what....Nesting!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what....Nesting!!! what....Nesting!!!

Unread 04-09-2005, 05:50 PM
what....Nesting!!!

Who ever would have thoght that having uterus and a baby make you display the same type of behavior. I have been up since 7 am and have been cleaning untill 6 p.m. What is wrong with me it is not like I am bringing it home with me Or going to stay up all night feeding it. Any way go figure. Funny how nature works. I guess deep down inside we all know we better do it now because even if our husbands do help we will find something wrong with it or think I could have done that a little better. So we start cleaning in hopes that maybe there will not be so much for them to do when we get out of the Hosp.

I go in on Monday @ 7 am. I guess I have been getting a little wound up over the whole thing because my dr. perscribed me some xanax .25. All that it has done is make me not give a #$%^ about haow my hose looks. I did not take it today so I guess that is the reason for all of the weird behavior.
God Bless all of the Sisters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2005, 06:17 PM
what....Nesting!!!

I sure understand what you mean about nesting. I think I have drove poor hubby crazy with all my "to-do" lists that I want done before my surgery on Tuesday.

Then there is my store.........I left lists everywhere for the employees. I even worked until almost 7 pm last night at the store getting things out and tagged and then today I went in almost 2 hours early to get some more work done and even stayed late. Hubby told me I was being "obsessive" and that everything was going to be just fine and I shouldn't worry about it but I can't help but to worry. I am a perfectionist when it comes to some things and how my store looks is one of them!

Anyway, I know what you mean! Good luck Monday. My surgery is Tuesday at 5:45 am.
Unread 04-09-2005, 07:38 PM
Hey girls

The second I got home from finalizing the go ahead on the TVH im going to have on the 25th it has been nothing but NESTING. The doctors office said it was normal and prescribed me klonopin .5's Let me tell ya that has worked for about a week Now im like a full term pregnancy all night and all day. living off of 5 -6 hrs per night. No wonder these post-op princess's are so so tired. Im going to sleep for weeks after mine. From remodeling to just cleaning and cleaning I think my DH is gonna fall over. There is no keeping up with me. <<<ME
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2005, 08:53 PM
what....Nesting!!!

I totally am with you-
my LAVH is on April 21 and I too am "nesting"-
I just feel like I may not be able to do stuff for a couple weeks, so I better get as much done ahead of time as possible- I am driving my hubby crazy! and my daughter (16 yrs old) keeps saying "mom, we are capable of doing stuff after your surgery".
I am not sure what is wrong, I just am obsessed with cleaning and organizing-
We are all in this together and no one understands but his board!
Unread 04-09-2005, 09:48 PM
what....Nesting!!!

my surgery is for monday and I went food shopping today and stocked up with everyones favorite and quick make meals.

I will go into work on Sunday, since no one is around I won't feel so bad for doing last minute things and noone will know I was even there since no one else should be at work.

HOw wierd is that?
Unread 04-09-2005, 09:53 PM
what....Nesting!!!

I did the same things. I did it all before I had my back surgery too (or at least that's what DH says...lol). We went through every room in this house tossing stuff and cleaning it all. Spring came before Christmas here.

But all the craziness paid off for me. It was soooooooo nice being able to lounge around in such a nice, neat house instead of seeing all those things I needed to be doing but couldn't. (And to be able to walk through here without tripping over stuff or walking around it.
Unread 04-09-2005, 10:28 PM
what....Nesting!!!

I've been doing this as well. Spring cleaning (which I would normally spread way into summer!) has been done! I even have lists of what to clean and I mark off as I go. Right down to rearranging my closets and drawers so I don't have to bend or reach far to get the most used items. I even rearranged my pantry! I thought man I am so nuts! Then I remembered doing this same thing when I had my son. Going to clean car in AM and I can't quit adding things to do. Somebody stop me! ha ha Surgery is Thursday so I guess I'll rest then.
Unread 04-09-2005, 11:08 PM
what....Nesting!!!

I am the same way!!!!! I even shampooed my carpets today
I have list upon list of things that have to be done....I have my surgery in 2 weeks, so I figure I still have enough time to do ALOT more!!!!! My kids are ready to choke me, but oh well, I want a nice clean house to be able to lounge around in!!

S Shan
Unread 04-10-2005, 01:23 AM
what....Nesting!!!

You girls are so funny!

What you are describing is known as the "Hyster Twister"......At least that is how another dear sister explained it to me....I can't remember who it was, but the term is *very* appropriate! I can tell you from being there and doing that, that it will make your recovery easier and you'll be better able to relax.....I promise!

Let me know when y'all start cleaning out the junk drawer!

Hugs!

Unread 04-10-2005, 01:33 AM
Thank you all

I know I didnt start this post but when i seen the topic of this post my eyes lit up like a kid on xmas morning. I guess we all go through things to where we think we are the only ones. I really thought i was losing my mind. I am so glad i have so many nesting sisters! I feel so much better . I will sleep better tonight for sure !!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register