Trying to stay strong...... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Trying to stay strong...... Trying to stay strong......

Unread 02-13-2001, 11:14 AM
Trying to stay strong......

This is my first post, I hope you ladies can bear w/me on the lenghth of this note. Hello ladies, I'm a LIW @least until 2/27, 5:30 a.m. I've been waiting for this all of my life. Sounds terrible I know, but I've always had problems for as long as I can remember. I remember my dad picking me up from school alot because of my bad periods. Everyone said I was a hyprocondriac (sp?) & I think I believed them, so I suffered alone alot. I am now 31 yrs old w/fibroids, my uterus is the size of a 5 month pregnancy. I've had (5)laps w/the removal of adhesions, tubaligation, appendectomy, gall bladder, bowel reconstruction and D&C. I've been on every birthcontrol pill/shot that's out there. Everything always working for about 3 months. My mother had her hyst @29 so when I turned 29 I thought yeah!!!! I made it, but unfortunetly I was kidding myself. I have 4 children (s)13, (d)12,(twin d's)10 & a great husband - we'll be celebrating our 14 yr anniversary while I'm recovering from the hyst. Poor kids I know I haven't been the best active mother always crying about what hurts, seemed like they were always taking care of me instead of the other way around for this I will always be eternally grateful. Just bear w/mommy (1) more time & I'm sure it will be the best decision I have made. Thanks again ladies for letting me tell my story.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-13-2001, 11:24 AM

Hello and Welcome Rita My goodness you've had a hard time. I had my tah/bso last March..and I can tell you that's the best thing I ever did. Wish I'd done it several years early. Recovery does take the entire 6-8 weeks...just be patient with yourself..and don't rush recovery.

We'll be here with you every step of the way.
Unread 02-13-2001, 11:26 AM

Hi Rita!

Girl, you need to vent. The LIW is a difficult time. I understand that you've waited your whole life to have this done, so did I. I had it done on Jan 26, a few days short of my 46th birthday.

You all will be better for it. Sounds like you have a very supportive family. That will help you so much. You just jump in anytime and let us know how you are progressing. I found "the sisters" a few days before surgery and I am so glad I did. Now that I am in recovery it has continued to be a blessing for me. My DH moved my computer to the bedroom and I can jump on anytime, day or night.

Take care,
Queena

TAH BSO AP APPIE adeno 1-26-01

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register