Endometriosis/Hysterectomy and 15 yrs. later - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Endometriosis/Hysterectomy and 15 yrs. later Endometriosis/Hysterectomy and 15 yrs. later

Unread 05-04-2005, 06:35 PM
just saw your message

Hi. My name is Miss Ethel. I just joined this site and saw your message. I just posted a message asking about pain in the lower right side. It has been a year and a half now but I still feel the pain and wonder what it could be. Did you ever find out what was wrong? I understand where you're coming from.
Miss Ethel :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-08-2005, 04:46 PM
Endometriosis/Hysterectomy and 15 yrs. later

Hi sisters
I am so sorry to hear that you are still suffering too. The bleeding thing is more common than ya think. My sister had her hysterectomy 6 months before me, she was able to keep her right ovary and she bleeds every month! She swears that she was told that would happen to?
I had tah/bso for endo in Oct 2003 and I have not been pain free yet. The only good thing to come out of it is that I am not bleeding to death anymore. No blood whatsoever. So for that I am thankful. I too have the lower right side pain. I have spent hourse researching this and have also been investigated by colonoscopy and cystocopy. All was fine. It comes and goes in severity and at its worst, it can be quite disabling. And, not really surprising - I am having doc troubles too!
I had an appedectomy (sp) 10 years ago, and the pain does remind me of that time. I haven't a clue if it was the endo that caused the appendix problem, I was never told.

I have question so I'll stick it on the end of this post, hope thats ok?

I have discovered a sort of lump/bulge coming from my vagina. I can sort of push it back in a bit with my finger. It feels like it's gonna come out when I go for a wee. You know that feeling when a tampon wasn't in proper place, well thats what it feels like. Gosh, like there isn't enough going on.

It is sometimes so hard to stay positive, but I do believe that we should keep on trying for a better quality of life. We only get one try, one body and all that stuff, and it is our responsibility. Before I discovered this site full of women all striving for the same goal, I had sort of left myself in the hands of the medical profession, how naive I was! Thank you!
Hang in there, and best wishes to all in their quest.
Thanks for this site sisters
hugs to all
Sue
x
Unread 05-08-2005, 10:33 PM

Hi Sue,

I just saw your question at the end of this thread. I'm sorry you're having another thing to have to be concerned over.
I'm no doctor, but it sounds to me like you could have something that has prolapsed. There are several kinds and I'm not going to try to explain them all to you here. I'm sending my favorite link to a site all about prolapses. It's so good and explains each kind with pictures and also the symptoms and what they can do to fix them. I hope it will be a help to you.
Only your dr can diagnose what this is, so please go get it checked out.
Pelvic Organ Prolapse

Just wanted to share another tip. When you have a question like this it is usually best for you to post it as a separate thread. If you do that your question will be seen by more of the members and you will probably get a better response. Something to remember for next time.

's, Rita
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-09-2005, 02:34 AM

Thank you Rita
I had a feeling I was doing the wrong thing sticking it there, but I tell ya, I was so knackered I could hardly even type!
Thanks for the link, I'm off to take a look now.
Thanks again
hugs to all
Sue
x
Unread 05-09-2005, 02:39 AM

Every time I click on the link, I am taking to a reply to post page?
Do you have the name of the website please?
thanks
Sue
x
Unread 05-09-2005, 03:29 AM

((Sue))

If you click on "Resources" at the top left of this page and then click the third item down "Hysterectomy- Alternatives Prolapse". This will take you to a whole page about prolapse including Pelvic Organ Prolapse about a third way down the page. Hope this helps.

Unread 05-09-2005, 06:36 AM

Dear Sue,

I'm sooo sorry. I have fixed the link.

's, Rita
Unread 05-09-2005, 08:07 AM

Thanks for ya help!
yikes - thats what it looks like. Whats the prognosis - a pessary?
This just gets better sisters

Guess I better try and hurry my appointment up. I've rang the office and left messages, even written. Ever get the feeling ya not wanted :cry:

I can't believe women are living like this. I'm so tired of it all.

Thanks again

Sue
x

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register