2 weeks post LVAH, bladder spasms, still pain, and spotting. Sound familiar anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks post LVAH, bladder spasms, still pain, and spotting. Sound familiar anyone? 2 weeks post LVAH, bladder spasms, still pain, and spotting. Sound familiar anyone?

Unread 03-14-2005, 06:10 PM
2 weeks post LVAH, bladder spasms, still pain, and spotting. Sound familiar anyone?

Hello Sisters,

It has been 2 weeks since my surgery and I seem to have good days (few), but still develop pain in evenings and today I'm having bladder spasms (feels like I may not make it to bathroom). I have a constant pressure where my bladder would be, and also low back pain. I went to my regular Dr. today thinking it was a bladder infection, but it wasn't. My 2 week appoint witn GYN is tomorrow.

I'm feeling very frustrated becasue I thought I would be doing good by now. I'm not sure if I over do it physically. My GYN said I should be doing good after a week, and within 3 weeks to normal. Today I did a little shopping and my spotting turned a little bright red. Had a lot of pressure down there and couldn't wait to get off my feet. What is to much at this point? Still spotting, is this normal? My energy level is better just this constant low backache and lower pressure pain.

Before my surgery I was pretty active so thought recovery would be easier.

It seems like there are a lot of mixed messages on recovery, and I know it is individual. Is pain, spotting, and bladder spasms anything anyone may share with me at this stage of recovery.

Thanks again sisters,

Blondies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-14-2005, 08:40 PM
2 weeks post LVAH, bladder spasms, still pain, and spotting. Sound familiar anyone?

I am 2 weeks out and seem to be having some of the same problems. I am also having lower back pain (apparently from the funky position we are in during surgery??), and I am also still spotting quite a bit. Dr told me 3-7 days, and I am still spotting! I thought I was in good shape, too, before my surgery, with cadio/weights/stretching in Jazzercise 5 days a week--I am going to be back at square 1 when I get to go back!

At least we're both having some of the same problems--wish I could offer more insight.

isewquilts
Unread 03-14-2005, 10:10 PM

hello sisters,
i am also 2 weeks post op with some of the same symptoms. after 1 week i started to spot and it turned red on saturday. my body was telling me to slow down. so i have been walking slowly and doing nothing. my dr says i may spot for 4-6 weeks. i also have lower abd. pressure especially at night so i take stronger pain meds at night. my biggest problem is insomnia because i am in surgical menopause. i get pellet therapy on thursday (estradiol and testosterone). maybe i'll get a good nights sleep without sweating.

hang in there!

maria alessio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2005, 10:08 AM

I am at 11 wks. now and feeling really good, but I had some of the same prob. as you (a bit later on - starting at 4 wk. with bladder prob. First, bladder infection, then spasms (with no infection on cultures). Pain relief (tylenol) helped me. Also, I really recommend taking it easy on walking around, etc. Pamper, pamper and don't overdo. It's surprising how easy it is to overdo so you have to think about it a bit (examples: don't lift cooking pots that are heavy, walk too much in a mall, ).

I'd also recommend checking with your dr.'s office re the spotting. I had some bright red (little bit) one day after about 3 wks. and this was the stitches dissolving per the nurse I checked with.

Take care of yourself. It takes time to heal. Hope you feel better soon.
Unread 03-15-2005, 10:31 AM

I too had a LAVH on 2/28 and had my post-op yesterday. The dr. said to expect spotting up to 6 weeks out and to expect discomfort in the abdominal area, especially with urination and bm's until 6 weeks when I'm healed. Basically she said that area is still very early in the healing stages and until it is finished healing there will be discomfort. Bad news/good news of it is we all thought we'd be feeling better by now, but the way we are feeling is normal....

Hope all goes well at the doctors...take it easy!
Unread 03-15-2005, 10:33 AM

I am almost 2 weeks post -op and so far only thing i have is a urinary tract infection being treated. Its a little uncomfortable at night as i like to lay on my side. I had abdom surgery so its a little harder i think. All in all i feel ok not trying to overdue stuff. I wish you all the best in your recovery it will take time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register