK? It may take a different antibiotic, more of it, or a different method (i.e. IV antibiotics rather than oral). The blisters are NOT a good sign -- but are quite characteristic of a staph infection.

Let us know what happens, OK?

Audrey
Unread 04-09-2005, 10:33 PM

THANK U.
I NEEDED THAT FEED BACK, IT MAKES ME FEEL LESS CRAZY AND MORE LEVEL HEADED IN A TIME OF UNPREDICTABLE CHAOS. THANKYOU ILL LET U KNOW WHAT HAPPENS
Unread 04-15-2005, 08:01 PM

OK, I WENT TO SURGEON SHE WANTED TO KNOW WHY I WAS THERE, "DID YOU CHOOSE TO COME ON YOUR OWN?" I TOLD HER THE GI CLINIC REFERRED ME....SHE WENT N LOOKED AT CT SCAN RESLTS N THE COMPUTER AND CAME BACK IN N SAID I MIGHT NEED ANOTHER CT SCAN BECAUSE THAT DIDNT GO FAR ENOUGH DOWN I AGREED THEN, SHE BARLE EXAMINED ME AND BEFORE I KNEW IT SHE WAS TELLING ME O LOSE WEIGHT AND THAT I MIGHT HAVE STRAINED SOMETHING. SHE SAID I DIDNT HAVE A HERNIA ,IF I DID , IT WOULDNT BE CAUSING SO MCH PAIN AND THAT I SHOULD SEE ANOTHER GYN AND SHE WALKED ME OUT THE DOOR. SSSOOOOOO FRUSTRATING
Unread 04-16-2005, 06:06 PM

Cindy:

Sounds like you have more than your share of what I think are the worst sorts of doctors ... the one's who do not listen. They might hear you ...but they are not listening.

What with the passing you back and forth? I would be ready to scream and heck, probably would have ripped the surgeon a new one, figuratively speaking.

Do you have a doctor right now that you can really talk to? No matter the specialty, talk with that doctor and ask for his/her help. If you don't have a doctor like that, then perhaps consider making it a priority to find one. Even if its a GP, perhaps the GP knows who will be willing to help. This bit of passing you from one to the next with none of them taking charge illogical and cruel.

I am so sorry you are experiencing this, but as someone who has been blessed with a wonderful doctor (he's not perfect but he cares) I KNOW you will find a doctor to help you and hold your hand thru this ...just may take some looking to find her/him.

Unread 04-17-2005, 02:22 AM

I DO FEEL LIKE IVE BEEN PASSED BACK N FORTH,AND BEEN READY TO SCREAM. I HAD NO IDEA WHEN IN I STOPPED WORKING JAN. 19, THAT COME THE MIDDLE OF APRIL I WOULD STILL BE IN THIS MUCH PAIN AND NOT KNOW WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON. NO I DONT HAVE ANY DR. EXCEPT THE ER'S HAVE BEEN HELPFUL THE MORE TIMES I GO BACK. I MEET MY NEW PRIMARY CARE DR. MAY 11 AND IM JUST PRAYING THIS WILL SOLVE MANY THINGS. I ALSO GO FOR A COLONOSCOPY MAY3,BUT MY HEART JUST SINKS WHEN I REALIZE ILL JUST BE SITTING AROUND TILL THEN IN TERRIBLE PAIN IT ISNT MUCH OF A LIFE.SO IVE DECIDED IN THE MEAN TIME IM GONNA SEARCH OUT A NEW OB/GYN W/ LOTS OF EXPERIENCE IN ENDO/ ADHEASIONS. FOR A SECOND OPINION. THAT SHOULD BE A CHALLENGE IN ITSELF.. I JUST WANT TO BE FIXED N BACK ON THE ROAD TO RECOVERY

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register