Age | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 03-19-2005, 11:39 AM
My doc made a big deal about my age (31) and having a TAH, I'm just wondering how many other women are my age going through the same thing. I had polycystic ovarian syndrome which is why I had the TAH.
BTW, I really love this site it's so great to have all this information and so many women all in one place.
Thanks.

Melissa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2005, 02:51 PM
Melissa!

I'm 32 and I had a TAH in January due to severe adhesions & chonic pelvic pain. I kept my ovaries...I'm assuming you didn't since that's where the problem was. My doc was a little concerned about my age also, but DH and I don't want any kids and I was so tired of the crippling pain that he thought the hyst was best. I can tell you that 3 months post-op, I've never felt better and I don't have 1 regret. I'm so happy to be healthy and pain free!

Feel free to PM me if you ever want to!

s from another "young one",

Carrie
Unread 03-19-2005, 03:30 PM
I was 35. It was a difficult decision but one of the best I ever made! I am 40 now---feel much better now than I did before the TAH.

Barbara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2005, 03:31 PM
Hello,
I am also 32 and had a TAH. We have 3 darling children and felt that my quality of life was suffering from the pain. It was an easy decision to make and I have no regrets. I do worry about the HRT that I am on and how long I will be on it but I put everything in God's hands and so far he has blessed us so much. I am greatful for my Dr and he was very supportive even with my age.

The glass is always half full!!
Love,
Kristy
Unread 03-19-2005, 05:41 PM
I am also young, (i guess relatively), 34, I am only just over a week post op, and I realize I have a long way to go, but I did make the nurses in the hospital call it girlie surgery, instead of a hysterectomy...( I guess that just shows how age conscience I was), but it made me feel like it was something our grandmothers did when they were in thier 50's or 60's, not something you did when you still think you are just starting out in a way. I know ultimately, the point was to not have my life dictated by my period anymore, and feeling like such a wimp about it. Until I started with my current DR, I had no idea I had adenomyosis, oddly enough, but it sure explained alot. Now I still cant believe I am a hyster sister, but I feel very lucky.
Unread 03-19-2005, 06:26 PM
I am 24 and will be having a TVH on Tuesday due to severe prolapse of uterus and bladder. I have two wonderful little ones, but I am a little bumed about not being able to have more, although I must admit Ihave my hands full with my two girls.
God Bless
Carrissa
Unread 03-19-2005, 06:55 PM
Im 32 have to boys aged 11 and 10 had my TAH 5.5 months ago for excessive bleeding. I didn't have cramps or pains or backaces ,just lots of bleeding for two weeks at a time minumum, things are the best they've ever been.
Unread 03-19-2005, 09:04 PM
My doctor was concerned that I was young, not married and have no children. I am 36. I really didn't have any other alternatives but he was very supportive and guided me through the whole process.
Although I would have liked the opportunity to have children I know this was the best decision for me. I also know that as great a blessing as children would be God must have an even greater blessing in store for me.

Randa
Unread 03-19-2005, 09:12 PM
THANKS! it makes me feel better hearing that there are others like me. I've had a couple of nasty infections from the surgery so far (it's going on 3 weeks) and the docs are concerned about that now, but I'm hoping I will feel much better once all of the healing is done. I really can't wait! Thanks again!

Melissa
Unread 03-20-2005, 01:38 AM
I am 24 yrs old I just had a TAH (uterus & cervix only) due to severe adhesive disease and severe Chronic Pelvic Pain and other issues. I kept both Ovaries spite the fact I too have PCOS, I would rather deal with the affects of PCOS than Menopause at my age but that is just my personal choice. My doctor isn't making too big of a stink about my age, as he knows how horrible my insides were and how much pain I was in no matter what he did to ease it, I have 2 children I did want one more but time wasn't on my side and it just wasn't meant to be. I think I made the right decision now that I know how bad it really was. The goal is to be pain free and happy...I am hoping by the time I am healed I am exactly that painfree and happy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register