Hope someone can help me - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hope someone can help me Hope someone can help me

Unread 04-09-2005, 05:53 AM
Hope someone can help me

I WAS READING THIS THREAD AND SO MANY THINGS SOUNDING FAMILIAR , I TOO WILL BE SEEING A SURGEON FOR POSSABLE HERNIAS NEXT WEEK. EVEN THOUGH MY GYN THINKS SHE HAS RULED OUT PROLAPSE,rectocele, I HAVN'T. ALONG WITH THE EVER INCREASING PAIN HAVING A BM, I TOO HAVE HAD A STRANGE BULGE/FULL FEELING BEFORE I GO, BUT I HAVEN'T HAD CONSTIPATION ISSUES.
NOW THESE TWO THINGS CAUGHT MY ATTENTION , SO MUCH, BUT I REALLY HAVEN'T HEARD ANYONE MENTION THEM ANYWHERE ELSE
:: WET FEELING UNDER THE SKIN W / NUMBNESS
::BUTT CHEEKS ON FIRE( SOMETIMES MY EARS DO IT TO),WHEN I TRY N GO BM OR WHEN DR. HAVE BEEN POKING AROUND.

PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED IM CURIOUS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2005, 09:01 PM
Hope someone can help me

Hi Linda,
Wow this must be really scary for you but it sounds so familiar so take heart!!
It sounds very much as the previous posts are all indicating to be a rectocele which is not a big deal to repair.

The pain you are feeling sounds like the prolapse is impacting the sciatic nerve which just so happens to run from your lower spine down the inside of your pelvis out your butt cheek and all the way down your leg to your heel, thus the radiating pain which can feel electric, shooting, burning...all of the above.
Nerve pain can be excruciating the key is to put it into perspective ...know what it is so it won't frighten you into overreaction.
Breathe deep and stay with your breathing if you begin to sense the pain. P.m. me if you need some coping strategies until you see your dr.
You are going to be okay.
Judy
Unread 04-09-2005, 10:20 PM
Hope someone can help me

I just paid $182.00 to a gastroenterologist because my ob/gyn surgeon told me he didn't know anything about constipation issues. The gastro guy gave me zelnorm, which I only took for 2 days, because my stomach ache got so much worse. Luckily, they were samples and I never filled the prescription. Just how many kickbacks do you think these doctors get from the company that pushes that zelnorm? I've learned more on this site than I learned from all the doctors I've seen. B.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2005, 03:02 AM
Hope someone can help me

B- I know what you are talking about. I was given the Zelnorm when it was experimental. Then I read it was approved. Now resently I have read that if you have abdominal pain to get off of it due to it may cause internal bleeding. I have done the fiber diet, drank all the water you can without felling your a river yourself and it doesn't help.
Judy- Thank you, yes everything you said is exactly what I'm feeling! Every night I go to bed praying I will wake up without it. Doesn't happen. Especially after I go to the bathroom first thing in the morning then all pain hits! Even numbness in the checks. When I even move around it is worse at times. That doesn't help me at work. I'm a shift supervisor in a store so I'm always on my feet moving all around.
Cindy- that is what I also feel. Sometimes I pray when I do have a BM that everything will be relieved and most off the time it just seems as worse.
I have done research all over the web before I remembered to see if anyone here is experiencing or has been going thru this. I read so many different things, but nothing ever said about the numbness and fire feeling. Sometimes during intercourse I'm so numb I can't really feel it. Of course to afraid to tell DB about it. I have been scared it was colon cancer. Sometimes I have discovered you do to much research finding yourself going in the wrong direction you can scare yourself even more! I wasn't even sure were to post this on hystersisters or if it was related. Then I read that a fallen rectom can be the results of a hysterectomy. Thank you all I thought I was the only one experienceing all this, and didn't know where to go! I have felt like the doctors have all been pushing me around and I have felt lost. I will let you all know what happens tuesday.
HUGS to you all also and may we all heal very soon!
Linda
Unread 04-10-2005, 06:41 AM
Hope someone can help me

Linda,if you can get off your feet at all,(Iknow this is going to sound funny) get on your bed or floor on all fours with your butt in the air and your forehead on your hands together and just hang out like that.
The idea is to get the abdominal contents to fall forward (gravity) and away from your spine. You can wag your butt around abit to encourage this if it doesn't hurt you.
See if you don't get some relief from the pain or some relief from the numbness.
Keep us informed.
I am praying for you.
Judy
Unread 04-12-2005, 10:18 AM
Hope someone can help me

Hi
Just got back from the doctors. Well its for sure. Not am I going south on the outside but now on the inside!
First he did the pap and told me everything looked good. That if the pap came back normal then I won't have to come back every 6 months. I would come back once a year.
You were all right. I have a rectocele, plus hernia. Plus he wants to put my bladder in a sling. Boy am I so sore right now from all the poking! The doctors office is going to call me back after they get things set with the insurance company. Then they will set up a date for surgery. He told me it will be a 2 day stay in the castle then 6 weeks of recovery. No more lifting even after recovery. My boss is going to really love me now! My GYN is doing the surgery. He told me he does them on fridays and I should be out on a Sunday.
Peggy- How did your tests go???

Linda
Unread 04-12-2005, 01:09 PM
Hope someone can help me

Doctors office just called. I have to have a certain type of bladder test that takes 45 min on Monday. They are sending info about this type of test. The receptionist wasn't sure want it all detailed in. What she was saying doesn't sound pleasant! Then they were going to sent it up for the 22nd but Randy and the boys are going to Carlial, PA for a huge Car Swap Meet. Pre op is May 5. So surgery is May 13th. OH MY! I just realized its Friday the 13th! GULP!!!! I have to call the Hospital the day before to fine out the time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register