Did Anyone Lose Weight After Hyst? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did Anyone Lose Weight After Hyst? Did Anyone Lose Weight After Hyst?

Unread 03-15-2005, 02:33 PM
weight loss

My SIL's sister lost 30 pounds after her hyst - I'm so hopeful! DH is certain I will drop two trouser sizes based on my looking very pregnant right now. I could live with that! cj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2005, 02:59 PM
Did Anyone Lose Weight After Hyst?

Im only 6 days out but when I got home I had lost 9 lbs. got on again today, 2 more gone. I am hungry but when I eat it is very small amounts. I am hoping that when this huge belly of swelly goes away it will take off another pound or 2 -

I promised myself that I would lose 15 after surgery anyway, so this gives me that boost to keep on going.

As soon as I can start walking that mile my dr. said I had to work up to, I am sure that will help. Right now I am just walking to the toilet and to the bed, about all I can handle. Plus we have about a foot of snow outside - so no going out for me!!

I am bound and determined to keep this weight off - my gift to myself for starting my new life w/o all the problems associated w/ my uterus!!!!
I am worth it!!!! Plus i should beable to exercise w/o the pain again!!!
Unread 03-15-2005, 03:06 PM
you go, girl!

Way to go, Rochelle! You're doing great - you'll be my inspiration. Three weeks to go! cj
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-15-2005, 06:24 PM

I have lost about 25 lbs to date since my hyst and it was enough of a loss that my DR feels that I can try going a month without my high blood pressure pills and possibly be off for good! I am keeping my fingers crossed and my anemia is a lot better now post op.

Peace and Blessings, MzTumari
Unread 03-18-2005, 06:12 PM

I am almost a month post.. and I have lost about 10-12 pounds. I didnt eat much in the hospital... most wil understand that hospital food isnt the est..LMAO** But since I have been home.. I really dont have much of an appetite. I will now just eat one normal meal , either lunch or dinner. It seems I get fuller faster. I dont feel bad or have any other symptoms of any problems... LOL I really dont mind it... h would like to lose another 10 pounds..LOL
Unread 03-18-2005, 06:29 PM

Yip another looser over here lol.
165lb when i entered the hospital 150 when i got home another 2 lbs lighter since the beginning of the week.

The sad part here is that im a cronic rebound dieter, i always gain it all back and a few extra pound for punishment sake.

So im not celebrating, just wateing to see.. keep your fingers crossed for me....I only hope i make it through easter....... chocolate........

take care..
Unread 03-18-2005, 07:06 PM

I had TAH on 12/06 and since then have lost over 20 pounds. I dunno about the rest of the gals but the "golytely" (yucky yuck yuck gag gag gag) was the beginning of the weight loss. The day before surgery I had to drink that godawful stuff...you know the full gallon or whatever it is. So that day I had nothing in my system, then for 3-4 days after surgery I was on a clear liquid diet. So again, no food intake. By the 4th day of no real food I had lost most of my appetite. I got used to eating less and had no desire to "munch" like I used to. But then also I had radiation, which was another great weight loss. If you can't keep any food in then you can't gain any weight. I'm sure though that I will gain it back as soon as I am fully recovered.
Unread 03-18-2005, 10:11 PM

I initially gained ten, lost that, and another 15. THEN, a few weeks later, I started to gain. I stopped at 20, and I am stuck! I am really struggling to lose any of it. I have a lot to lose and am hypothyroid, and insulin resisitant, so its really frustrating to add hormone issues, and hyst issues to the mix and come up gaining... How I wish I could have been one of the losers!
Unread 03-18-2005, 10:24 PM

I have lost 20 lbs. since my surgery on 11/22. It's mostly due to a healthier diet and and exercise. I don't think the surgery has made it more or less difficult to lose weight. It just gave me the motivation to take my post surgery weight loss and keep working on it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register