What Are You Reading? - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Review It!

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What Are You Reading? What Are You Reading?

Unread 05-01-2005, 08:23 PM
What Are You Reading?

I just started Ya-ya's in Bloom and I have been reading The Summer of the Bees. I don't imagine I will want to read at the castle but I intend to catch up on some past reading while I recover.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2005, 08:47 PM
What Are You Reading?

During my recovery, I read all my "series" books. Jan Karon, The Harry Potter Series, and The Dark Tower series by Stepen King. Now I'm reading a fascinating auto-biograpy for the 4th or 5th time called "When Rabbit Howls." Anyone who is familiar with a woman who calls herself "Truddi Chase" and saw her on Oprah Winfrey will be familiar with the stroy. She is actually a "Multiple" Meaning she has mutliple personality disorder (what at one time was referred to as "split personalities.") This is the first book ever written by a multiple compared to others written by their therapists. She is an amazing survivor. I just wish I knew what has become of her/them as she/they had refused to integrate into one person.

This book gives a fascinating glimpse into how the mind works, especially when one really considers all the layers that makes up a person's personality.

Happy Reading Everyone!

Marta
Unread 05-01-2005, 08:52 PM
what I'm reading at the moment

I like to read pretty much anything, but right I am reading Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook, The Wedding and Nights in Rodanthe, are my favorites so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2005, 11:20 PM
What Are You Reading?

Quote:
Originally posted by vanmedlock
to marian paroo:
thank God, I thought I was going to be the only J.R. Rowling on the list. I am a speed reader, and reread every book in the Harry Potter saga within three weeks of my castle visit. I know Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is due out on July 16, as I already have one on reserve! I am currently reading my way through the Lemony Snickets. I'm kind of like a kid that way. Oh, O also read the FBI thrillers by Catherine Coulter. Good stuff!
Vanessa
My cell phone has a "countdown" feature and I've set it for Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Since the American (sorry, ugh!) edition is the one that will get here for the pre orders, I am having a friend send me one from London.

I've only found Lemony Snicket #1 here in English (don't care to read it in the Hebrew translation) and I love it! I swear, when I was a kid I used to turn all those soupy "it all comes out right in the end" children stories into Lemony Snicket takes in my mind. Too bad I never wrote them down!
Unread 05-02-2005, 01:33 AM
What Are You Reading?

I remember reading a Nicolas Sparks book that was excellent. Called something like, Message in a bottle, at least messages in bottles was a big part of the story. It was very heart touching but with such a sad ending. I prefer happy ending but that one was a very good story. Right now I'm reading Mutation by Robbin Cook. He is one of my favorite authors. A few others are, Dean Coontz, Micheal Crichton, John Saul, Tess Gerrisen, Sue grafton, Jeffery Deavor, Robert Bakker,Carl Sagan, Michael Palmer and of coures Ray Bradbury to name but a few. Reading has always been one of my most favorite things to do. I keep at least a half dozen books beside my bed waiting to be read. I read on average two books a week and have done so most of my life.

But I also read every Discover Magazine, Science News, Popular Science and Readers Digest. Along with a few others some times that I don't subscribe to. Isn't reading wonderful?

I also love reading Encyclopedias, I started reading them when I was ten. I thought they were one of our families most valuable possesions. But then we never had a TV. I still don't have TV in my home.
Unread 05-02-2005, 09:03 AM
What Are You Reading?

I am currently reading, The Collected Works of St.John of the Cross, particularly "The Dark Night."

I have been invited to join the Third Order Carmelites (Catholics who already have a vocation 'married or single', but would also like to be a nun/brother as well). Well, St. John of the Cross is one of the major saints and inspirations of the Carmelites and I was curious about this particular man and his influence on the charism and spirituality of the order. This book is absolutely breathtaking and it makes the past 2 years of hell make so much sense! Goodness the peace it has brought to my soul is amazing!

As far as other books, I have to say that I pretty much read about my faith; I can't even tell you the last "normal" book I read... and I don't know if that is good or bad . I homeschool my children, therefore as their religion teacher, I feel that I always need to be prepared for any question they may have so this has been my "required" reading lately.

Unread 05-02-2005, 10:51 AM
What Are You Reading?

My Mother introduced me to "Confessions of a Shopaholic" .... my goodness .... it was so good that I just finished the second in the series "Shopaholic Takes Manhatten" and have started the third in her series, "Shopaholic Gets Married" ... there is a fourth, "Shopaholic and Sister" that I sure to be reading by the weekend. And ...lol.... the fifth is due to be out this summer I understand.
Did I mention that I have read all of this in less than a week !!! I just can't put them down !! They are hilarious !!!! Nothing better than laughing out loud while reading a great book !! ( and getting those faces only a husband could give ..... lol )
I totally recomend them !!!!

Lisa
Unread 06-30-2005, 10:22 AM
What Are You Reading?

I need some new books for summer vacation at the beach for a couple of days. I can recommend Secret Life of Bees which was wonderful, My Sisters Keeper.. also terrific. I am reading Beach Music right now by Pat Conroy (also wrote Prince of Tides which was awesome) I want some really good books for my favorite time of the year...( especially this year since I figure I deserve it after just going through the hyst crap and being stuck in "the jungle"!
XO
Sue
Unread 06-30-2005, 12:13 PM
What Are You Reading?

Just finished "True Believer" by Nicholas Sparks. I thought it was well worth reading. Also just finished this morning "Velocity" by Dean Koontz. It was excellent!
Unread 06-30-2005, 01:13 PM
What Are You Reading?

I stocked up on libarary books before my surgery, and really enjoyed the following:

State of Fear, by Michael Chrichton
Hour Game by David Baldacci

I can definitely recommend these books.

Good wishes to everyone - Fawn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register