December Hyster | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

December Hyster December Hyster

Unread 03-16-2005, 05:48 PM
December Hyster

My day at the castle was December 2, 2004. How are my December sisters doing. Anyone still having problems? Everyone feeling normal as they can remember before they started having problems. How's your sex life. I do not have much of a desire for it. The doctor as me why but I just think it is just stress-trying to get a job and my husband has not given me much support after my surgery and even now. I hope my sister feel the surgery was worth it. I surely do. Good luck to you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2005, 07:46 PM
December Hyster

I had my surgery on 12/28 and I feel better than I did prior to surgery. I have more energy and definately do NOT miss my everlasting period. I am still anemic - but at 9.9 it's much higher than the recorded low of 6.5.

I am not in a good relationship so haven't had sex - although I do sometimes have the desire.

Hope all of the other December hystersisters are doing well.
Unread 03-16-2005, 08:04 PM
December Hyster

Hi, My surgery was Dec 3rd, the day after your' Charissa.
It has taken me a while to heal. I have finally gotten to the place that I am not always aware of that fact of having surgery. And aware that the pain I was in is gone. I was so used to the pain, it felt normal. I have had alot of other issues to deal with since surgery, like high blood pressure. I was not one for taking pills or any medication, So adjusting to not only taking the HRT I need, but having to take meds to control the BP. and all the experimates on the dosage....
I also,now understand when my Dr. said it takes six months to a year to heal.

Charissa, I am sorry your DH has not supported you. It makes it so much harder.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-16-2005, 08:48 PM
December Hyster

Hello my December Sisters, My date was the 10th. I think that health wise I am doing well. I haven't slept a night through since the 10 of December. I have no desire for sex. I have hot flashes and night sweats to the extent that my clothes are wet. I still get the swelly belly. I don't have the mean, nasty thing going I have gone the other way to depression. My Dr. has me on Premarin 0.45 but it hasn't kicked in yet as he wouldn't let me start until 3 months out because of all that nasty endo. Gee, I sound really negative, don't I? I don't mean to. My body was so crappy and that is over now and I really am glad for it. I do feel better there! I just want my energy back. I want to sleep at night. I want to have good sex again. Yeah, Yeah, I know - I want my cake and to eat it too! So What!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 03-16-2005, 09:17 PM
December Hyster

Hi December sisters!

My surgery was on 12-15-04. I am glad I had the surgery done. I am still having bladder problems b/c they now tell me I have IC (Intercystitial Cystitis) So I still have bladder pain. I sure don't miss the periods though. I still want to have sex and I have but my bladder is just so sore all the time. Sex has been normal since surgery no change. I haven't had any hot flashes or anything. I am on Premarin 1.25. I am only 24 years old. I have two very young DDs. I could use some more energy, but couldn't we all. I still have some recovering to do.

Hugs to all
Friend2u

LAVH-BSO 12-15-04 endometriosis
Unread 03-16-2005, 10:10 PM
December Hyster

Hello December sisters - Friend2U - we have the same date! I had wanted one procedure, and then when they did the ultrasound for it, found grapefuit size growths/cycsts - and I opted for "the full meal deal" a full THC with leaving left ovary in. I was having heavy periods - too many "accidents" and always pre-occupied with having tampons with me. I hated the cramps and the moodiness. I was not prepared emotionally for losing "parts" and the forced menoupase. . . . I hated my first internal at 2.5 weeks. Aften then not so bad, but then they found I have a hemotoma that just has not healed. It has gone down, but is not gone

Just passed the 90 day mark, and I cannot get over the fatigue! I mean, I just don't have any energy - it is all expended at work, then I drag home to go to bed. I am fortunate to have a DH who likes to cook, and is far more of a housekeeper than I ever was. . . but I feel so badly about not pulling my weight around the house. I tried to vacume and it was awful. .

No libido - have great dreams about it, but the "mood" escapes me in my waking hours. I was given the go-ahead for sex when my DH was away (that was 3 weeks ago and he has been back 2) and I just don't feel like it - but I have my final (oh I hope it is my finalon 4/4 - I want to have sex so that I can see what happens to my body before I go to the surgeon - doesn't that sound awful - have sex with my DH so that I can report it to the Doc?

Switched to a naturalpath, who is working to help with the fatigue and the constipation - which has gone wild since the surgery!

Sorry, I am so tired as I type this, I must sound like a downer. I DO have several days in a row where I feel good, then I crash. . . but it is not all bad! I have lost weight, have massages to keep my muscles limber and am about to start to exercise a bit.

I feel like such a wimp! But the Doc said it would take longer than 90 days to feel better - more like six months. . . so sisters, I am trying to be patient!

Thanks, Madelle
Unread 03-17-2005, 06:36 AM
December Hyster

December sisters!

I had a TAH/BSO on 12/16. I still am tender just under the skin when I touch my belly, and there are areas that are still numb. My incision healed beautifully, not very visible at all now.
I still get swelly belly when I bend a lot during the day, and I feel a twinge of pain up inside when I cough still, but that is gradually diminishing.

Other than those things, all seems to be well. I was on premarin at first, but side effects were horrible. (nausea, swelling abdomen, sore breasts, water retention etc.) After researching I decided to use only bioidentical HRT, which is identical to what our ovaries used to produce. I am on Vivelle Dot .0375. It's great! It stays on better than other patches, is small, and is changed twice a week, so the level of estrodial is consistent all the time. I recently added progesterone cream (purchased from this site) I'm starting with 1/8 tsp. per day, applied in the evening. It has a calming effect that lets me sleep like a baby.
I may up the dosage of the Vivelle Dot to .050 because I am still having some short term memory problems but I want to see how the progesterone works with the estrogen first. I may not need to change anything, or it may be the progesterone that needs raising.

As far as intimacy(sp?) all is normal there. I don't notice any difference in desire or the physical aspect of it, nor does my DH.

Take care sisters, happy continued healing!

Rosalie
Unread 03-17-2005, 07:51 AM
December Hyster

Hey December sisters. I had a TAH BSO on December 2, 2004. And I feel worse now than I did before surgery. I have night sweats and just started having hot flashes. I have also put on about 20 lbs. since my surgery. That really has upset me. I work out 5x a week. I am still having pain in my left side and it hurt so bad when I have sex. I went to the doctor yesterday and they did an ultrasound said they saw nothing. So I don't understand why I'm having this pain and why it REALLY hurts when I have sex. Has anyone else had this problem? I am going tomorrow to get my thyroid checked and have an estrogen test. Maybe my family physician can help me lose weight. I know I sound like a downer and I sorry, but I thought this surgery would make me feel better, but if anything it has brought me down. So any if of you sisters have any words of wisdom please send them to me.

Thanks
Unread 03-17-2005, 09:04 AM
December Hyster

hey tglenn2! hugs to you

I am sorry you are so miserable. If I were you I would go see a different gyno. Take copies of you history and your surgery notes. You shouldn't have to feel this way. Go see someone else and find a doctor you feel comfortable with and is going to help make you feel better. Hang in there.

Friend2u
Unread 03-17-2005, 10:37 AM
December Hyster

Hi to all my December Sisters,

Sounds like a little bit of everything going on from the posts.

I'm doing well, and have more energy than before surgery.

My biggest complaint is my feet and ankles! I've been back at work since Feb. 15th. I'm on my feet all day. I can only function if I take a Naproxen 550 mg tablet. Then still by days end I'm miserable. I don't work for more than 4 days straight, but about the 3rd day, it interrups my sleep.

I have been waiting for it to go away on it's own, but I guess I'll have to see a dr. Not sure if it's related to my surgery or not.

Other than that, sex is great, actually seems better. Poor DH, I think I'm driving him nuts! LOL!!! What a turn around from years past.

Well, you gals take care, and I hope all these obstacles that we are going through will soon be a subject of the past!

Luv, Luvmabug

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register