Poisson D'Avril (april Fools Day) 1 april | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > B.E.S.T.-(Better Eaters Support Team)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Poisson D'Avril (april Fools Day) 1 april Poisson D'Avril (april Fools Day) 1 april

Unread 04-01-2005, 01:09 AM
Talking - Poisson D'Avril (april Fools Day) 1 april Poisson D'Avril (april Fools Day) 1 april

Good morning besters!

I'm up and about early this morning! I had a good sleep!

Dull and overcast in the UK.

Breakfast is a couple of slices of toast, and a fresh coffee. Lunch will be ? (whatever DDs decide) Dinner will be some gammon, and probably chips and salad. I'm boiling a big chunck of gammon for DH, cos he loves it! I'm not fussed, but he was brought up on it (irish mum, see!) He likes parsley sauce with his too! (bleugh!)

I weighed myself yesterday, no loss, but no gain either, but considering it was easter, not bad! Guess its a new month, new challenge!

Off to start the day, I gotta finish clearing out the bedrooms today, I had 2 binbags from downstairs, and 1 from DDs pit so far. Amazing what you can find when you're being ruthless

have a great day, y'all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2005, 01:53 AM
Poisson D'Avril (april Fools Day) 1 april

Morning Fran

I haven't been posting since I haven't been eating really well. I also don't know what I am going to eat early in the day.

It's a new month so I need to get back with it.

Will post my list later but wanted to committ to accountability.
Unread 04-01-2005, 05:43 AM

Good Morning BESTers

Wow - my body feels so stiff and a bit sore. I sure can tell that I'm off my arthritis meds and back at the gym. Picture me bend over and doing the surgery shuffle. Heehee.

Trying to convince myself to stay up rather than hitting the sheets again after DD leaves for school. It's a challange.

Bkft will be kashi Crunch
Lunch - probably soup
Dinner? Haven't quite decided, but pork chops are featuring big.

EmilyD - don't worry about not posting if your not OP! That's why we give such good support!! That's when you need the enouragement most - come in when your having trouble. We're here, no matter what!

Fran - I LOVE cleaning out rooms like that. I am not a pack rat but my family is. I suppose it gives me a sense of....power!

Hay!! Has anyone tried any new receipies that are good and healthy? I need some more ideas. So come on a get cooking and posting them. It's been a while since our BEST gang has raved about a new receipe.

Hugs to all who follow -
Melissa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-01-2005, 06:33 AM

Good Morning Everyone! The sky is blue, the sun is shining, and the birds are singing. And I can't see any snow anywhere in my yard. It must actually be trying to be spring here. Temperatures aren't the best yet, but I'll take what I can get.
Hi Fran, Mary Ann, and Melissa. Good to see everyone in posting this morning.

I've just had my breakfast. Then I'm heading out to Curves for a good workout. DD is coming home, just to hang out this weekend, so that will be great. DH has been gone since Monday and still won't be back until probably the wee hours of Wednesday morning. So I will welcome her company. It will help me keep from doing one of those boredom eating binge things. I hate those.

Melissa..I've tried a few new recipes lately, which have been pretty good. Problem is..I'm doing the Curves plan (carb sensitive) so it's like eating a South Beach plan. But for me (and dd) it's working. But I'm eating lots of protein. We bought low carb cookbooks and it's amazing what you can eat this way and still lose weight. But I'm not eating any bread, pasta or fruit. Lots of veggies, meat, eggs, cheese and my water/pop/CrystalLite/Curves Shake. Also taking my vitamins daily. I can't believe I can eat this much food and drop the pounds, but it's working. And Curves, once you reach your goal weight, has a plan to follow to help you keep it off. It's the first plan I've ever been on, that tells you to weigh in each morning. But it does keep me accountable. My new skinny jeans are getting loose. I might have jumped in and bought those too quickly.

I'm off to get ready for Curves and then I'll walk. Anxiously awaiting DD's arrival early this afternoon.

Have a BEST OP day everone!
Unread 04-01-2005, 07:56 AM

Good Morning Fran, EmilyD, Melissa and Nancy & to everyone out there,
It is a beautiful day here, sun is shining but a bit nippy, Gertie and I have had our morning walk, I guess we are supposed to get rain later. I love walking, it just seems to energize me. I will be OP today, have started out with an egg and bacon and green tea. I will be heading out to Curves shortly and will have yogurt for a snack. Lunch will be a salad, possible from Wendys and dinner will be chicken broth and vegies.
I took Gertie to the vet yesterday for her check up before being spade and to get her frontline for fleas, well, she is in a false pregnancy! Poor little thing, she isn't even 10 months old yet! I voiced concern that she was still a little puffy and her tummy is hanging down more than normal, because she is a Basset I just wasn't sure how much loose skin she has, she is my first one. Well, the vet (a very cute blue eyed, light brown hair young man who loves animals!!!) said her mamory glands are swolen with a little bit of milk and we should wait until the normal gestation period is over before snorfleing. So, her appointment is set for May 13. I guess this explains why she has been acting a little different, how in the world does this happen to a poor little puppy!!!????
Anyway, she is the love of my life and we will get her through this.

To lose 10 lbs in one day, run around your house 10 times, drink 10 glasses of water, call 10 friends and read the paper while standing in the shower!! APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!
Have a great OP day and don't forget
Unread 04-01-2005, 08:46 AM

Hi BESTer's!!!!!!!

Weather is decent today but the weekend is calling for about 3 inches of rain!!!! Get out the arks!

I am sore today, too as my new routine is to walk as much as possible even on days I go to Curves. Walked about 2 miles yesterday and then pushed myself hard on the machines and boy was I tired! Gonna take it slower today.
Breakfast was yogurt and a banana with peanut butter, lunch is out with a friend but I will be OP and supper is a salad with one slice of thin crust pizza. Snacks will be cheese and a skinny cow.

Melissa, I will try and post some good recipes over the weekend as it is gonna be lousy and I will have nothing better to do.

s to all!!!!!

Emily
Unread 04-01-2005, 08:58 AM

Margo - April Fools right back at you! Poor Gertie, seems us women never get a break even amoung different species.

OK - I didn't get the joke at the gym.....for April 1st the scales still say........182.5 ......will this never end????? My joints today are so sore and achy. I caved in and took my arthritis meds and will stay on them till it warms up on a regular basis. Come on spring!! I need the break from cold, damp weather.

My workout was well, ardious (sp), to say the least. I held onto the treadmill most of the time. That's unuaual for me. I even slowed it down from normal - yesterday and today I did 4.5 incline but only 3.3mph limited to 20 minutes. I had gotten up to 4.5/3.6/25min before vacation. Just felt sore and tired. Then on the bike I almost gave up after only 3 min. But I persevered and did my full 10 minute program at level 6. Sat in the steam room for 15 minutes and that seemed to help my joints a lot. The meds are also kicking in.

The sun is trying to come out here - the doggies are out running and I'm sitting here just finishing a low fat yogurt for snack. Margo, you'd be proud of me. I resisted opening the drawer and eating some leftover easter candy! I'm planning to put all my bird houses (I collect them) out on the front porch to make it more spring like. I display them from spring to fall and they look so pretty there. In winter they are in my kitchen.

Nancy - lol, I've been too lazy to get out my cookbooks...I want someone to say - "this is good and you make it this way", lol. I also eat VERY low carb/low sugar/high protein due to my gastric bypass. We GBS patients must concentrate on protein at all meals including snacks. Since we can't eat big meals, it's important we get in our protein 1st no matter how. Then if we have room, it's veggies next, and starchs/carbs always last if at all. So our diets are probably very similar right now, lol!!

Well, I think I'll get busy before my body goes and lays down on the couch and turns into a potato!

Check in later with ya gators!
Melissa
Unread 04-01-2005, 09:02 AM

Hi Ems You must have been posting while I was whining. LOL. Look forward to seeing some new good ones! Think I'll make the garlic lime chicken (using pork chops, lol) tonight. It's a good standby and family likes it.

Your right - we're gonna need an ark by Sunday I hear.

M.
Unread 04-01-2005, 10:29 AM

Good morning, all!

OK, Fran - gotta ask - what's gammon???
EmilyD, good way to start a new month - with commitment!
Melissa, my latest recipe = cook lf burger in frying pan, drain. Cut burger in half and put back into the pan. Add leftover pasta sauce. Simmer til DH gets home. Sprinkle cheese on top, let it melt. Scoop ingredients into 2 wheat pita shells - half a burger, some sauce and cheese in each. Feeds two. Serve alone or with salad. Easy, quick and versitile - you can stick anything else in that you want.
Nancy, Have fun with DD this weekend - isn't it great when you get to have some one on one time?
Margo, I did good til I got to the paper part...when I tried reading the paper in the shower my glasses got all steamed up and I couldn't see. Is this why I didn't lose ten pounds today?
Emily, I'll send over some arks - we were using them last weekend but it's let up and I think we can spare a few.

Yesterday was a work day so I only walked two miles, ten on the stuck bike and 8MMs. Today was supposed to be four miles but I'm going to do two miles of interval (run 2 minutes, walk 2 minutes,etc) instead - along with my 8MMs and ten on the bike.

Reason for not doing the four miles today is that I'm saving myself for tomorrow. A friend and I are walking eight miles over hill and dale out in the country as a preBloomsday practice. We're leaving my house at six tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how it goes...

Food today = bfast - COB with 8th and a banana, lunch - turkey salad and an orange, dinner lf burger on wheat bun and a mint skinny cow.

I'm doing all this extra hard exercise in prep for the 12K on the 1st of May and you'd think I'd be losing all kinds of weight - but the scales aren't budging an iota! I'd be getting really discouraged except for the fact that I bought two pairs of pants the other day and I had to get a size smaller! So I guess something is happening even if it isn't reflected on the scales.

Hope you're all having a fabulous fun fit OP Friday!
Unread 04-01-2005, 10:51 AM

Hi!

Had a fairly busy day, did a load of washing, ironing, shopping, and now cooking the gammon.
Sandi ~ gammon is bacon. A large joint of it, as opposed to readu sliced. It's what boiled ham is before it's sliced in the deli.

Not had a brilliantly OP day, this afternoon, I just mooched around in the cupboard and snacked. We had a slice of pizza each in town, lunchtime, while shopping, probably very fattening, but was quite nice. Kids enjoyed, and that's the main thing!

Couldn't read the paper in the shower today, as its not been delivered as yet, we didn't get one last friday either! I'll be phoning monday, to complain.

I'll be glad next week, to get to the gym, as I'm feeling the fact that I haven't been, all grouchy and fat! (must be why DH is grouchy all the time

Does anybody type with the vb code? I've changed mine in my profile, and it's all to hand now, why have I struggled for so long??

Off to check the bacon, catch you guys later!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register