TVH - So happy to have done it | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > Vaginal Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

TVH -  So happy to have done it TVH - So happy to have done it

Unread 04-20-2005, 02:25 PM
TVH and SO HAPPY to have done it

I had my TVH on Tuesday, April 5 and was able to come home on Wed. after LOTS of begging
I had to be at the Castle at 6 am for my surgury at 7:30. As soon as I walked in, they were ready for me to get into the wonderful gowns and fill out paper work and all.Hubby,Mom and youngest son were there for me.They got to come into the room and chat with me for a few mintues and then I was wisked away to the pre-op holding area.
I was so scared and nervous that they gave me some Valium to calm my nerves some.I had a temp of 99.4 and thought..........OH NO!!! My Gyn said as long as it was only slightly elevated, I was o.k.
I don't remember talking to hubby, and all before surgury.I only remember them giving me the meds and then I was in the operating room and they were telling me to breathe deeply.Next thing I know, I am awake and being told things went well and I was being moved into my room.
I found out from my Gyn that my surgury lasted 2 hours instead of the 1 1/2 hours normal time.I lost twice the ammount of blood they like for people to loose.My Uterus was HUGE and took LOTS of manipulating to get it to come out Vaginally.I had a cyst on my left Ovary that the Dr ruptured and he felt they should stay in because they were healthy looking.
I had the PCA pump, which did NOTHING for my pain!!! They ended up giving me 3 extra shots to help ease the pain.I had the liquid diet the first day and then was able to eat real food.
I had the room-mate from you know where.All she did was complain and gag like she was about to vomit.She asked for help to the porta-potty and they took forever to get help to her.So, therefor I couldn't sleep.
Whoever sugessted the CD player.....................................THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! It was my ONLY lifesaver for sleep.I could turn on my music and not have to worry about her making lots of sounds.
The next day(Wed.), I got up and walked about 2 blocks.My Gyn saw me and was amazed I was doing so well.I begged to come home.He said as long as I kept my food down..........I would be released from the Castle.I ate my food with a passion just to be able to leave and come home.
I was given the tummy binder,a prescription for pain meds, colace, and mylicon and sent on my merryway.
I had my first BM on Friday and wanted to DIE from the pain.I can only explain it as razor blades moving through my bowels.I knew the first one would be rough..........but so have the ones thereafter. It hurts so bad, that I cry and can't breathe while I'm going.My Gyn thinks I may have IBS and gave me some meds for it.It has helped some, but not enough in my book.I go see him on Monday for a 2 week apt. we will decide what the next course is.
I have had NO BLEEDING at all. I spot from time to time, but nothing requiring a pad.I had the Vaginal packing in me from after surgury to the next day.My catherater was a pain in the you know what.I hate those things with a passion and was glad when the Nurse pulled it out.
I am thankful that I had my surgury.The set backs are discouraging.............but I am thankful to be alive and will no longer have to experiecnce the things I did before my TVH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register