38yo Breast CA Survivor, now TAH/BSO | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

38yo Breast CA Survivor, now TAH/BSO 38yo Breast CA Survivor, now TAH/BSO

Unread 02-08-2001, 07:15 AM
38yo Breast CA Survivor, now TAH/BSO

In Oct of '99 I was diagnosed with Breast CA. After months of Chemo and Radiation I am now in remission. YEAH! The Chemo destroyed my ovaries. I have had episodes of extremely heavy bleeding (almost ruined my Bahamas vacation). Gyn says that he has had cases of Breast CA recurring in the ovaries so TAH/BSO. Since I have two children boy 11 and girl 13 that isn't an issue. He gave me since Christmas to decide. I gave him the go-ahead on Wednesday 2-6, his nurse will call with my surgery date soon. (Late Fed early March). Hopefully my insurance will approve the surgery. Dr. says he will send the documentation an the irregular bleeding in if they question his request for the Surgery. I am mainly wanting the surgery because of cancerphobia. I would love to hear from someone who has had a similar experience. I found this site through my browser and I love it! Does anyone know of a similar site for Breast CA sisters?
Thanks, hope to hear from someone soon. Rhonda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2001, 10:13 AM

Welcome! I am so glad that you found us! You will find that you are not the only breast cancer survivor here, so I am sure that will make you feel good! It is so nice to be able to talk with others who are or have been going through the same experiences.
I am glad to hear that you didn't wait too long to decide on surgery. The wait is really the worse, so hopefully surgery will be able to be scheduled soon with no problems from the insurance company!
If you have any questions pertaining to the site, just give a holler and I will be more than happy to help you out! Again, Welcome to Hystersisters!
Unread 02-08-2001, 12:29 PM

Hi Rhonda. I was diagnosed Mar 97 with Breast Cancer. Also destroyed my ovaries, and had bleeding. Had a total TVH (total vag hys). So I understand completely what you are going through. The fear of cancer is always there. I will tell you, I feel mentally and physically so much better. Good luck to you. Marlene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2001, 03:56 PM

Hi Rhonda,

Yeaah! I'm so glad you found us. You'll find that there are alot of wonderful ladies here that are very helpfull among them I've seen several Breast CA survivors.

Congratulations on your remission, that's is wonderful to hear! I'm glad you're going to be able to have your surgery and it sounds as if you and you're Dr are taking no chances. I too hope your insurance will not give you any troubles although I can't imagine why they would.

Take care and please keep us posted on how you're doing.

Vicki
Unread 02-09-2001, 07:02 AM

Hi Rhonda, Had BC 5 years ago. Developed Endometrial cancer related to the tamoxifen I was taking. Had LAVH/BSO.
There is a BC site BCANS.

SUSKI
LAVH/BSO Dec.21
Endometrial cancer

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register