Can Endo - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-11-2005, 11:22 PM
Can Endo

My sister was just telling me the same thing this past weekend. She has always had minimal endo return but major issue's with adhesions where as I am typically vice versa. I hope it's "just" adhesions, not that adhesions are any better. I jsut don'twant to hear the endo was back!---- If this is adhesions,... WOW,.... this is not good, cuz I hurt! I'm gonna do some reading up on adhesions,... never have; think I might want to do that, since your the 2nd person who has braught this to my attention. I guess I always assumed that the endo is what has made me so miserable. I didn't know adhesions are just as painful; causing the same symptoms. Ya know dr.'s (most anyway)
don't explain much. You can ask til your blue in the face yet ya still get a 2 word answer. Hopefully I won't have to deal with my current OBGYN much longer. Working on finding a new one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2005, 05:46 AM
Can Endo

Gosh, you brought up an interesting point. Would I rather have adhesions or endo. I think I pick endo. If you look at my sig line you can see, yes, adhesions can cause a lot of pain and problems including bowel obstruction. I wouldn't wish painful adhesions on my worst enemy. It has totally taken control of my life as you can read. I pray for you that it is not adhesions causing these problems, but I thought you should be aware that it could be other things besides endo. Especially now that you say your sister has trouble with adhesions. That is something you should definately mention to your doc.
Unread 04-12-2005, 07:35 AM
Can Endo

Oh, yes. It can come back. Since my hysterectomy in 9/03, I have had 2 subsequent surgeries to remove endometriosis. And I have no ovaries.

I am now recovering from my hopefully last endo surgery, and will never be able to take hormones again because the littlest amounts can cause endo to grow.

Please, check with your doctor.

~Hunnybunches
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2005, 12:48 AM
Can Endo

I noticed your sig line when I replied to you. Gesh,... I am truly sorry you have had to go through so much w/ adhesions. I know my sister hates adhesions with a passion. She has had a rough time with them as well.
I learned something intresting today,... she made a copy of my med. records for me to bring to my appointment with Tulane GYN surgeon who specializes in Endo and I will get to see him on the 9th of May. My PCP finally found someone who may be able to help me considering my current OBGYN is not. Unfortunatley for my sister; she is his office mgr. & a patient of his. She also wants to see this tulane dr. Oh anyway,... what I discovered was that adhesions has been an issue for me,.... my sister was reading my post op reports and was floored by things she was reading and that had never been mentioned to me. Just amazes me that if ya really wanna knwo what went on during your procedures, read yur operative reports. Ifyou can rad through all the medical terminolgy. Thank goodness I can ask her what the heck some of it means.
I still haven't had the time to read up on the severity of adhesions, I am nervous to now.
Unread 04-13-2005, 01:49 PM
Can Endo

I have always encouraged sisters to obtain their entire medical record from the castle. Even if it wasn't GYN related. Don't be nervous about reading up on adhesions. Knowledge is power hun...and you need to know about it to ask your doc if it is a possiblity or endo. If you click on resources on this page and type in adhesions, you will get a lot of information. There is also a website called adhesions.org that has a lot of information and message boards as well with people (not all women I might add) that are dealing with this monster. Please let us know what the doc says and if you have any questions, you can PM or email me or post it here.
Unread 04-13-2005, 04:49 PM
Can Endo

Thanks so much for your support, and I am certain I will have plenty of questions for you.
Unread 04-20-2005, 10:38 AM
Pain 5 years later

I haven't posted in a long time, but I need to vent. The pain has returned with a vengance. Started after lossing my adopted son to his birth mother, and initially thought it was just the stress, but it has been almost a year, colonoscopy and more exams then I care to count. They have no answers for me. I don't know what to do. When I had my hyster, I had adhesions and endo, Dr told me it may come back but I guess I was just in denial. I don't know what to do next, I can't keep missing work and I am starting to feel a bit hopeless...HELP!
Unread 04-20-2005, 01:53 PM
I too had endo come back after hyst....

and the second time was worst than before my hyst!!!

I had one ovary remain after my hyst, within 9 months i had endo return along with endometrioma cysts yes more than one!!! as well as adhesions...which were all removed via laparotomy. My endo during my hyst was so bad she couldn't do it via lap or vaginally and was glad when she went in the second time that she did because it was everywhere!!!!

I now have pain on the left side again, not sure if it is endo or adhesion pain.

I went a year without HRT and finally had to give in because of my meno symptoms but have to say my pain was there before I started the hrt so who knows!!!

But simply stated, yes it can and does come back!!!!!!!

jody
Unread 04-20-2005, 06:46 PM
Can Endo

Hi all

jrothhaar wrote that endo came back - did this occur with one ovary remaining or did you have both ovaries out and without HRT?

Just wondering since many on this site write that their doctors take both ovaries out and withhold HRT for at least 6 months, even up to a year. Just curious if endo still returns in this case.

thanks and all you take care with that evil endo. I am going in this Friday to have right ovary removed....hopefully just via lap.

chat soon,l
luciegoosie
Unread 04-21-2005, 06:27 AM
Can Endo

yes because of my age (i was 36 at time of hyst) and the remaining ovary at the time of surgery was clean, she decided to leave it in. If I had known my endo was so bad prior to hyst I would have told her to take both at the time of hyst.

I stayed away from HRT for 11 months and couldn't take it anymore!

I had thermal ablation done in Sept of 2001 by a different gyn and she found no evidence of endo or adhesions at that time anywhere although I had all the symptoms and really thought on my own that I did have it.

When I had my hyst, as soon as she opened me up it was very visible everywhere and had my insides totally stuck together. I also had a ruptured appendix and have heard that women with severe endo can have that happen. My appendix had been ruptured for some time, long enough to form appendix stones!

I am truly hoping my pain now is adhesions as its mostyly involved with going to the bathroom issues, before I go and afterwards and depending on what I eat. I had endo all over my bowels both times so I don't know.

Its not debilitating right now just noticeable, will let it go for now and see what happens!!!!

jody

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register