Can Endo | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-05-2005, 05:42 PM
Can Endo

Had LAVH for Endo IV and Adeno in May of 2003. My pelvis was terribly diseased and Dr. Redwine performed the surgery that changed my life. I have been told that Endo rarely comes back and Dr. Redwine said he got it all. But it's been almost two years and some of my initial factors seem to be returning. Am working with compound hormone creams which has helped a great deal. I would really like to know if there is anyone who had everything taken out and then the endo came back in some form?
The doctors weren't sure I had endo before the surgery and I had stage IV. So I just have to question whether it could really be gone for sure. Thanks for your kindness in listening. Any answer would be greatly appreciated. Aloha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2005, 06:07 PM
Can Endo

I had my hyst for endo too, but have never had it return...I thought it had, but it ended up being adhesion problems. I do know that it can return because they can get and zap off the spots and endo cells they can see, but there are some microscopice buggers hanging around sometimes and walllaa---it's back. I know there are other sisters here who have had the dreaded endo return and they will be here shortly. Just wanted to give you cyber hugs...I know it stinks when you think you are done and something else comes around the corner.
Unread 04-06-2005, 09:05 AM
Can Endo

Yes - unfortunately - it can return even with "everything" out....I'm now going down that road. My Dr. kept my ovaries because she did not want to put me into surgical menopause - trying to be conservative....two years later - I am going in for surgery to have one ovary removed - unless she finds endo has invaded both sides....I might lose both.

Many women on this site have had endo come back even with both ovaries removed.....that is why some doctors recommend removing all and keeping women off estrogen for 6 months to a year to "kill" over any cellular or any endo missed during surgery.
I am not sure if this is 100% either....may be someone out there know ?????

Sorry for the bad news - i was horrified to read just before my surgery two years ago (thinking that the hyst will put an end to this endo) that it can come back. Keep in mind that most women are on this site because they have problems or have continued to have problems - if my hysterectomy had been a total success and endo did not return I would not be back at this site. (not that I don't enjoy the company

Keep your research up so you can decide what is best for you and to have more questions to ask the dr.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-06-2005, 11:29 AM
Can Endo

When I had my hyst in 1997 for prolapse, I was found to have massive endo. I had had no symptoms.

Because my ovaries were encased in the stuff, I lost them at that time. My doctor put me on birth control pills as HRT because he said that even though my body could not make any more endo because my ovaries were gone, with estrogen alone any places that were left could still flourish. The progesterone in the bc pills was supposed to counteract that. I think he intended me to stay on the pills into my early 50s maybe, but when all the research on HRT came out I weaned myself off. I had been taking them about 5 years at that point.

Hopefully someone with even more experience and knowledge can respond.
Unread 04-06-2005, 06:57 PM
Can Endo

Yes, it can definitely recur even with "everything taken out." I had a recurrence 5 years later and then had to have subsequent surgery.
gg
Unread 04-06-2005, 11:07 PM
Can Endo

Oh yes it can come back,... and its strange but ya just know when it has retruned. Its a feeling that is like no other. I don't know for sure if mine has returned,... hopefully this is all in my head and they are right, its just IBS or adhesions.
I wish you the best.
Unread 04-07-2005, 06:07 PM
What are the symptoms?

I have had all my ovaries and uterus removed due to the endo. I had laporoscopy done 2 before this surgery. Now, just curious... how do you know that they are back? What are the tell tale signs? Maybe I have them... who knows.

Just to let you know, I has on HRT for 4 years till I heard some negative things about them and went cold turkey and just quit.

Your 2 cents is appreciated.

Thanks, Dale
Unread 04-08-2005, 12:29 AM
Can Endo

I can only speak for myself,... My way of knowing is all the previous symptoms slowly return. Pelvic pain in the same areas & new areas, diarrhea, bloating, Rectal pain, Rectal bleeding, abdominal cramping, some constipation, sharp gas pains, & painful bowel movements. I think I mentioned everything.
Unread 04-11-2005, 10:55 AM
returning endo

I just had a appendectomy on 3/25/05, imagine my surprise when I went last week for my post op visit and he read the pathology report. My appendicitis was caused by endo. I have one ovary left and I suppose that was enough make the endo come back 2 years later.
Unread 04-11-2005, 01:09 PM
Can Endo

Quote:
Originally posted by nats966
I can only speak for myself,... My way of knowing is all the previous symptoms slowly return. Pelvic pain in the same areas & new areas, diarrhea, bloating, Rectal pain, Rectal bleeding, abdominal cramping, some constipation, sharp gas pains, & painful bowel movements. I think I mentioned everything.
(((nats))) I must point out that I thought my endo had returned at one point last summer before my last surgery....my endo symptoms are the same symptoms I had with adhesions. So dont assume it is endo returning and not adhesions which causes everything you already mentioned above.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register