Severe rectal pain post TVH - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Severe rectal pain post TVH Severe rectal pain post TVH

Unread 04-04-2005, 12:50 PM
Severe rectal pain post TVH

Hello's to all who are "feeling my pain"

Here's a little update. I went to see my OBGYN (not my gyn oncologist who did my TVH) for my six month check up and to investigate my ovarian cyst. Good news and bad news. The cyst burst--hooray. Bad news is when I was there for my 3 month check up she found a growth in there and burned if off with silver nitrate (yes, OUCH!). When I was there Thurs. she about had a heart attack because the growth was still there. It either grew back or never left even from her burning it off. She put a rush on my PAP and said if it comes back even the slightest bit abnormal I'll need to have it removed immediately. She said she'd call me right away as soon as the results are in.

Now, onto the rectal pain. She said that she is still concerned about the pains I"m having and when she did the rectal exam she said my muscles in there were soooooooo tight. She recommended I go back to my oncologist and see what he "did" and then go to a gynecologic reconstructive surgeon to see if he can "fix" it. I'll keep you all posted. The way she explained it is that the area is like a hammock and he may have made the hammock too tight (he may have had to in order to keep things from falling out) but now I'm suffering the repercussions. Ugh. The saga just doesn't end.

Hugs to all...
Kathi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-04-2005, 08:06 PM

Hi Kmello,

I am sorry you are going through so much.

It sounds like you are getting good care. I hope the Pap comes back normal.

Since my last post, I woke up one time with the rectal pain but this time no BM. It really hurt bad and I put pressure on it with my hand and the pain went away. Just like that and I went back to sleep. I don't understand it at all.

Keep us posted. I would like to hear what the oncologist says.

Poofy
Unread 04-05-2005, 06:21 AM

Krisclynn, Heather and Poofy:

I cannot thank you enough for your support. Going through all this is really a lot to handle and knowing you are out there, even with similar pains and problems is an incredible weight off my mind.

As you all know, going through medical issues can be very lonely--people get tired of hearing complaints--even the doctors look at me like I have three heads sometimes.

This rectal pain is going to make me totally nuts if someone doesn't get to the bottom of it soon (ok, that is pretty funny that I said that). I pray that all the other tests come back ok so I can deal with one thing at a time.

I have three little ones at home (6,3 and 18 months) that I just want to enjoy and play with and not have to think about anything else.

I wish you all the very best in your recoveries and hopefully soon we'll all have good news to share and better yet, that we're pain free.

Hugs,
Kathi

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register