Strange Question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Strange Question Strange Question

Unread 03-23-2005, 07:58 AM
Strange Question

Hello ladies! Was just curious if anyone knew. I had a partial vaginal hyst in 1999 and now have to have both ovaries removed, endometrial tissue burned, and removal of scar tissue/ adhesions. My question is do I need to possibly get pads for bleeding? I know it probably sounds stupid, but I just don't know and I am trying to get stuff ready before Spring Break (April 4-8), because surgery is the following Monday ( April 11).

Thanks and take care,

Shannon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2005, 08:40 AM
Strange Question

I dont have an answer for you, but felt I should say, good luck with your upcoming surgery, and this will bump your post to the top, where the ladies that know more about your situation will be along shortly.
hugs
snickers
Unread 03-23-2005, 11:01 AM
Strange Question

Guess I stumped everyone. Will just have to ask GYN at pre-op. Thanks for looking.

Shannon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2005, 11:10 AM
Strange Question

(((Shannon))), is your surgery being done vaginally or abdominally?

If it's being done vaginally, then you'd likely have some bleeding afterwards.

If it's being done abdominally, then if you still keep your cervix, you could have bleeding depending on your hormonal balance

I hope this helps.
s,
-Linda
Unread 03-23-2005, 11:11 AM
Strange Question

You might need some light panty liners for the first 2 weeks or so nothing major just some spotting of brownish mucus. That's all I had and it wasn't bad at all.

Best of luck to you!
-Kristy
Unread 03-23-2005, 11:17 AM
Strange Question

Linda,

It is being done abdominally. I was just unsure because I don't have my uterus from my PVH in 1999. I guess I will get a small thing of liners just in case.

Thanks,
Shannon
Unread 03-23-2005, 12:35 PM
Strange Question

Shannon,
I had LSH 2 weeks ago - no one said a word about pads (I didn't know about this site until afterwards) - I just happened to have some and it was a good thing. I actually have some thin panty liners and bought some thicker ones and have had to use both ~ I am having some abnormal bleeding which I am awaiting an answer ~ but I would buy some thicker ones also just in case......

Best of Luck & Speedy recovery,

Jackie
Unread 03-23-2005, 02:16 PM
just in case

I am 3 weeks post-op and still wearing panty liners for the spotting. Mine was done through the stomach. I do have an infection so that may be adding to it. Just to be sure pick up a small box of panty liners.
Unread 03-23-2005, 07:03 PM
Strange Question

I had TAH w/BSO, cervix removal as well, and have needed panty liners for spotting for about a week now. My doctor said it may last another week or so with the stitches dissolving. I'd say have some on hand just in case...you can always return them or donate later, but it's difficult to get them in when you can't drive afterwards. Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register