Granny Panties or Not | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Granny Panties or Not Granny Panties or Not

Unread 03-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Granny Panties or Not

I was just wondering if I will need my large granny panties for coming home or if I should just wear the panties I normally wear. By the way, I normally wear granny panties but in a normal size.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Granny Panties or Not

I didn't need any larger ones. I also wear what are referred to as granny panties, cotton ones. I did get a couple of pairs of very very very light support panties. It was a couple of weeks til I could wear them, but they helped hold things together and keep my insides from jiggling.

S and best wishes!
Unread 03-26-2005, 04:15 PM
Granny Panties or Not

You should do just fine with the ones you have been wearing. Save the buying new ones for a month or two after the hyst, so you can buy sexy ones, one of every color, and some with all the fancy lace, and pretty ribbons.
hugs to you
snickers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-26-2005, 05:06 PM
Granny Panties or Not

I'm a fluffy gal so I don't buy the pretty, sexy undies as they usually don't have anything like that in my size. If I won't need larger granny panties, then why do so many say to get them 2 sizes larger than what you normally wear? Just wondering?

Having TAH on April 7
Unread 03-26-2005, 07:18 PM
Granny Panties or Not

In the early part of recovery even the granny panties can feel kind of tight on the tummy. For the first couple of days home I went without, then into my regular ones.
Unread 03-26-2005, 08:05 PM
granny panties

my advice to you would be to get a larger size granny panty. a size larger really helps. i am 2.5 weeks post op and ANYTHING tight on the belly cause lots of discomfort. better to be comfortable.
Unread 03-26-2005, 09:04 PM
Granny Panties or Not

I only took my regular size to the castle and the 2nd day post op after my shower I went to put them on and they didn't fit. Much much to tight. The nurse gave me some of those nice mesh ones and they are great!!!!!!!!!!!
Unread 03-27-2005, 04:43 AM
Granny Panties or Not

I agree with Poohbear, the cute mesh hospital undies are the ticket. If you ask the nice nurse I bet she'll send a couple extras home with you. They are washable even if they don't look like they would be. I'm planning on buying new undies after surgery so I can toss out every pair that even has the slightest hint of a blood stain. Won't it be great not to worry about that!

Take Care

Pam
Unread 03-27-2005, 09:09 AM
Granny Panties or Not

Post op day #5 & I am wearing granny pants
Unread 03-28-2005, 12:40 AM
Granny Panties or Not

I bought granny panties & I was SO glad. Day 2 post op my tummy bloated up to about the size of a 7 month pregnancy. The sales gal that helped me suggested I but the panties off the clearance rack, because they were just temporary, so why waste the money. I bought them about 2 sizes bigger than I normally wear.

Also get a small squishy pillow & have someone bring it for the ride home & for any car trips for the first few weeks. Place it between you & the seatbelt! It was a lifesaver!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register