Jess's baby girl - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Surviving Parenthood

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Jess's baby girl Jess's baby girl

Unread 03-22-2005, 09:11 AM
Jess's baby girl

Jene, we are now on the fourth page of this thread. You, your daughter, and your future granddaughter have touched so
many of our hearts. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you.
I heard on a show that Ruth Graham, daughter of the famous
evangelist, Billy Graham, has a daughter, Windsor. She had
a baby at 16 and this little girl was adopted. Then, she again
got pregnant at 18 and now has a son. Ruth Graham along
with a psychotherapist, Sara Dorman, wrote a book, "I'm Pregnant; Now what?" The reason they wrote the book was because there were no books when Ruth and her daughter
needed resources. Below is a link to an excerpt from the book:
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Books/story?id=583603&page=1
It really is encouraging to read this story as well as several
sisters on this thread who were in the same situation as your daughter, and they have happy endings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-22-2005, 05:06 PM
Jess's baby girl

locki, i guess this thread has been going on for quite a while, 70 replys is quite a lot. and i thank you ladies for all of them. you've been a tremendous support system for me.

i must ask you once again to continue the prayers. we may need them now more than ever. Jessica went to the doctor yesterday. it was just time for a check-up. things seemed to be going fine......she had gained a pound and a half since her last visit 2 weeks ago. things were looking good. then the doc listened to the baby's heart beat. and you could hear it dropping. it would get quite slow, then pick back up. needless to say, this worried the doc. she had just hooked up to a monitor and monitored the baby's heartbeat for about an hour. during this time the beat dropped to about 110 twice. it immediately went back up to a much better rate. this still concerned the doc, so she had Jess come in today for a fetal sonogram. the technician said it would be a couple of days before the knew exactly what the test showed. i am quite sure that i don't know what all of this means but, i do know that it can't be good. i am really worried, scared that there might be something wrong with the baby. i mean i know how i feel, so i can only imagine how Jessi's feeling right about now. so please, please pray that everything is ok. we've already been through so much. and just when we thought we were over the hump.......

thanks....hugs,
jene
Unread 03-22-2005, 07:18 PM
Jess's baby girl

The dropping heartbeat would be a big worry. My prayers
are with you, Jess, and this baby girl. I pray that our Lord
strenghten this little girl's heart. Please keep us posted.
It must be very stressful with this new development.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-23-2005, 08:11 AM
Jess's baby girl

I've just read Jess' storey....I know I'm coming in on the tail end of it. Wow. What a roller coaster ride. I guess all I can add is that my mom was 16 when she had me. I know it was rough for her at times, but with the support of her family she graduated from high school and went on to lead a "normal life".

I hope and pray that everything works out for you and your family. Please let us know what is happening...even though I've just learnt of your DD (unlike some of these ladies that have followed your story from day one!!!) my heart is breaking to think that there might be something wrong.

Stay strong...you've done a wonderful thing for your daughter. She will never forget how great you've been.

Cortney
Unread 03-23-2005, 09:05 AM
Jess's baby girl

Dear Jene,
I just read all of the posts concerning your daughter and grand-baby. I will be praying for you. I had 2 sons out of wedlock. One when I was 19 and one when I was 29. They are both amazing young men and have been a blessing to me and my family. My oldest son is almost 21 and is making me a grandmother this July. I can't wait. He and his wife are so excited. I just wanted to remind you that God knows what is happening and loves your daughter and wants the best for her so much more than you do. He created her just like he created this baby. And he will provide. Will it be easy? I doubt it. But He gives us the grace we need every day if we ask it of Him. Please check with your local Department of Human Services. There are all sorts of programs out there that will help. Look in your yellow pages for abortion alternatives. We have one in our town that helps out with clothes and diapers and what ever they can.

I feel like the Lord wanted me to give you these verses. Psalm 139:13-16 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous--and how well I know it. You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion, as I was woven together in the dark of the womb. You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.

He knows, He cares and He will bless you. I will continue to pray! Christy
Unread 03-27-2005, 06:01 PM
Jess's baby girl

Whew..that was a lot of reading, but whenever I see a request for prayer, I am there
(((jene)))
I know as a mom you wanted your DD to have the world at her feet, and did not expect her to have a baby of her own at 17. From what you have written, I would say that she is a wonderful young woman and you have done well by her and this will certainly pass on to your future granddaughter. My mom was married and had me when she was 18 and then my brother a year later. So even though she was married, she still basically had the same mind set. I remember at age 27 I had just ended a long term relationship and was pregnant. I was scared to death to tell my mother...LOL...I laugh at this now, but I was scared! I mean, I knew she wouldn't hit me, disown me, or anything like that. I was afraid of seeing the disappointment in her face having a child out of wedlock. I was one of those lucky people who used the contraceptive sponge---and when I was 5 months along they took it off the market due to its low reliability rate...DUH!..lol Why I was scared? Don't know, I had a wonderful relationship growing up with my mother, we are very very close...not to say we didn't have our moments when my estrogen levels went up at age 13, but who didn't?. She knew so much about me. I must tell this story for you to understoand. I was 16 and dating this boy in the next neighborhood and we went out on his dad's boat fishing one Sunday afternoon after church. Well..one thing led to another and the boat was rockin..I got home around 4pm like I was told and I was helping her with dinner and she turned to me and said "you had sex with him didn't you?"..well you could have knocked me over with a feather! I told my mom everything til that point..and after that point and this is the way I am raising my daughter. I cried so hard when I told her about the baby, she hugged me and cried with me and then told my dad we were going shopping..and we did! There was never a question of what would happen. She knew I would never have an abortion and there is no way she was going to let me adopt the baby out...that was a given. Her support that day, meant more to me than anything in the world. I knew no matter what, i would be okay and so would my baby. I was unemployed at the time, with an apt (had been laid off) and she gave me a choice. Move in with her and get a job, or she would help me with the apt and she would help pay for me to finish college. I finished college, became an RN and was able to support my child on my own. She gave me another gift. To this day, she is still my best friend. When I married DH, I moved 5 miles away. Mom and dad are in the process of looking to build a new house and move and the farthest subdivision they would even consider was 15 mins away. They came by today to tell me they timed it. She said one more minute would have kept them from even considering this place and they still might go with the other one that is only 7 mins away. You have instilled great things in your DD and together you will pass them on to the next generation. Your help with your DD while allowing her some independence will only strengthen your relationship. Show her paths she can take instead of showing her ones she can no longer take. I will be sending tons of prayers to you, your DD, and the baby that everything will turn out okay from the ultrasound. I have already put your screen name on our church prayer list after reading your post, so your name will be lifted by many. Please tell your DD that you have many sisters puling for her. Please let us know how things are going. God Bless you all.
Unread 04-01-2005, 02:27 PM
Jess's baby girl

Jene,

Thoughts of you and your daughter Jess were with me last Saturday night during the Easter vigil service. I couldn't get you out of my mind. I pray the baby is well.

When your thread wasn't in with the prayer requests I feared the worst. Thank goodness it's just that the messages were moved.

Susan
Unread 04-04-2005, 11:18 PM
Jess's baby girl

Jene has posted asking for prayers for her unborn granddaughter. Her daughter and the baby are going through a difficult time and your prayers are needed. Here is the link to her post in the Prayer Forum:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...postid=1286148

Please pray for Jess and her baby.
Unread 04-07-2005, 03:58 PM
Jess's baby girl

((Ladies))

it's been a long and difficult road. and the journey is not yet over. we still have a tough road ahead of us.

i want to thank everyone for all of the support and prayers that you have given me. i know that i have said "thank you" before, but i just can't seem to say it enough.

there is a link in an earlier post that explains every thing that has been going on the last few days. if you haven't read it, please take the time to do so. it was be much easier than my trying to re-hash everything here. and if you don't read it, that's okay too. just please continue your prayers for us because we need them so much.

God bless each of you....
hugs, jene
Unread 04-12-2005, 04:47 AM
Jess's baby girl

i thought i would update on how Jessi and the baby were doing. things were pretty tough for a while. Jess spent a couple of days in the hospital a week or so ago. she was having some contractions (which were stopped w/ meds). and there was a problem with the baby's heartbeat.

the doc is keeping a closer eye on her. right now she is visiting the doc twice a week and having a sonogram to check the baby every week.

she went in for an appt. yesterday. and things were better. the baby's heartbeat was fine. Jess is still having the contractions........in fact she has dilated to a 1. i'm not sure if that means that little A' maya will be coming soon or not. overall, Jessi has been feeling better. she is eating everything in sight and feels quite tired sometimes.

thanks for the support and just for listening.........

jene

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register