found a prolapse today.....am devastated! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

found a prolapse today.....am devastated! found a prolapse today.....am devastated!

Unread 04-11-2005, 08:48 AM
thanks

Hi Anita,
I'll check into getting the Kristoloce as a prescription....I'll wait for your reply first on who makes it, etc. so I can ask my doctor.
It is weird obsessing over BM's, for sure. Something I never had to do! But I know there are much worse things that people are going through so I just try to grin and bear it, so to speak!
Thanks for your help.
LCP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2005, 12:01 PM
found a prolapse today.....am devastated!

Ha! Turns out that I was spelling it incorrectly - - it's KristAlose, not KristOlose. Anyway, it's made by Bertek and you can access information about it by going to Kristaloce.com. Hope this helps!! Hope everything comes out okay - - I'm sorry, I just couldn't resist that one. Any, way from one bowel obsessor to another . . . we have to keep our humor about us when we're on this road. Seriously, good luck.
Unread 04-11-2005, 12:55 PM
thanks

Thanks for the info! It really is vital to have a good sense of humor with all of this going on!!!!!
Keep in touch!
LCP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2005, 01:06 PM

Yep, Panda and I know all about each other's bowel habits... Isn't that what friends are for? She got me to try the tea "Smooth Move" and it really works! And doesn;t taste bad either! I definately think more about my bowels since I developed the prolapse...that with the adhesions are tough. I can't have too much fiber because that causes my adhesions to hurt more, but if I don't get my bowels moving, that causes pain with the prolapse...so I have had to find a happy medium which works most of the time, but I do have days where one or the other is acting up. One thing I definately do is drink a lot of water...about the same as Panda..way more than 8 glasses a day. I think some people think you have to drink a lot at one time, you don't ...you don't have to chug it either. But always keep water with you. I even carry a bottle when going to the grocery store or to run an errand.
Unread 04-11-2005, 01:34 PM
tea?

Hi, where can you find Smooth Moves tea???? I have Walmart, Publix, Winn Dixie, Brunos and Target to choose from and of course health food stores.
LCP
Unread 04-11-2005, 01:36 PM

OK, maybe this is a stupid question, but, what does the prolapse feel like exactly? I had a lap on March 15 for more endo, and about 2 weeks after I started having pains through my rectal and vaginal area, all the way from the back to the front and lots of pressure. Sorry if this is It hurts when my bladder gets full and is very painful if I try to exert any pressure to urinate. It is horrible when having a BM, I push and the pressure gets worse and nothing happens, and when it does, it hurts when it moves through. Does that sound like prolapse? I also have only tried intercourse 1 time at 2 weeks out, and it was excrutiating. :cry: I don't know what to think about this. So any input would be helpful.

Thanks
Heather
Unread 04-11-2005, 05:43 PM
Prolapse

Dear Sisters,
I'm sorry that you are all having various/bowel prolapse problems, but I'm also glad to know that I am not alone. I had a really botched laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy in October 2004. In November 2004 I had a severe internal and external hemorrhage from what was left of my cervix. I had a second surgery in November 2004 to try to stop the bleeding. From that point forward, I've had nothing but pain, bleeding and GI issues. I have a rectocele that is actually quite painful and I'm always constipated. I know just what you mean about obscessing about bodily functions. Prior to the hysterectomy, I really didn't give much thought to peeing and BM's. Now, my life revolves around whether I will or won't be able to have a BM. I'm so afraid to have any more surgery for the prolapse. I was also hospitalized recently for a partial small bowel obstruction due to the hsyterectomy.

Neither my referring gyn nor the surgeon who performed the surgeries ever mentioned the possibility of bowel, rectum or baldder prolapsing. WHY don't doctors tell women about this possibility? I'm so discouraged about ever recovering from this. To top it all off, I now know that I didn't really need to have a hystreectomy. I had large fibroids, with some minor pelvic pain. Never had bleeding from the fibroids. No doctor mentioned uterine artery embolization, or simply careful watching and waiting.
Westcoast
Unread 04-11-2005, 06:44 PM
heather

HI Heather,
Take a look, that's my best advice. If you see anything protruding from the vagina, it could, and I stress, COULD, be prolapse. A rectocele or any other type of prolapse can look like a pinkish colored ball protruding from the vagina. Sorry, TMI, but that's what I know. Only a doc can tell you for sure. A lot of women have them but they are higher up, smaller, and you can't see them. Some are lower and more visible, that is when they cause more problems, from what I have heard and am experiencing.
Maybe some other sisters can give you some better ideas. I also look up rectocele on search engines to get info.
Hope I helped a little.
LCP
Unread 04-12-2005, 05:56 AM

Also Heather, when you feel that pressure and pain while trying to have a bm, stick your finger in your vagina and see if you can feel anything sticking in there or check and see if you are bulging in the area between the vagina and rectum (perianal area) I have both bulges with my rectocele. But once you do an internal on yourself while this is happening, you can definately feel it in there.

I found the Smooth Moves at GNC store
Unread 04-12-2005, 04:20 PM

Despite all my problems, I have no pain...thank, God........and, I think that is unusual.

I was wondering.....anybody having trouble pooping notice that passing gas was no longer automatic....downright difficult, sometimes? I can feel that old familiar feeling, but it just seems to travel all over my intestines, rarely making it out, unless I am pushing when trying for a BM. The gas just will not fly out anymore!

Just curious...............Deb

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register