mild dysplasia - Hyster sch. 4/20 - Go ahead and get rid of cervix?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

mild dysplasia - Hyster sch. 4/20 - Go ahead and get rid of cervix?? mild dysplasia - Hyster sch. 4/20 - Go ahead and get rid of cervix??

Unread 04-08-2005, 09:25 PM
mild dysplasia - Hyster sch. 4/20 - Go ahead and get rid of cervix??

I am scheduled for a hysterectomy on april 20. It was originally a LSH/BSO, but when pap came back abnormal doc said we may consider TAH/BSO, but first we needed to do a biopsy. we did biposy monday and came back today as mild dysplasia, which is better than what the pap showed. I go in for pre-op on monday. I have 3 kids and a DH, okay I guess i have 4 kids (thats a whole different kind of post....lol) I have made arrangements for kids and life to carry on usual if I have TAH/BSO. I have talked to my bosses (small company owned by brothers) and they have assured me I can have off as long as I need with pay ( YEAH!!!).

My thinking right now is, I have had so many problems (reason for hsyterectomy) i really dont want to have to go through more problems later ( and trust me with the way things have gone for me since 11/04...... Nov - Hospital for interal bleeding after lap surgery.... Dec -DH is bi-polar, showed his a** and went to jail (but he is a great guy and I do love him and couldnt manage without him...... JAN - in a CVS when 3 masked gunmen came in a robbed it, fired 60+ rounds at police as they left, but while still in the store) Feb - wreck..... MAR- Pap - schedule Hysterectomy........ APR... Abnormal pap showed CINII and 2 days ago SOMEONE ELSE HIT MY CAR ... gonna get a bright yellow bumper .....)

okay, back to the purpose.... Sex is so painful i have no desire to think about it, the bioposy although I was told and read that it was painless was VERY painful. I figure If I am going under and the timing is good, go ahead and get everything removed.what are your opinions on this? I have a great doc, but unsure what he will think when I suggest this.... Please help, I have 2 1/2 to dwell and well Like i read waiting is the worse part.

I am SO ready for relief....

tamara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2005, 09:54 PM

I've had cervical dysplasia as well. I had a cervical "feeze" for it. Yet I have had some normal and some abnormal paps since. I decided removing my cervix is the best option for me so I won't have to worry about this or cancer of cervix ever again. I also have family history of reproductive cancer so this helped me make the decisin as well. I figured why keep something that could make me sick later in life and have to endure more procedures.
Unread 04-08-2005, 10:02 PM

I too had dysplasia. Age 17, cells were frozen. Last year i hap ab pap again. Which led to biopsy , then to leep. It ruined my whole summer. I was unable to have relations with my hubby too, it hurt sooo much. It even hurt when I had the pap done.

So, when it came decision time,the doc said it would be best to just get rid of it.

So I did. I wouldnt wanna have to worry the rest of my life bout it coming back. To be honest, it (ther cervix part ) dont hurt.

I do NOT regret having it removed.

It is a personal choice, weigh the pros and cons. I am 43 now, and had the cells frozen when i was 17!!!!!!!!!!!! So it can come back.

Email me if you would like to talk.

carrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2005, 10:59 PM

Hey girl, I her ya. Mine all started in January with an abnormal pap. I had never had one before so I was very shoked to hear that this one was bad. They said that they needed to get a cloder look and in nessesary a biopsy would be prformed. Well needless to say they did the biopsy and they just knew that it would not be that bad considering no bad paps in the past. Well the biopsy came back worse that the pap and then they wanted to do a cone biopsy, hydrothermal ablation, D-C, Hystoscopy,for painfull periods. They just knew this time that they would get it all. They ended up removing all of my cervix up to the point of my uterus. Needless to say that has not been the end of it. I now have to have a complete abdomnal hysterectomy becuse my margins were anything but clear. I feel your pain. I have been going though this since the middle of January. So hold your head high. And thing of it this way. NO More Periods!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is something to be thankfull for. I also have 3 kids and am very young mother. Only 27. This has been a very emotional rolercoster. Be strong.
God Bless
Unread 04-08-2005, 11:20 PM

Oh Sharon, my heart is with you. You are very young.

Best wishes to you honey and just think of all the money we will be saving.

Unread 04-09-2005, 12:10 PM

I think i will beg and plead to go ahead and have of it taken.... I just want this over with forever..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register