I am scared to death | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am scared to death I am scared to death

Unread 04-14-2005, 06:39 PM
I am scared to death

I am scheduled for a hyster in May and all of a sudden am scared to death about hormone replacement- I need to hear from other
hyster sisters who have had a Total abd hyster, BSO and are feeling great. Thanks-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-14-2005, 09:44 PM
I am scared to death

I had an LSH/BSO 2/24/05 and I feel great--sure I have some down days but I think we all have that--I was put on HRT in the recovery room and that has been my biggest challenge finding the dose that is right for me--

I wish you the best--and beleive me waiting is the worst
Unread 04-14-2005, 10:44 PM
I am scared to death

Hi

I had a TAH/BSO on 2/25. I am using the Climara .05 estrodiol low dose patch. Well, I don't know if "great" is the word I'd use yet, but I went back to work full time this week and made it through the week at my pre-hyst pace (very busy workplace, no one cut me any slack & by the end of Monday, my desk was back to its usual organized mess). I also did some housework (yuck), and did NOT feel exhausted - very tired but a 'good' tired, if you know what I mean.

I think HRT is a very PERSONAL decision since no two people are the same. This site is great for the info on the pros and cons to help you make that decision along with everyone's posting their experiences.

For me, it was the right choice and my experience was: I was initially told I'd get the patch in the recovery room. The dr. didn't do that due to an unrelated cancer issue I have-my oncologist had another opinion. They finally reached a compromise and after a couple weeks post-op with hot flashes, sweats & mood swings, I was relieved to get the ok for the patch 'temporarily'. (my oncologist said he decided didn't want me 'bouncing off the walls' after all - how nice of him

Please TRY not to worry about your HRT choice. You know, there is no law that says you can't change your mind at ANY time if you are unhappy with the HRT or without it. I have found my doctors to be very upfront about their opinions on different HRT options too, but sometimes you have to be persistent with questions.

Ayers is right. The waiting is the worst. I about wore myself out worrying over every little thing before surgery-99% of my worrying was for absolutely nothing

Take care. s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2005, 06:44 AM
I am scared to death

Hi,

For me HRT has worked great. I had BSO with endo so my gynae wanted me to try without hrt for abit, but that was awful and 2 weeks post op I tried premarin for about 2 weeks. It made me very nauseous and I also don't like the idea of the poor horses they use, so I was started on Climara 0.06 and it has worked great for me. It is a low dose so I still have some symptomes but they are very manageable. You only have to think about it once a week. The only problem I have found is that if it starts to come off towards the end of the week I get more symptoms, but that has only happened once.

It is certainly a personal decision, and you should do more research on the net or in books so you will be happy with your decision.
Unread 04-15-2005, 08:55 AM
I am scared to death

I had my TAH/BSO on 3/29/05. I had a patch put on in the recovery room (I think that's what woke me up!). Dr had me in his office at the one week mark to discuss HRT. I didn't like the idea of the patch so I'm taking a pill every day (just like my BCP). I'm on estradiol 1mg and everything seems fine. My feet and hands get cold, but no hot flashes or moodiness. I'm a little depressed, but it's because my hubby seems to think I should be well by now and doing everything that I did before (and I do mean everything!). I am doing very well and can do alot, but get tired easy. As far as HRT goes I think I'm doing fine with it. By the way I'm 48.

Take care,
JAS
Unread 04-15-2005, 11:43 AM
I am scared to death

It took me a little while to feel great... but I feel as well as I did prior to surgery now. I am on estrogen with a very tiny amount of testosterone.
Unread 04-15-2005, 02:34 PM
I am scared to death

Hi!

I had my TAH/BSO on 3/7 and am on Vivelle .1.

I got my first patch in the hospital (it was Climara) and I switched to Vivelle about 3 days later when I got home and was able to fill my doc's prescription. (I just asked for Vivelle because it seemed from reading comments that it "stuck" well and I'm pretty active so I wanted to be sure my patch "stuck". )

So far, so good for me. Will see how things hold out when I return to a more normal schedule next week (I go back to work part-time on Monday). Anyway so far I think I like this constant dose thing compared to the roller coaster I have been on since my teens.

Nancy-Anne

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register