How's everyone doing? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > Pilates

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How's everyone doing? How's everyone doing?

Unread 03-30-2005, 04:50 PM
How's everyone doing?

Hi fellow pilates sisters.......

How's everyone doing?

Wilma... did you get your "upper body workout yet? I tried mine last Friday! It's a pretty good work out for the arms and upper back, but since it concentrates solely on this, I did it along with the ab workout.

I really like the buns and thigh workout, Moonchime ! I sure can feel the burn in the buns....lol...... I do this one with either the ab workout or the 20 minute burn workout so that [b]everything gets a workout ......... How's your toe doing?

I have 8 Winsor dvd's now --- I really like mixing them around for variety !

How about the rest of you pilates ladies? How's it going ??

~~Jubilee~~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-31-2005, 05:50 AM
How's everyone doing?

Hi jubilee,

Yes I got the upper body dvd and watched it. I got sick last week and haven't tried to do it yet. Can't wait until I feel well enough to do it. It looks like just what I need.

I also ordered the Buns and Thighs dvd and the Ab dvd. I haven't even watched them yet. When I'm feeling back to 100% I just know I'll enjoy the variety of workouts.

Hello to all the other Pilates sisters. Stay healthy and happy.

Wilma
Unread 04-04-2005, 09:04 PM
How's everyone doing?

Wilma............ so sorry to hear you're under the weather --- hope you feel better soon --s !!!!!!

I think you will like the upper body and the buns and thighs !! The Ab work out too !! (though it is a bit challenging!)..... let me know how you like them when you are feeling better !!

I missed last Friday's workout...... thought I would make it up over the weekend, but no........ spent it outside in the gardens. Also missed tonights workout -- had to tend to 2 of my 3 shelties --- we seem to have bought a "bad" bag of dog food and they are having diarrehea -- everywhere ..........yuck !

But I'll be back at the pilates tomorrow ! Hope you feel better soon !

~~Jubilee~~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2005, 04:35 AM
How's everyone doing?

Thanks jubilee for the good wishes. I'm feeling better now.

I even tried the upper body sculpting and buns and thighs dvds. They were challenging but I made it through them. I wonder how you are supposed to manage to keep up with all of these spot specific dvds. Do you know? I'm going to rotate them and see what happens.

I haven't tried the abs sculpting yet. Challenging you say? Just what the doctor ordered.

You were out gardening over the weekend? ??? There were blizzard conditions here ( accumulated 20" of snow) and our power went out for 18 hrs. Brrrr. Some trees in our yard lost branches from the weight of the snow. One blue spruce is over on its side. A pear tree split and lost about 1/3 of it's branches. Today the weather is going to be more springlike so the snow should be gone by tomorrow. This is a great lakes kind of spring.

Ewww, I sure hope you got the bad dog food thing worked out.

Have a good week.
Wilma
Unread 04-06-2005, 11:03 AM
How's everyone doing?

Wilma......... where in PA do you live? Wow -- I was just watching the news and there's all kinds of flooding out there !! Hope you haven't 'floated away'. Yes, the saying in CO is: "if you don't like the weather, just wait 10 minutes" ---- we had two good days over last weekend - very nice sunny and in high 60's -- so I got out in the gardens -- Then yesterday -SNOW STORM ! Gotta love this state

What I'm doing with the "spot specific" dvds is rotating them as you mentioned, but I'm also doing them in conjunction with a workout for the abs -- like the ab sculpting dvd -- just working out the arms isn't enough for a days workout for me -- I need to work those abs everyday
Let me know how ya like the ab workout when ya get around to it.

So glad you are feeling better !!

Bought a bag of new dog food -- solved the "problem"

~~Jubilee~~
Unread 04-11-2005, 03:54 AM
How's everyone doing?

Hi jubilee,

I heard that CO was due for a storm over the weekend. Did it hit you? I live near Lake Erie so we didn't have the flooding you referred to, that was eastern PA.

I've done all the dvds now. The abs is difficult as you have warned, but wonderful at the same time. I love the variety of workouts and feel they have improved my physique well. I got lots of compliments at a shower over the weekend, so I know it's not just my imagination.

I know what you mean about the arms workout not seeming to be enough of a workout. My arms are the weakest link in my fitness though, so I need that dvd like I need to drink my water. But if you just add any of the other workouts with it then bob's your uncle.

Have a great week.

Wilma
Unread 04-22-2005, 04:40 AM
How's everyone doing?

Hi jubilee,

I had to tell you that in the three weeks since I've started the new dvds, there is noticable results! My arms are beginning to look sculpted.

Gosh Pilates is great! For me the abs workout is difficult. The teasers are killers. They will take some time to master.

My son was in his HS play last week. The female lead was doing Pilates in the hall the week before the show opened because the rehearsals ate up her usual Pilates time.

I hope you're well.

Wilma
Unread 04-22-2005, 09:08 PM
How's everyone doing?

Hi Wilma,

Ya we got pounded by snow on the weekend of April 9th and 10th -- to the tune of 12 -14 inches here where I live....... other areas of Colorado got 2 - 3 Feet of snow !! But it was a nice wet snow........ melted right in by the 12th --- lawns greened up "over night" !!

Was wondering........... have you been able to get "outside" for your walks ?? We've had good weather and I've been outside for walks alot --- had to be inside once this week due to a good rain........... but LOve seeing all the neighbors gardens in full bloom !!

Yes !! the "abs" workout is challenging to say the least !!
And I agree --- the "teasers" are killers ! But keep at it and you will get them sooner than later......... Took me 3 months to master them !! And I agree ..... the upper body workout, i.e. arms, is GREAT !! I'm seeing a huge difference in my upper arms for sure !! Not so much 'flab' swinging when I wave now

My work has picked up alot -- always does in the Spring (dog groomer) and some afternoons I DON'T feel like doing the pilates --- but I DO it anyhow....... and am always glad that I did afterwards... gives me energy for the rest of the afternoon and evening !!

Yes !! Isn't it nice getting compliments (after workingout so hard) --- everyone wants to know what "diet" I've been on .... ------- I always tell them " I do pilates" -- Can you believe nowadays some don't even know what pilates is ! When I tell them -- they all want to buy the tapes !!

Have you heard from any of the other gals ? I often wonder what happened to the huge following we had when I first started this thread......... I hope they are all still doing pilates, but just too busy to check in......... glad you are hanging in here with me !!
gives me encouragement when I know I'm not the only one at this.

Have a wonderful weekend !! Look forward to hearing from you again......... great to hear highschool students are into Pilates too !! That's great !! Never too early to start !!

~~Jubilee~~

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register