RE: UTI's that wont go away | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

RE: UTI's that wont go away RE: UTI's that wont go away

Unread 04-22-2005, 09:14 AM
RE: UTI's that wont go away

Hi. I just finished my 2nd round of antibotics, still having problems. I called doc's office and they want me to go to hospital AGAIN and have urine tested, to see what type of infection we have here. Now they told me it was a UTI, my question is ...

How long does it take to go away? Anyone else out there have this problem? I feel a lil better but i am soo tired of hospitals. It is friday, i cant get no relief till monday.

I just pray they figure this out, cuz i'm am about over it.

Thanks for letting me rant. But ANY advice, suggestions would be deeply appreciated.

hugs,

carrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2005, 07:22 PM

Hi,

I am sorry you are not getting results with the antibiotics. That is good they are going to check to see what type of infection they are dealing with. Hopefully this will finally be taken care of.

I am not sure how long it will take, but I would say that getting to the type will help solve it sooner .

I will pray that this will be solved soon and you will be on your way to better feeling days.

Let us know how you do.

s
Unread 04-22-2005, 08:58 PM

Cranberry juice and AZO pills help with UTI's.You can go to any store..ex.Wal-Mart and look for AZO-- it's a blue box.I keep those on hand all the time for my UTI's.Good luck!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2005, 10:23 PM

Actually, cranberry juice/tablets are not recommended for someone suffering from a UTI due to the high acid levels found in this fruit.
AZO, on the other hand, would help with the pain associated with the infection.
Are you sure you've actually got an infection--has the Dr been sending out your urine sample for culture?
Unread 04-22-2005, 11:58 PM

Hi thanks for the replies.

Yes i went to ER and it came back as uti. So doc phoned in the 1st round. Ended back up in ER 2nd time, took another and it was still there.!!! Got 2nd round of antibotics along with pills that made urine orange.

But it is still no better. Sad. So in a.m. I must go to lab again and get another test. So they wont know what exactly the type is until monday. Thanks for kind words, and i'll surely let ya know more as i do.

I cannot take cranberry, acid reflux. I still hurt ALOT if i dont take pain meds correctly. And am peeing like a racehorse. Still drinking lotsa water, and tea, i like hot tea.

Today was a tough day. Real tough, I worked myself up due to pain and cried and sheesh I just wish I'd do better is all.

Thanks again,

carrie
Unread 04-23-2005, 07:10 AM

Oh Carrie....what can I say?

You poor thing. I know you have been 'through the mill', as they say. One thing, then another.

I know you are sick to death of hospitals. I hope that the Dr. runs every test in the books this time....and finds out exactly what is up with you!

Hang in there kid-o....and you know you can email any time you want...to talk or rant and rave! I am a good listener

Hopefully on Monday you will have answers and get the right meds to take to make this all go away.

Sending a HUGE
Much Luv,

Kate- aka: Waldo
Unread 04-23-2005, 07:23 AM

Carrie,
I know how nasty it is to have things wrong with your bladder. I have a condition called Irritable Bladder which really acted up after my surgery. In the years prior to my TAH, I would get constant infections also and some would appear to be resistant to antibiotics. When they culture you, they should be able to isolate what bug is causing the problem. My urologist keeps me on a prophylactic dose of Macrobid and a med called Urised to "calm down the inflammation". Maybe you could ask your doctor about the Urised now because that really soothes that nasty feeling.

I'll bet once they identify the bacteria, you will be on the road to recovery. You will be close in thought.
Unread 04-23-2005, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Actually, cranberry juice/tablets are not recommended for someone suffering from a UTI due to the high acid levels found in this fruit.
My Dr and the Hospital have always recommended that to me to take it away faster.It's always worked for me.
Sorry if I gave out bad info or suggestions!!
Unread 04-23-2005, 08:05 PM
is cranberry capsuls have high acid level ?

Quote:
Originally posted by dg2901
AZO, on the other hand, would help with the pain associated with the infection.
Are you sure you've actually got an infection--has the Dr been sending out your urine sample for culture?
Unread 04-23-2005, 08:07 PM
is cranberry capsuls have high acid level?

is capsuls have high acid level?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register