post op sex? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-14-2005, 02:10 PM
post op sex?

Hi,
I am a week in today and still feeling a sharp pain in tummy. I had a TVH(kept overies) and I am worried that an orgasm will irritate my tummy more. I know it sounds crazy but when my pain meds are working I feel like some...stimulation. It has been so long. I was bleeding for weeks pre-op and now its stopped.
Anyone have any suggestions. I know we cant have intercorse but what about the other?
I would much appreciate any suggestions.Thanks so much.
Sweater1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2005, 02:30 PM
post op sex?

Just my ... If you are feeling pain so sharp you need to medicate to relieve it, I would think it's too soon to think about any sort of stimulation... the contraction of your abdominal muscles that could occur would just aggravate the pain.

The "urges" at this stage are normal (and very frustrating! ) because of hormonal fluctuations from the surgery. I wouldn't give into them, even with "outercourse", until you've checked with your DR. Don't be afraid to ask him/her, they've heard it all! It's a normal question to be asking.

Best wishes for a smooth recovery.
s,
-Linda
Unread 03-14-2005, 02:31 PM
post op sex?

hello: This is Maryanne and Iam one week post op, of today. Kept the oveires and the rest went to la la land for good. But no bleeding and just wondering about the fore play with the other half, poor guy. But he has been really good about the whole thing, and helps with the kids and house work. Feeling quilty but enjoying it too. What a way to get a real break from being a stay at home mom.

Could anyone tell us when it is safe to foreplay,. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2005, 02:34 PM
post op sex?

(((Maryanne))), your DR is the one who is best able to tell you whether it's OK for you to engage in "outercourse" yet. The DR knows the particulars of your surgery and how you're doing in your recovery. Do give him/her a call and ask, and let us know what you find out, OK?
s,
-Linda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register