Hello Ladies! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hello Ladies! Hello Ladies!

Unread 03-17-2005, 05:13 PM
Hello Ladies!

I posted on the Pre-Op board after my surgery but didn't even think to come over here maybe "post med pain brain" lol.

I had a TAH (Cervix and Uterus only) and unplanned bladder surgery on March 9th I suffer from Severe Adhesive Disease and I do mean severe, I had a lap. surgery in June of 2004, 9 months ago for severe adhesions on my uterus, bladder and abdominal wall after removal they treated it with InterSeed 4 months after the surgery my pain came back and during menses I had pain during urination, so my doctor tried other methods of pain management none of which helped and final option was a TAH, I have always had female issues and I almost had a TAH at 21 but luck was on my side, so I set up my TAH and a few weeks ago I had Cystoscopy to check the inside of my bladder for Endometriosis or Interstitial Cystitis my inside of my bladder looked perfectly normal and the Urologist agreed that my Hysterectomy was my best option and said he too thought my adhesions are back and causing pulling during my menses. I am 24 yrs old. During my surgery when they opened me up they found that my Uterus was "cemented" to my bladder so bad they had to cut my bladder in order to get them detached from eachother both surgeons said it was one of the worst cases either of them has ever seen my uterus and bladder were severely diseased (adhesions) and that I made the right decision which made me feel a lot better because I am so young and other stuff. They also found a gall stone that got left behind from my gall bladder removal in December LOL! I was in the hospital from the 9th to the 13th. I had 22 of my 24 staples removed on Tuesday the other two were removed on the day I was discharged from the hospital but my incision decided it wasn't ready and opened back up, fun fun! I had to have a Catheter in 7 days I just had it taken out yesterday. I am feeling a bit more human now that I don't have to carry a bag full of urine around and deal with an aggitated urethra every 5 seconds, I have to make sure my bladder doesn't get full so that I don't bust my stitches in my bladder until it's fully healed. I am still sore woke up pretty sore today but hey it's only been a week what do I expect? ANYWAYS I am sorry to have gone into a story book here wasn't my intention just had to explain myself a little (ok ok a lot) I am glad the surgery is behind me and now I can heal as I said before I am glad those organs do not grow back cause I do not want to ever do that again (((HUGS))) to everyone! <opps,please keep support on the public boards> I will be sharing my story on the story board if you want the whole story. Thanks to everyone who read this far and taking the time to read this!! ((HUGS))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2005, 06:18 PM
Hello Ladies!

Wishing you a smooth and healthy recovery. You desire it!

Besh Wishes
Unread 03-17-2005, 07:40 PM
Hello Ladies!

Hi 2lilButterflies,

Bless your heart, you have really been through a lot. I do hope your recovery goes smoothly for you and you heal well. Rest and let yourself heal. Let us know if there is anything we can help with.

's, Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-17-2005, 08:33 PM
Hello Ladies!

I had the bladder adhered to my uterus as well, and GOODNESS does it hurt if it gets too full. I didn't realize exactly what was happening until I read your post. I know I only have 3 stitches, and I heal quickly, but now I understand. My doctor sometimes doesn't explain things as clearly as I'd like, but after all we've been through I trust her immensely. Last night I had to set an alarm because I slept for 5 hours and couldn't move when I woke the night before. Fun fun fun!! HUGS and quick recovery to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register