Thanks ladies. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thanks ladies. Thanks ladies.

Unread 02-13-2001, 08:45 AM
Thanks ladies.

I just want to say thanks to all the replys,it helps hearing it from people that have been though it!Also to answer your question I have early stage cervical cancer my Dr. says God was definatly looking out for me! He says it`s the earlyist form of cevical cancer he`s ever seen!And thats saying alot.He deals with this all the time and said I also had the #1 person in the country or the world read my results on the biopsys.Talk about being doubley blessed!Anyway even with that I`m still scared I know God is taking good care of me but I`m still afraid of the knife!Yes I admit it I'm a chicken.Ok I know the next question if it`s early stage why go straight for the hyster.well without going into alot of detail I`ll just say I`ve had alot of problems with severe displaisia for years and waiting is like waiting for a timebomb to go off.So I`m lucky to have a great Dr.to help me though this now. So why wait.Anyway will keep in touch after to let you know what`s up and for more moral support I`m sure.Thanks again for all you`re help.Just one more day to wait.I think that`s the hardist part of all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2001, 09:21 AM
Good for you!!!

Hi not

Lucky you! You found it early and you've got good help.

Whenever I said 'I don't wanna be ripped open' my family would say: 'You aren't going to be ripped open, your are going to be methodically cut and YES YOU DO want it!' That would always make me think of the alternatives and I had to agree, YES, I wanted to be cut!! Take everything, GET IT OUT!!!

Unread 02-13-2001, 01:24 PM
Thanks ladies.

Thats wonderful news that they got to this so early! You must be very thrilled with that news. I am sure you will do just fine!
Also ditto what Artic said !!!!
I think when we hear the word "cancer", we develop a whole new attitude about the surgery. Certainly not to diminish the reasons other than cancer that the wonderful women here have had their hysterectomies, but I think in our cases, where we have heard that word, we then are on a mission to get it the hell out of us at any cost!!

I know thats the way it was for me. Within five days I had all the tests, knew there was a tumor, and that it was very likely malignant...knew also that I would in all likelihood require some chemo afterwards..so at that point, there wasn't alot of fear about the actual surgery at all. I said to my surgeon....."take whatever you need to take", and don't sugarcoat anything please. I want to know everything! And sure enough...there she was when I woke up..and she told me it was indeed malignant, but that it "looked good down the road". Nice that she added that part. As groggy as I was....I remembered that.

And that was the first time I had every had surgery of any kind, in fact...I had never so much as had blood tests prior to this, and I am sure normally I would have been just terrified and beside myself with fear about the actually operation, but knowing they would be getting rid of cancer, turned it into a whole new ballgame for sure.

Best of luck notexcited, and be sure to let us know how you are doing when you are up to getting online again!
M.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2001, 02:40 PM
Thanks ladies.

I have to tell you that I agree with going for the hyst too! If not, then personally, I would live each day in worry. I really wish you the very best! So glad to hear that you are pleased with the wonderful ladies here! I think they are great!!
Unread 02-13-2001, 06:49 PM
Thanks ladies.

Hi Notexcited:

I'm wishing you the best with your surgery. Isn't it great to know we have such a wonderful Lord looking out for us. It was a huge comfort to me to have a surgeon with the reputation mine did.

In a way, I'm glad that I didn't have any previous symptoms of dysplasia or anything of that nature. It would have driven me totally crazy until I finally had my hysterectomy and knew I had the cancer out. One less thing to worry about. I wasn't wild about the thought of surgery, but I didn't have too much time to think about it. I was just happy that surgery would take care of my cancer (although the wait for the pathology report was one of the hardest parts for me).

I'm sure you'll come through with flying colors. Keep us posted when you feel better.
Unread 02-14-2001, 02:58 AM
Thanks ladies.

Hello notexcited, it sounds like you have what i had before my hyster. The sisters are right in what they say, it is best to have the hyster and be done with it. You are certainly blessed by God and I know that He will be watching over you during your operation. I will keep you in my prayers and will be with you in spirit during the operation. Please take good care , sending lots of love and prayers from down under

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register