fat pants! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-14-2001, 09:23 AM
fat pants!

Hello everyone, my lsh is scheduled for Thursday, 22 February. In preparation, I went out and bought what I refer to as "fat pants" at Wal-Mart. These stetchy stirrup pants, with elasticized waistband are one size larger than I normally wear, and would otherwise not be caught dead in. However, I am looking forward to burning them along with all my napkins, once I recover.

Anyone else purchase fat pants before their surgery?

Laura

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2001, 09:28 AM
fat pants!

I haven't had my surgery yet, but I remember someone else on this board saying that they actually purchased maternity leggings for just this purpose. I think they both sound like a great idea. I intend to look for some this weekend--Walmart you say?
Unread 02-14-2001, 09:43 AM
consider donation

Hi!
I bought some drawstring pants for my recovery, which I was very happy to have. I also bought extra large undies -- which I was also glad to have. I bought 8 pair, and only wore each pair a couple of times before I no longer needed them. Believe it or not, our local women's shelter was happy to have my "recovery clothes," including undies. They were clean and unstained and looked brand new -- I was a little embarrassed to offer them, but they didn't seem to think it was weird at all.

They also took my huge bag full of leftover pads and tampons. Even though the packaging had been opened, the individualy wrapped pads and tampons were welcome. I did save a couple, though for a ceremonial disposal!

Best wishes to you!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-14-2001, 09:54 AM
fat pants!

AMEN on the underwear Cheryl, They are a must!!!
8 days post op here and happy I have them!!
Love, Donna
Unread 02-14-2001, 10:08 AM
Underwear/Fat Pants!

You ladies have me laughing!
Now I'm going shopping for fat pants and big underwear too!
Susan
Unread 02-14-2001, 10:15 AM
fat pants!

yep bought those too large undies, even larger than normal nighty shirt, some larger than normal shorts with elastic band (will need shorts here)and two extra large slip on dresses/jumpers. And guess what I felt I needed to explain to Wal-Mart cashier why I was buying extra large items LOL like she really cared, (I didn't tell her but know I had red face). I mean come on ladies how many of us already hide the size of clothing we buy now? O yeh tore out the tag in everything so size doesn't show on them LOL. Now is this vanity or what?

rosepoem

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register