uterine prolapse/bowel prolapse all caused by plain negligence.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

uterine prolapse/bowel prolapse all caused by plain negligence.... uterine prolapse/bowel prolapse all caused by plain negligence....

Unread 03-22-2005, 02:25 PM
uterine prolapse/bowel prolapse all caused by plain negligence....

Hi- Everyone. I am posting again--I got test results of my"TUMOR" its not a tumor at all- Dr says its necrotic(dead) tissue from the placenta that was left in me from delivery of dd-16 months ago!!!! I had no idea!!!! No wonder i have been sick since 1-03. Now b/c its been in there so long it has caused my uterus and bowels to prolapse. Dr is going to see me thurs. and schedule lap to see whats going on in there. also wants to do full d&c at same time-But he said that my uterus may be in too bad shape to risk rupturing by d&c . I am at the point to tell him just to take the whole nasty mess out--since that s what we are expecting to do in the end anyway.What do you guys think? Am i jumping the gun? I am scared,angry and soooo sad that this ALL is happening b/c of a drs negligence. He doesn't know how this affected my other organs and hopes infection has not damaged kidneys,bladder etc. My doc now is great!!! I am only 25--and facing this....
if any of you darling sisters out there could share some stories about this it would be greatly apppreciated--I never knew this could happen to me....Ya know?What do you gals think? Thanks and many hugs of gratitude for your relentless support during this dark scary journey--You have made the sun shine for me during long hauls before!!!! Still hangin' in there. -Brieann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2005, 02:41 PM

Truthfully, if the doc feels he can 'save' things then go that route (it may not be the easier route, however you are only 25). It seems that you have a good relationship and communication with this doc -- talk to him. Or see someone else also (second opinion) - try calling Hopkins and see if one of them is willing to see you (my surgeon ia an associate professor there).

I have been trying to not have a hysterectomey for the past 5 years and I'm 46 yo, do not want to get pregnant, etc (my fibroid keeps growing and it's basically "do it") -- yes it may be more time consuming and even rougher - but in another 5 or 10 years you might regret having the hysterectomy except as a last resort.

I would consider his alternatives before you do the irreversable.
Unread 03-22-2005, 02:42 PM

Brieann, hon............I am soooooo releaved for you.I have been so worried and wondered if you'd gotten the results yet.I just got side tracked and forgot to ask.Sorry.I am happy for you though it's not Cancer.
Is it a guarantee that you'll HAVE to have the Hyster?I mean is there a chance that you can avoid it?Are you wanting more kids?See, my brain is fried I can't even remember if you've had the tubal or not.
If I had the chance to NOT have to go trhough this, I'd not do it.But, my Uterus is falling out the Vagina and will soon be out to far to hold off much longer.I am at a stage 2 for Uterine Prolapse.
I'd really think about this!!! You are so young.But, like I told my Gyn...............if it's just a bandaid for the problems..........get it out of me.But, that is ME!!!!Do what you,your DH and your Dr feels is best for YOU!!!
E-mail me if you need or want to.Hugs and prayers coming your way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2005, 07:10 PM

I really don't know what to say. I'm so sorry that has happened to you. My uterus is also prolapsed, I'm a stage 3, which means one more stage and it's all the way out. I also got this problem when I was in my 20's. I've let it go so long that now I have other problems.

I'm also getting more serious pulling pains. I just hope I can make it till my surgery date. The pains are getting so bad, I have to take pain pills just so I can make it through work. I don't like taking the pills,(they make me feel like an airhead) but nothing else is working anymore.

Talk with your doc. and maybe get another opinon. I hope everything works out for you. You'll be in my prayers, and keep us informed. J.D.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register