Look Good, Feel Good Program | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Look Good, Feel Good Program Look Good, Feel Good Program

Unread 04-22-2005, 03:30 PM
Look Good, Feel Good Program

Wednesday, the day after my first treatment, I went to a great program at the hospital, sponsored by the Cosmetic Industry.

It taught how to apply makeup to avoid infection, and improve looks, as well as how to deal with hair loss and dry skin, and how to buy a wig. It was a fun afternoon with great women, and they sent us home with a huge kit of expensive makeup (not my usual drug store stuff), toners, moisturizers, sunscreen, everything needed.

What a great program! If you get the opportunity to attend this, definitely do it. I couldn't believe the change, especially in some of the older ladies who maybe don't wear makeup regularly. It was so uplifting!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2005, 03:59 PM

Hey Number9 - glad you enjoyed the program. My grandmother attended a couple of workshops and just loved it.

Incidently this week I just volunteered my services as a cosmetican and makeup artist to help in our local Look Good Feel Better program. I can't wait to start. THere's nothing like making someone feel special at a time in their life when there seems no hope.

Good luck

Sharon
Unread 04-22-2005, 04:28 PM

I also attended a Look Good, Feel Better programme. What a great morning it was. I was amazed at the generosity of the cosmetic industry, especially Estee Lauder.
It was of great benefit to two of the people who attended in particular - an older lady who didn't have much confidence with make-up and a girl in her 30s who was distressed at the prospect of losing her beautiful long hair. Both of them went home with a much more positive outlook.
A worthwhile work-shop if you get the opportunity.
Glenys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2005, 04:48 PM

I loved this program. I tried to volunteer, but since I'm not a cometician or a beautician I guess I've been denied as I tried 3 times to offer my time. At my program, there was a regular woman there , just as a supporting shoulder....and that's what I was hoping to do

I too loved the donations from the cosmetic companies, especially estee lauder (clinique). I fell in love with their cool creamy cleanser and am addicted to it, thanks to LGFB!

K9
Unread 04-22-2005, 04:57 PM

Hi Number9 also live in Canada. Just wondering what province you live have a friend who could use a progam like this.

Cynthia
Unread 04-22-2005, 05:15 PM

It is a great program and I just loved all the makeup and facial creams.

Rosalie
Unread 04-22-2005, 05:22 PM

Wow! I never heard of this program, but am so thankful that it exists! What a wonderful thing for cosmetic companies to do for women. It is true--when you look good, you truly do feel good.
Unread 04-23-2005, 05:25 AM

I also attended a LGFB program here in Montreal, Quebec, Canada! Although I had to go further from home to get an English version!!!

It was a great afternoon -I'm not much on makeup but it was fun having someone (who by the way, K9, was not a cosmetician - just a support system as you stated you wanted to be!) help me apply stuff I've never used before!

I think it's not only the fact of receiving expensive line makeup - but just laughing and joking about some of the side effects like hair loss, dry skin, etc that makes it seem so much more manageable.

I would suggest this session to all women facing treatments. I have since met some of the women at the chemo treatment rooms and we are getting to know each other better!
Unread 04-23-2005, 12:49 PM

Hi Cynthiad:

I also live in Ontario. I think the program is available all across Canada, and think I have a listing of all hospitals that offer the program, so would be glad to look it up for your friend.

Thanks to all the volunteers who put this program on. It is a godsend!
Unread 04-24-2005, 05:35 PM

Ladies,
Here's a link to Look good, Feel Better International.

http://www.lookgoodfeelbetter.org/ge...ernational.htm

K9

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register