2 1/2 weeks out | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 1/2 weeks out 2 1/2 weeks out

Unread 03-24-2005, 12:31 PM
2 1/2 weeks out

i am 2 1/2 weeks out and i feel sooooooooooo run down i feel like i am moving in slowwwwwwwwwwwww. my brain wants too but my body dosent. i had 2nd time ovariain remnant and golf ball size cysts removed and adhesions to bladder and stomach, i have a right sided lump that is very sore no where near my laporotmy incision. feels like i have to pee all the time to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-24-2005, 06:20 PM
2 1/2 weeks out

Leslie

You are very early post op and had a lot done in there. You will be tired and sore for some time. Just relax, prop your feet up and rest, rest, rest. It takes weeks to heal initially inside, but the physical and emotional and getting back to do what we could do before takes longer. It can take some of us up to a year.

The more we rest and take care, the less set backs. Please take care of yourself and don't overdo. It does get better.

Sending s
Unread 03-25-2005, 08:33 AM
2 1/2 weeks out

thank you for your reply, so this all sounds pretty normal to you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2005, 08:43 AM
Re: 2 1/2 weeks out

Quote:
Originally posted by leelou
i am 2 1/2 weeks out and i feel sooooooooooo run down i feel like i am moving in slowwwwwwwwwwwww. my brain wants too but my body dosent. i had 2nd time ovariain remnant and golf ball size cysts removed and adhesions to bladder and stomach, i have a right sided lump that is very sore no where near my laporotmy incision. feels like i have to pee all the time to.
Hi,

I am 3 weeks post-op and went thu the same thing as you did. Dont worry it will all pass. I thought peeing all the time was something wrong but its just your body getting rid of the fluids from surgery.

Hope you feel better soon.
Unread 03-25-2005, 02:00 PM
anyone still feel in a fog??

i am 2 1/2 weeks post op my head still feels in a fog off and on i have been off pain pills just on regular tylenol and motrin for about 15 days now mainly because i dont want to think i can do more then i can and hurt my self since i am famous for over doing it. can the anesthia still be in you system??
Unread 03-25-2005, 03:51 PM
2 1/2 weeks out

Hi Leelou

I would think the anesthesia would be metabolized & out of your system by now. Perhaps it's the hormonal fog from menopause since your remaining ovarian tissue is gone now. I don't know if your Dr. started you on HRT or not, but the fog can be expected. Some women have a harder time with it than others. Not only was I pretty foggy at this point in my recovery, but not getting out & about with my normal routine seemed to add to it too.

I hope it improves for you soon.
Sending s, Beth
Unread 03-25-2005, 04:43 PM
2 1/2 weeks out

I am 2 and 1/2 weeks post-op and I feel foggy too. I think it's because we have been out of our normal routine. I've also been getting migraines since the surgery and the hot flashes have taken hold of me. I'm also just plain tired and depressed :cry: . Just started taking premarin 0.3. Hope it helps. We just have to hang in there . It's going to get better!!!

P.S. Hey these smilies are fun!!!
Unread 03-25-2005, 05:17 PM
in a fog

You aren't the only one out there. Am 6 weeks after my surgery, started my hrt and getting back into somewhat of a rountine. But to be honest, I still have Brain Fog. Not as bad as right after, I think alot of it is hormones but remember we all had major surgery and that takes alot to recover from. I get a little frustrated with myself. I too, had headaches but not too bad, tylenol helped. Good luck and rest when you can.. Cindy PS Have you had hot flashes yet??
Unread 03-25-2005, 05:48 PM
2 1/2 weeks out

I'm 4 weeks post-op and heck yes, I still get the brain fog. Sometimes I am in the middle of a sentence and I have to stop and think about what I wanted to say to finish it. I had a migraine last week and it was a doozie! Haven't started HRT yet, but my doc and I are supposed to discuss it at my 6 week post op in 2 weeks.

Hang in there.

s,
Marianne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register