Jess's baby girl - Page 11 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Surviving Parenthood

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Jess's baby girl Jess's baby girl

Unread 05-30-2005, 11:33 PM
Smile - Jess's baby girl I am also 'Parenting a Teen Parent'....

I am new to this wonderful board and decided to see if there were any others like me...mother of a teen parent. My wonderful grandson was born 3 years ago when his daddy (my son) was barely 17 and his momma was a few days shy of her 17th birthday. I went through all the same emotions that you wrote about early on here. There are many steps you have to go through like: denial, anger, depression, etc. Then suddenly one day you realize, Hey...I am going to be a grandma! You know that God will not give you more than you can handle and it is up to you to make the best of the situation. I have always bristled up at others saying my dgs was a 'mistake'...he certainly was not planned and came into our lives a few years earlier than we all expected but in no way is he a mistake! Now, 3 years later, his parents are no longer together (they were each other's first boyfriend/girlfriend and much too young to really know that they weren't for each other) but they have a wonderful friendly relationship. My DGS's mother has made many many mistakes and I sure can't go into all of the details of her self-imposed problems but I know that she truly loves dgs and would never intentionally put him in harms way. DS has just finished 2 years of special training with the Navy in their Nucleur Power School and has been assigned to a sub in Wash State so dgs will be very limited getting to see him. DH and I have grandparenting rights that say we get him every other weekend for 3 days however his mother usually has him here most every weekend and several days during the week. It is not a typical homelife but dgs knows that he is loved and has adapted beautifully. I know of a GREAT support board just for us....Parents of Teen Parents. I will be keeping you in my thoughts. Have a great time with that little one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register