What could this be? PLEASE HELP! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What could this be? PLEASE HELP! What could this be? PLEASE HELP!

Unread 04-20-2005, 09:17 PM
What could this be? PLEASE HELP!

I had a TAH on Oct. 19, 2004 (6 months ago) due to reoccuring ovarian cyst. I have had my same incision opened up in the same place 3 different times previous to surgery. After my TAH I was admitted back to hosp for a hematoma. After I was able to get over that, everything was going GREAT! No problems up until last week! Starting last week I was having a slight pain on my left side lower abdomen. It sort of felt like I had another cyst, but that is impossible right? Seeing how there are no ovaries in there. Starting yesterday the pain has worsened. It is really bad tonight. I know I need to call the doctor but I am scared to. I guess I am scared that she will tell me its in my head, considering I have nothing left inside me down there. I just don't want to get the run around is all!

The symptoms I am having are constant pain only on the left hand side, which is where I was having some major ovarian cysts, tiredness, a little nausea, minor back pain and I actually feel like I am about to start my period, cramping, etc. I am just not sure what it could be. I wanted to research my options first this way when I do go see her I could give her some suggestions as to what it might be. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please let me know. I am in dire need of help and in dire need of making this pain go away! I thought I was done with all this madness!!

TIA!
Keri

P.S. I hope I posted this message in the right forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-20-2005, 09:18 PM

One more thing I left out...I am on Premarin 1.25mg once a day and thats it!

THANKS!
Keri
Unread 04-20-2005, 11:31 PM

the only thing in the LLQ is the colon....
might be wise to give your Dr a call and schedule an appt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-21-2005, 05:45 AM

First of all, let me say that I am sorry you are having to deal with this....you are right, you need to see a doc. Here are a few things that came to mind---ovarian remant syndrome...where a little tiny little piece of ovary was "left behind" and is growing a cysts (it does happen) or adhesions (that definatley happens)
Since the pain is worsening, I would march right over to your doc and get in today. Please let us know what the doc says.
Unread 04-21-2005, 07:13 AM

I called and got an appt at 1:45 today!! I am glad because this gives me time to research my opinions as to what it could be. Now, I have never done this so I need yall's opinion on it. Should I suggest to her that it MIGHT be adhesions or ovarian remant syndrome or adhesions OR should I shut up and let her do her job and see what she finds. Should I print out a document on ORS since it doesn't seem that common?

Thanks again!
Keri
Unread 04-21-2005, 11:15 AM

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems!!! I know how hard it is to think that you are done with the cysts - and then they come back!!!

I have had many of them since my hyst :hair: they grow on anything they can attach themselves to.....adhesions, etc. Loads of fun. I even had one that looked like it was an ovary! The radiologists thought it was an ovary, said I had "negative" CT, sent me home. I was 6 months Post Hyster! (And I DID NOT have ovaries!) Once they figured out their error....they had to do a quick surgery to remove that booger...he was causing all sorts of problems. (I"m pretty sure I told them that I could feel one there!!! I know my body pretty well, by now!!!)

So, you can mention the ORS - some GYN's are resistant to it. I'm not sure why, but they are. And you could quite possibly have adhesions. The bad thing with adhesions is that you can't test for them. They do not show up on any sort of "Xray".

I hope that you find some relief for your pain! Good luck - and take care!!! Let us know if we can help!

Cortney
Unread 04-21-2005, 11:18 AM

Hey! Thanks for the great reply. I am sitting here waiting, impatiently for my appt. time and I still can't help but wonder if she will indeed find ANYTHING AT ALL or will she think I am crazy? I know this sounds out of this world but it is the same feeling as what I had when I had custs on my ovaries, sound crazy or what?

I just don't know what I am going to do if I go today and she says, well we can't anything! THEN WHAT? Stay with the pain?

Keri
Unread 04-21-2005, 01:55 PM

Well, I have made it back and it is just as I thought. They doc did a vaginal ultrasound and found NOTHING! OF course, right before she did the u/s she told me that there is nothign there to find anything wrong with so I basically waisted my time. I was like, you took it all ut, so yes this is your department. So, as said she found NOTTA and referred me to my GP! AND of course my GP is out until May 9th having her baby so I have another appt. tomorrow ar 3:45 with her partner, which is another lady!

PLEASE HELP ME YOU ALL! I dunno what to do and I am in pain. My GYN didnt offer no med or anythign!!!!!

I will check back later!

Keri
Unread 04-21-2005, 01:58 PM

Well, let us know how it goes. Crossing fingers!

Unread 04-21-2005, 02:39 PM

Keri,

I'm sorry! I know how frustrating it is!!! When I had that Phantom "ovary"/cyst - I was sent from my Gyn to a general surgeon, to a gastro, and then back to my Gyn. None of them could figure out what was "wrong" with me. Finally I got a copy of my CT report - noticed that it said I had a "Normal Left Ovary" You could have knocked me over with a feather!!! lol I had surgery on that "ovary" the next week. It was just a cyst - which is what I thought it was. And I've had many of them grow and rupture. (OOOUUUCCCCHHH!!!!!)

But the biggest problem that I have is the adhesions.

Just don't give up hope!!! Keep after your doctors!!! If you are having pain, you are entitled to treatment. Whether they can see what's causing your pain or not....that's up to them to find the source. But you have to be your biggest advocate.

Keep your chin up!!! And we'll be thinking about you!

s

Cortney

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register