found a prolapse today.....am devastated! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

found a prolapse today.....am devastated! found a prolapse today.....am devastated!

Unread 04-12-2005, 04:25 PM
found a prolapse today.....am devastated!

It depends on what I have eaten. One day I ate broccoli, cabbage soup and something else and boy that was a bad combination! I sometimes have trouble. I have tried Beano to help get rid of the gas sometimes but other times, I need to get it out!
Hope that helps.
LCP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2005, 06:32 AM

Isn't it crazy? Whoever thought we'd actually want to have gas? But, with my obsession with my bowel habits and worry over getting an obstruction, I figure if anything is coming out that means I'm not blocked. Knowing that I have adhesions, I also can tend to be obsessed over what my insides look like, particularly when I read about women who have had surgery and the doctor finds bowel attached to bladder and twisted around on itself and on and on and on. Oh, well . . . as I've said, I figure every day I have a BM is a good day. One of my friends actually calls me a Pooper Snooper. Now, that's bad. On the subject, do any of you ever skip a day without a BM? BH, I never thought a thing about it if I went a couple of days - - I've never been all that regular. But, now - - I sometimes go every other day. Hugs to all of you . . .
Unread 04-13-2005, 10:26 AM

After my hysterectomy I had problems having BM's all together. Before this rectolcele. I wouldn't go for sometimes 2 weeks before I had a movement. Then look out! Stomach aches, Had around 10 BM's within an hour to finally 2 cases of dieahrea and then I was fine until next time. Sometimes I even threw up. Then in January I had pains and noticed a bulge. If I pushed on the bulge I had a movement. I went to my gyn but the receptionist told me I had to see one of the 2 GP's. The GP told me I had a uninary tract infection and a virus that was causing the pains in the rectom. I had to go back 2 weeks later and saw the other GP because the first one had the flu. That one told me that the infection had cleared up but the virus was in my spine. Plus she wanted me to see a GI. Well I hadn't made an appointment just yet and a week later the first GP called to see how I was doing. She told me no GI. That she wanted me to see the doctor because she was pretty sure I had nerve damage due to the virus. I knew my appointment was coming up for a pap recheck for precancer cells. That was yesterday. Well both GP's were WRONG! It was the the rectocele and it is much worse now! I also have a herina and the bladder is slipping. I have surgery May 13. Within the past few weeks I have been having BM's at least 15 times a day! Go to bed with pain in the rectom or feeling like something is shoved up there. Wake up with the same feelings. I was starting to feel like if I quit eating then I wouldn't have to go and I would get some relief. I have had numbess from the rectom down to the bottom of my foot sometimes burning inside both cheeks like their on fire. Doctor yesterday doesn't think it is from the rectocele. Me I think the rectum has fallen on the nerve and after the surgery it will be better. Sometimes the numbness or pains in the rectum feel worse after I pee.
My DB starting laughing at me after I told him what the doctor said. He said he was sorry, but just the thought of everything sounded funny. In a way it does even though the pain tells me otherwise. Like you all said I never even gave Urine or BM's much thought. Now totally obsessed with it all! At least I can speak freely here about it. No doctors told me this could happen down the road. Or if there is even a way to provent it. It even sounds to gross to me talking to anyone else about it
Well it gives me a 6 weeks vocation from work. I rather had it done in January not when the weather is nicer and I can play in the gardens and all in the spring. My DB is already starting the lectures about staying put! I hate that thought! He was bad enough when I had a biopsy on the virgna wall. I sat in a chair when we got home and he yelled me to lay down on the couch or to go to bed! Geeezzzzz LOL
Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2005, 11:25 AM

My biggest concern, now, is how efficiently the docs are going to be in assessing exactly what is wrong with me. I guess I want a clear diagnosis, and would be prepared for even the most complicated treatment, as long as I knew that it would fix things for good. My anxiety....and depression....comes from knowing full well, regardless of how great my docs are, there is going to be a lot of time-consuming and expensive dinking around until we're done.........if we ever get done.

In summary, I guess I'm questioning my faith in the medical system............and that is something I never thought I'd lose trust in! After all, even though well-educated and experienced, they are only human. And, even though I need more education, I am learning that I really do have better instincts about my own body than they do.

I always thought I was a super listener when it came to my patients, or anyone else (I'm a nurse.). This whole experience has taught me that listening is so much more important than I ever imagined.

I am SO sorry you are going through all this......and, am also glad we have each other. It's very comforting to know we are not alone. I have been feeling very, very alone lately........until I come here.

It is surreal to watch life go on all around me as I worry myself sick each day. Not like I expected everything to come to a screaching halt, or anything, just because I had to step back from the merry-go-round.................

Have been trying to keep real busy so that I obsess as little as possible. Besides, I need to get my nest in order, as I feel some down time is in my near future! This lack of control is really getting to me. I must have had some control issues I didn't know about, because my fear seems to be extreme.

Well, if you've gotten this far, I appreciate your patience. I feel much better for expressing myself. Others do not understand, and I do not want them to worry about me. Thanks for being my support.

I am amazed at how supportive so many of you are when you are smack in the middle of your own problems. That is hard for me. I guess I can get kinda selfish when scared. I at least want to share, as I know that kind of info is comforting to me, when I need to hear details of what somebody else has experienced.

Thank you for all your support. I shall pray we all have the tenacity to overcome these things and are all able to get back on the merry-go-round.....ASAP............Deb
Unread 04-13-2005, 12:48 PM

On the question of whether anyone skips a BM I usually do not. And if I do, boy, do I hope and pray something will happen and it won't be bad! LOL
I don't even want to know how bad my rectocele is but I think it's pretty large and I am fearful of long term damage to my rectum. Deb I hope you have a good appt. and for sunshine good luck with surgery. You are all in my prayers. We have unique problems but we are not alone.
LCP
Unread 04-13-2005, 01:30 PM

Deb to you. We are all here for each other it is super! I know about the depression part. Mine has been getting worse lately and feeling so fatique. Tired all the time.

Man this is the right forum! Road less Traveled! It couldn't be title any better!

LCP Thank you for your good wishes.

The doctors office just called. They changed my surgery date. The doctor won't be around on the 13th. Now it is changed to May 20th. His nurse is having the doctor call in a pain med for me. I have today off, but tomorrow back to work. I work at the pharmacy but in a different section. The store part. Being a Shift Supervisor there is a lot of moving. Up and Down and lifting. I still haven't had a BM for 2 days now. My luck it will all hit tomorrow! More pain. Feeling like I could throw up anytime even though I don't have a stomach ache. This happen to me last week. I threw up one case of diearhhea and then I was fine I didn't even know that was going to happen! It was like oops there it is. I know that it has to do with everything going on in my body.

Linda
Unread 04-13-2005, 02:05 PM

Hi Sisters,

I'm not sure I understand what a bowel prolapse is. On occassion before I have a bowel movement - I can feel something pushing on my vaginal wall - no pain - no constipation and no pressure - its just "there" i'm aware of it because i know it would be uncomfortable to have sex with it there - but no problems with bm's.

is this something i should have checked out? I know its not uncommon to have a "crowding" in the vagina when you need to have a bowel movement - that's why they used to do enema's on women when they were in labor. I'm not sure if this was an issue prior to my hysterectomy or not... never gave it a lot of thought.

If this isn't a prolapse per se... could it be that my vaginal walls are weakening? I'm not taking hormones and I heard that it is possible to have weakening of the vaginal walls.

Ok... now i'm obsessing LOL help!!!!

Lori
Unread 04-13-2005, 05:16 PM

Lori,
The best thing to do if you are concerned is to see your doc. IF, and I stress, IF, you even have a prolapse it is likely up higher and is not causing you any trouble and may never, ever cause you trouble.
A rectocele is caused when there is a hernia of the rectum and a part of it "falls" into the vaginal wall. There are varying degrees of prolapse and many women have one and are not even aware of it. Look up the term on the web and you'll get a lot of information. Mine was a direct result of my hysterectomy.
Sounds like you aren't having trouble and I'm so glad to hear it. If you are concerned about vaginal wall weakness see your doc as well.
Good luck!
LCP
Unread 04-14-2005, 05:49 PM

Hi all

I got my papers for the Urodynamtic Test for Monday. It will take an hour. The pain has been much greater so they called in some pain killers for me until Surgery May 20.

What kills me is I had a feeling that I will feel punished at work for all that is happening. There is a lot of lifting involved with my job as a Shift Supervior at a CVS store. Well I was asked this morning if I wanted to work in the Pharmacy because all they do is stand around anyways. I don't like working in the Pharmacy I did that once as a fill in for another store and hated it. I like moving around and doing different things each day. Then what does she make me do today! A lot of heavy lifting that is done on Fridays! She knows I have a rectocele and that the bladder is slipping! Sorry just had to vent that out. The doctors office finally called in a prescription for pain killers untill surgery today so I just took my first one. I can't wait for this to be over!

Linda
Unread 04-14-2005, 05:58 PM

Sunshineangel,
I am so sorry for what you are going through. You have a lot of stress on you. The rectocele and the pain and upcoming surgery and also your job. What makes it rough is that there are a lot of aches, pains and medical problems that are easy to talk about and for people to see and understand, like a broken arm, but this is not one of them so people don't know enough about how bad and painful it can be.
I will pray that you can get the pain relief you need and that they will let up on you at work.
LCP

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register