Any support from fellow "twitchers" and "buzzers"? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any support from fellow "twitchers" and "buzzers"? Any support from fellow "twitchers" and "buzzers"?

Unread 04-19-2005, 04:50 PM
Any support from fellow "twitchers" and "buzzers"?

Hi all! My twitching (mostly in my legs) has been happening more often recently and I have had some "buzzing" again. It seems everytime this happens it freaks me out and makes me very anxious. I guess I just need some reassurance that others out there are having the same symptoms and I'm not dying of some terrible disease! Thanks!

Am taking .75 Vivelle Dot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2005, 05:08 PM

Hi there! I am also having alot of twitching, in my knee mostly. It started about a week after surgery and is getting more frequent.( tomorrow will be my three week anniversary). Sometimes my knee twitches so bad you can see it right through my jeans. I also had alot of swelling right behind my left knee and my doc sent my in for blood clot testing, which luckily came out negative.

She examined my knee and said it is from being less active and the way i was positioned for surgery. (which she explained was knees by the ears and legs turned like a frog) good thing i didnt see that (he he). Even though it twitches more ,which I notice is worse when driving and now that I am back to work, it is getting less painful. I was scared about a blood clot though and now I know it isnt I can deal with the bothersome twitching.

Hope you feel better soon.
Unread 04-19-2005, 07:39 PM

Aw (((Debbi))) I'm sorry you are being bothered by twitching and buzzing. I used to get buzzing a lot, whenever my estrogen level was too low. Have you tried increasing your patch dosage to see if that helps? Or, if you're wearing it on your tummy, moving it to your backside? (We get about 20% more absorption through the rear.)

s,
-Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-19-2005, 11:34 PM
Hi

I am a buzzer, not a twitcher.... I feel it from time to time in my abdomen, and chest area..

I am very sensitive to EVERYTHING, over the counter drugs, alcohol, just everything, -even nutritional supplements. I have a type A personality, don't sit still much, am on the hyper side anyway...

I especially notice it after a glass of wine. I'll go to sleep, and wake up a few hours later, "buzzing". I always thought it was my liver metabolizing the alcohol, but now realize it may be an estrogen issue too...

Aren't we women complicated!!!!!
Unread 04-20-2005, 12:37 AM

Hi Ladies,
I had twitchy eyeballs forever. Came from stress and I took Vit B6 and it all went away. Now I wonder if that would possibly work on other muscle twitches.....I would ask the doc what they thing...As for buzzes???? Not sure I want to know!!

Hugs
kat
Unread 04-20-2005, 07:33 AM

I am glad you created this post, I have had this for weeks and didn't know how to describe it. I was on Vivelle Dot .5 and was just upped to .1. I still have the buzzing and twitching, but who knows it may go away now. Its weird, its mostly in my legs too. Once in a while in my arms.

Best wishes to all
Susie
Unread 04-20-2005, 01:24 PM

Hi all,

I had my surgery in September 2003 .. so it has been a while for me .. but I have had the 'twitching' also since sometime after the surgery .. not sure when it exactly started. But the best way I can describe it is that it feels like my cell phone is vibrating ... I keep answering my cell phone for no reason ... !!!

My twitching is in the thighs and hips and stomach ... weird. But it hasn't really bothered me other than thinking it is my phone. So I can't carry my phone in my pant pockets because I never know when it is ringing ...

Thanks for starting this thread ..
Mary

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register