how's the 5 weekers doing | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

how's the 5 weekers doing how's the 5 weekers doing

Unread 04-22-2005, 03:38 PM
how's the 5 weekers doing

i am at five weeks from TAH and i was wondering how everyone was feeling to compare my progress. i am much better but i still have sore days and very lazy days. will i always be this tired?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2005, 03:56 PM

We have the same hyster date! I'm feeling pretty good, pain if I overdo things, but no menopausal symptoms..yet.....

Hope to go back to work after my 6 week check. My mind is certainly ready.....hope my body keeps up!

Unread 04-22-2005, 04:49 PM

I am 3 days shy of 6 weeks but doing fine though I have occassional nervous break down. I cry over nothing especially in the evenings. Is this normal? I am to resume work on may 2nd, but I am thinking of taking my 3 week vacational days carried from last year...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2005, 06:28 PM

I was 5 weeks on Monday. My recovery is more up and down than I expected. I'm used to reaching a recovery point and then continuing forward; with the hyst., it seems like I'm constantly going back and forth... back and forth... For example, I went to work part time three days this week. Nothing strenuous - just sitting down or walking around - and at the end of all three days I was utterly exhausted. By Wednesday night I was bleeding a little bit and my belly was super swollen. So, I took the last two days off to recover, feeling totally zapped of energy and mentally fatigued. It just stinks. I'm a fit, healthy gal with a positive outlook on life, and laying around the house unable to do much except have a pity-party for myself drives me berzerk.

So, I guess I have my ups and downs. I can do a moderate amount of work but not on any kind of frequent basis. I fear it really will be a while before I'm back to normal.
Unread 04-23-2005, 01:50 AM

I am 5 weeks also and I still feel sore from the scar and still get pains during the day and of a nigth. I am really trying but finding it very hard to get back on my feet. Thought things would be alot better by now. Im not in lots of pain but just still feel very tender and get shooting pain every now and then. Feel sorry for my 4 children we have had some nice sunny days but by the time ive cleaned the house I just want to rest. Had big operations before and been really fast but this one as been the hardest one for me. Feel abit of a let down to my family.

DAWNIE UKXX
Unread 04-23-2005, 05:52 AM

i'm 5 weeks today -

I can feel a bit of bruising around my left hip - and I got pain when i ovulated mid-week (hoping that settles down) but other than that It's just the tiredness.

I've bought myself a pedometer to see how far i walk each day and compare it to how I feel... (actually i think i'll start a thread about it to see if anyone else is trying the same thing!

People keep commenting on how pale i look - now I have fair skin anyway - but i notice it too - my blood count was 11 post op - thinking of taking some iron tabs for a week to see if my colour returns- failing that, fake tan!

Chicky
Unread 04-23-2005, 06:04 AM

I was 5 weeks Tuesday and feel the same as all of you. Tired and a bit sore all of the time and I am real tired of it. I too thought 6 week s was a really long time to feel better. I wake up tired everyday from the lack of sleep and sore but feel good enough I don't want to lay around. I try to do stuff but have no energy and feel miserable afterward.I return to work next Wed.-to 15 energetic 5 year olds and am a little scared I am not ready but I also feel like I have left them so long already. I know people are tired of asking how I am doing because I always say better but not great.
Unread 04-23-2005, 08:07 AM

I was five weeks the 15th. I must say I feel really great. After my total I came home and got a BAD bladder infection. I was one step away from home I.V. therapy. At that point I thought I would never be "normal" again. Couldn't hardly walk alone or move around. But week by week I got stronger. I started light duty Monday at the office and was tired.

I am a real positive person. I went into this surgery a little sad but you know it could have been worse. There are a lot of our sisters who are dealing with such worse problems. Those are the ones who we need to feel sorry for. I never could have children and that will always be there. But I still have my health and my life. At 41 I feel better than I have in ten years. If we only knew what it was to live without pain and bleeding!! Somehow we forget I guess and just live with it.

Please try to keep your chin up ladies. Surround yourself with positive people. By having this surgery you made that step to feel better.

Have a wonderful spring day!!
Unread 04-23-2005, 09:21 AM

I was 5 weeks on Wed. I can say I hardly have any pain. I walk and having also starting doing some light weights again. Yes I still get tired. By evening I'm ready for bed. But I notice my energy is more and more everyday. They tell me by next week I will even see a bigger diff. in that as well.

Still having the cold chills and night sweats. That is the only problem that I have. I'm trying to make it thru them without being put on any kind of HRT.

People also say I look pale and skinny. Well I really can't help that right now. I was telling my family, if one person tells me out bad I look I'm going to punch them. They just laughed at me. They could atleast say well looks as though your recovery is going well. I hate the negative things people say.

I live day by day and never take a day for granted. We could always be alot wose off.
Unread 04-23-2005, 05:34 PM

I will be 6 weeks on monday, and I have to say I am feeling great. Every now and then I experience some pulling sensations, but overall I feel good. I am really glad I had this surgery as most of you know, the pain was getting to be absolutely unbearable. Unfortunately, I was another young femail who never had the chance to have children and yes I do get to feeling sorry for myself at times, but I agree with the above post that when I start to feel down I think about all the poor unfortunate ladies who have had such a rough time with their surgery and thank the Good Lord above that I was one of the lucky ones. I am pretty excited though because my husband and I are starting classes next week with the state to begin adoption process.

God speed to all of you

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register