Cutting the falopian tube? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cutting the falopian tube? Cutting the falopian tube?

Unread 03-29-2005, 07:21 PM
Cutting the falopian tube?

Ok, it has been a little over a year since my hysterectomy. I had my uterus and left ovary removed due to stage 4 endo. I have had little complications where I have had to have areas cauterized due to bleeding. Recently, I have had major pain and bleeding after sex with my DH. I went to my DR and he said that a stitch had come loose causing the falopian tube to fall into the vagina.

He cut the falopian tube, (hurt like the ****ens too) and now I wonder, what happens to my ovary??? How is it staying "alive"? I have been experiencing menstrual like pains for the last few days along with lower back pain. Is this something I should be concerned about or am I just stressing?

Can anyone help me?

((hugs))

Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2005, 08:56 AM

Michelle:

You might want to get a pic of the female anatomy and that might help you to feel better.

In a tubal ligation (having the tubes "tied"), the tube is cut (sometimes in several spots) and the ovary is unaffected.

Hope this eases your mind. And, sorry for the pain of the procedure. Did he stitch back up your vaginal cuff, too?

Unread 03-30-2005, 09:02 AM

I did look at pics and yes, it eased my mind.

However, he did not stitch back up the area that was affected. This does not ease my mind in anyway what so ever.

I read a lot on this last night, apparently it is called prolapsed fallopian tube. But, everything that I have read has a very different approach than that of my DR. Instead of cutting this away, I have read it should have been re-placed and the area re-stitched, neither did he do.

Thanks,

Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2005, 10:22 AM

Well, I would certainly call him on this one, if it were me. That's my 2 cents. I would try and be nonconfrontational and express that I am wanting more information on what he found and whether or not the continuing pain is normal. Or, I would go directly for another opinion if I felt that I needed one.

Best wishes to you. Keep us posted.

Unread 03-30-2005, 01:12 PM

I agree, I think his approach was not the right one. I wouldn't even bother with calling him again, I would go seek a second opinion from another GYN. I believe this should have been handled better and he should have given you options---because there are options than what he did.
please seek the advice of another doc.
Unread 03-30-2005, 01:19 PM

I am seeking a second opinion. My DH was there with me during the exam. The DR said "oh ok, I see the problem, this will take just a minute and you might feel a sting". I am here to tell ya, I felt more than a sting, I screamed and about came off that table not to mention that my DH was about to take the DR's lights out. His nurse was even shocked that he did this to me!

After the fact is when he tells me it was my fallopian tube that he cut out.

I was mortified. This is a bit barbaric and I am so frustrated with it.

Thanks for your concern and will keep you posted.

((hugs))
Michelle
Unread 03-30-2005, 02:01 PM

I'm glad your DH was there. Have him go with you to the second opinion, too. This sounds highly irregular and having backup might help as you relate this story.

I am so sorry you went through this. Truly, I am. Gosh as you fill in the details, this just gets worse.

Glad you are getting the 2nd opinion. Do you have someone in mind? If not, I suggest asking the nurses on the gyn surgery floor in your hospital. I find that nurses are happy give honest opinions to those who ask. The bad docs leave a lot of messes for them to fix and cover for and asking who they recommend or even who they use is very informative.

Good luck.
Unread 03-30-2005, 02:14 PM

Thankfully I do have a DR in mind. He is my best friends DR and has been for years. I go in next week.

Honestly, after what my DR has done I am scared to death to go in again. I have trusted my DR for years and even referred friends to him. Now that he has done this, I don't want my worst enemy to go to him.

I mean, I have had to have areas cauterized before and I just thought that is what he was going to do so I was relaxed and then BAM, he does this. Caught me totally off guard. I couldn't catch my breath, I felt like I was going to pass out. I had to stay in the exam room for 30 minutes before I could even put my clothes back on then had to sit in the waiting room for another 20 minutes to calm myself down.

Thanks for expressing your concerns with me, this is truly a horrible ordeal for me and my DH.

((hugs))
Michelle
Unread 03-31-2005, 09:04 AM

(((3*4)))

Reading this again, makes me nauseous....I am dead serious. Those of you who know me, know that I am telling you the truth. Partly because I am a big wuss......but mainly because this was barbaric and totally unnecessary what he did to you. I am SOOOO glad that DH was with you and please make him go with you, just like ((Michelle))) said to the 2nd opinion. To have someone else there to back up your story is helpful.
I am glad to hear also that you have an appt set up with another doc. If he doesn't see anything wrong with what this doc did, go see another one and don't stop until someone understands what he did was wrong.
Just a little advice on the side here too---do not have sex or take a bath at this point. If you have an opening still, you don't want to introduce any bacteria to your pelvic cavity. Also make sure that you tell the new doc if you are having any discharge since this procedure was done and what it looked like, if it has an odor, etc.
I wish you the best and please let us know how you are doing and what happens at your appt.
Sending tons of s and prayers your way!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register