Post op six weeks and pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post op six weeks and pain Post op six weeks and pain

Unread 04-05-2005, 09:34 PM
Post op six weeks and pain

I am having pain/pressure in the pelvic/rectal area especially when standing. Also I have severe lower back pain whenever I stand up for a few minutes. Sitting is extremely uncomfortable and lying down is also uncomfortable.

On the right lower side of the abdomen I am having pain which is pretty much constant and at times will be a sharp burning type sensation.

I went to the doctor today and my urine was clear except for the usual blood. They are sending me for a CT scan with contrast Thursday and said it sounded like a kidney stone. I had a CT scan in November that showed a minute (very small) kidney stone. My question is could this have grown over such a short period of time and be causing this problem?

Also has anyone had this type of pain and what was their diagnosis. I was having some pain like this before surgery but it is so severe now I can barely walk.

Please if anyone has an opinion on what is going on let me know. This started on Friday and has gotten progressively worse since then.

Dumby in alabama
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2005, 10:01 PM

Hi

Well, I can't say that I know what's causing your pain, but I've had 2 kidney stones at different times that caused a lot of pain in my back and right lower pelvis both times and almost had me doubled over in pain (not the abdominal area though). If your dr. is thinking it's a kidney stone, all I know is what my dr. told me...once you get one, your chances greatly increase for more stones.

I wasn't told anything about stones growing or anything like that...My understanding was that eventually you passed each stone, with or without medical help. And I was told that there are a couple spots in the urinary tract that they can get stuck in where the tract curves (one is the right pelvic area - sorry, I forgot the medical name of that curved area) That's where they found mine 'stuck' both times.
I would think that you passed the tiny stone and this is another one, if it is a stone.

I had a CT scan to confirm mine too. It didn't take long-nothing to the test, really. The reason I was told they do that also, is because if you have a stone that is blocking the urinary tract, urine can back up and cause serious problems, so they'd treat that with medicines. The CT scan would give them that info, plus size, if it's stones. Mine were small enough, they just had me drink tons of fluids for a couple days to see if it worked - it did but again, my stones were both small.

Good luck. Perhaps some of the other sisters have more of an idea what this might be, if not a kidney stone. Let us know the outcome.

s s
Unread 04-05-2005, 10:36 PM

The stone necessarily didn't develop that fast. It probably was in your kidney and just start moving. We can have stones that just lay around and do nothing for a long time. Good luck to you and I hope if it is the stone causing your pain that it will pass easily and quickly.

GBB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2005, 10:46 PM

My pain symptoms were similar, I too had a CT scan but the end result for me was nerve damage. If it is a stone, I pray you heal quickly.
Unread 04-05-2005, 11:00 PM

Dear Johnsjl

I am wondering if my pain might not be nerve damage as the back pain is only severe when I am standing up. How did they diangose nerve damage and what did they do to help you?

I would really like to hear back from you.

Thanks so much to all that have posted.

dumby in alabama

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register